[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Hah, I'm a little flattered. It really is as if the two parts were designed to fit like that, they fit well enough that even with the lack of any restraint, the considerable friction still prevents them flying apart. I must remember to nag Kei about a decision.

As for the other ongoing discussion, I remember when a great user once said this excellent quote:
(Dec. 27, 2011  12:52 AM)Hazel Wrote: More information is never harmful.

Even if we knew "it breaks", breaking on removal of base clips isn't something many are aware of.
I thought I'd seen someone's do that in Whine About Your Breaks, actually.

It seemed familiar.
You were probably thinking of my base clips themselves breaking as I removed them from the base.

I do wonder if Capricorn Strike G shared the gold plastic syndrome issues, or if they were smart enough to use less metal in the mixture, which supposedly helps somewhat.
(Dec. 30, 2011  12:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: You were probably thinking of my base clips themselves breaking as I removed them from the base.

I do wonder if Capricorn Strike G shared the gold plastic syndrome issues, or if they were smart enough to use less metal in the mixture, which supposedly helps somewhat.
I know that Capricorn Strike G is strongest than Takara Ver.
BrokWine ( an Italian Mod) owns it, and i've never heard from him anything about the gold plastic syndrome!

When i bought Uriel 2 and Wolborg 2 Gold Ver. both of them were NIBs... and both of them have one clip broken... it's been so frustrating for me while i was assembling them! -.-''

Finally, even if the Hasbro Ver. has a strongest plastic than Uriel 2 Takara, it's useless... That Bey is horrible Confused

(Dec. 30, 2011  12:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: You were probably thinking of my base clips themselves breaking as I removed them from the base.

No, what I am thinking of was accompanied by a picture, and was posted - if I am not mistaken - before you were even a member here.
I have searched the thread. One or two of the uriel 2 breaks include pictures, but those were all in-battle. The date things were posted are just as irrelevant to me as they are to you, and seeing as we had discussed this previously, I am more than a little miffed that you would even bring that up, especially considering the relative creation dates of our respective accounts?

Even if it had occurred previously:
(Dec. 27, 2011  12:52 AM)Hazel Wrote: More information is never harmful.

For example, I was not aware of that particular break until Synesthesia posted, and I did a fair bit of research when I first obtained a Uriel 2, even venturing into The Land Before (my) Time.

Either way, Synesthesia once held your title too. He deserves the appropriate level of respect, especially when your justification is "oh, it seemed familiar".

Thanks Galaxy. I know Capricorn Strike G is useless, but I was curious to know if, had Hasbro released Uriel 2 with its own base instead of a copy of a gimmick which only needed to be done once, the breakage problems would be quite such an issue.
(Dec. 30, 2011  1:04 AM)Hazel Wrote: No, what I am thinking of was accompanied by a picture, and was posted - if I am not mistaken - before you were even a member here.

Woah, hold it guys! We're dealing with an oldie, here! Serious

Chances are you mixed it up with these pictures, back in the "Whine about your breaks" thread which I also posted up in Galaxy's Uriel 2 draft. (which means you most definitely did see it since you were editing it!) And as far as I know, is the only visually documented break of a Uriel 2. I could be wrong.. but:

[Image: IMG_4067.jpg]

On top of that, the base is shattered but the clips are just fine. Now seriously, treat Synesthesia with the certain degree of respect that he deserves.
(Dec. 30, 2011  1:18 AM)th!nk Wrote: Either way, Synesthesia once held your title too. He deserves the appropriate level of respect, especially when your justification is "oh, it seemed familiar".

I don't think he was intending to be disrespectful.. His point about me doing some thorough research before posting was accurate.. His phrasing was rough though, but I just think that's the general tone of his posts.

All the staff/former-staff get along fine.. Minor disagreements are no big deal.
(Dec. 29, 2011  1:26 AM)Dan Wrote: "we don't need you to agree with us, we already know" doesn't sound like "look around, learn something new!" to me.

still inappropriate, Synesthesia.
Honestly, I think it should be dropped regardless of other peoples' opinions on it.. Me and Hazel are cool and that's all that matters.

But For future reference, I deal with things via PM with staff if I find something inappropriate or whatever. Crapping up a thread with stuff likes this causes unnecessary weirdness and generally makes situations seem worse than they are or have to be.

back on topic:

th!nks Uriel 2 solution is still brilliant and currently one of the coolest things in plastics to me. Zombies being a close second since they are also pretty neat themselves.
I apologise for you being caught in the middle of this, it is not the first instance, but out of respect to you, I will drop it. However, I stand by my objections, the post made me feel physically sick, and for what it's worth, the PM route has been tried before.

Back to the actual discussion:

I'm again glad to see others love it too. Here's something else cool about my current combo, outside of the SG/Tip Setup, which also serves as a little "how-to" for aligning the AR, WD and SP nicely (and yeah, I've switched back to wide defense for now, no real reason, but yeah).

Of course, the same can be done on Uriel 2's own base, but if you look closely (sorry, mobile phone camera and shaky hands), you'll notice a bit of a deformation of Survivor Ring, so I'd be very hesitant about using it. Plus, Uriel 2's base is ever so slightly taller than this setup.

Also, there's some pretty harsh wear and tear on my AR. So I will say, as with ANY combo moving at such speed, it's inadvisable to use any high-breakage parts.
The wear on the AR and SP are pretty natural.. It should last you quite sometime unless the AR spontaneously breaks. Of course, it won't be mint by any stretch of the word.

Even the tip will likely remain fast long after you get bored with beyblade. I have a worn GFC: UM and it's still faster than anything else in that gen but, but noticeably slower than a mint RC.

That combo will get the job done for a while unless there's some unknown damage that occurs which we aren't aware of yet.
One of the wings of Triple Tiger (man that sounds like a corny kung foo flick) is kinda "gouged" at top of the main contact point. Nowhere near breakage inducing levels, but I'd be wary with the more fragile AR's
(and SP, I broke a Fin Tector whilst working out the best AR/SP combination to use).

That said, given the height of this combo, I generally find Triple Tiger to give the optimal attack range, and it also adds some nice lashings of upper attack to throw things around (and out of) the stadium.

As for base damage etc, other than the usual clip breakage (why didn't TT release clip boosters seriously we will run out one day), I've been checking pretty regularly, and my base seems to be fine. It's definitely sturdier than the original, anyway.

On the off chance you somehow smack something like the top of a stadium wall extremely hard with the very end of the tip while jolting it forward for a sliding shot and it flies out (which is literally the only way to dislodge it, and it requires a very impressive level of clumsiness to pull off successfully), the tip is huge and bright red, even on thick grass it would be extremely difficult to lose. It takes a level of clumsiness that you would never see under tournament conditions, even for a half-asleep, extremely nervous me. Other forms of disassembly are infinitely more common, to sum it up.

Wear is another good thing about my SG setup too, as it protrudes more, there's more wear that can be done before you hit the base (you can wear it as far as could possibly be legal). Also, though questionably legal, once all of the main tip part wears away, there's an even wider section that comes into contact, which I imagine would be difficult to control, but very fast. It doesn't wear very quickly anyway.

Whilst a fully mint one is slightly faster and far less prone to, for lack of a better description, humping the tornado ridge and barely moving, you can basically match the speed with a worn one as long as you have a good launch anyway. In both states, it's still thousands of leagues better than storm grip.

I certainly hope it is given the thumbs up from the committee, going through "Whine about your Breaks" (which was created due to Brad breaking two uriel 2's in as many days, iirc), the desire for a way to re-use the tips after the death of the base has been desired for a long time, and by many people.

Apparently Over Attack SP were pretty good for attack? Again, a shame they weren't released elsewhere, as they also break extremely easily, and I've not been willing to try mine.
hello everyone!!
I want to ask something...if it is not the proper thread to ask then tell me soSmile
Between AR of Gigars,Dranzer G and Apollon G...which one is better attack and has less recoil??

P.S.- i know these not very good attack rings but rightnow i only have choice between these AR
Are there any good parts to be found on Dranzer V?

I don't mean Dranzer V2, but the first Dranzer V.
(Jan. 05, 2012  1:01 PM)nik1392 Wrote: hello everyone!!
I want to ask something...if it is not the proper thread to ask then tell me soSmile
Between AR of Gigars,Dranzer G and Apollon G...which one is better attack and has less recoil??

P.S.- i know these not very good attack rings but rightnow i only have choice between these AR

Belongs in build me a combo, but as it's a pretty obscure question, Appolon G is probably the best of the three, but it's a pretty rare part.

And people, remember, this is not Ask a Question Get an Answer/Purchase Consultation/Build Me a Combo. Don't treat it like that.
Looking through the BBF threads that Kei gave a download link for a while and apparantely the tip was different for Hasbro. Hasbro's was described as a carpy plastic like rubber while Takara's had a proper rubber tip. Can anyone confirm this. I would if I even owned one. Not sure that it's true i'm just wondering. Also amusingly enough Leedraciel's combo using Wolborg 4 and Draciel G was known about by the old community and apparantely introduced by Nic(he made some posts near the start to the photos thread.
(Jan. 05, 2012  7:33 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2012  1:01 PM)nik1392 Wrote: hello everyone!!

Belongs in build me a combo, but as it's a pretty obscure question, Appolon G is probably the best of the three, but it's a pretty rare part.

And people, remember, this is not Ask a Question Get an Answer/Purchase Consultation/Build Me a Combo. Don't treat it like that.

Thanks alot for the help...i'l keep that in mind...and one of my friend is having Apollon G and wants me to trade my Gigars AR for his Apollon's AR...Smile
(Jan. 05, 2012  8:32 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Looking through the BBF threads that Kei gave a download link for a while and apparantely the tip was different for Hasbro. Hasbro's was described as a carpy plastic like rubber while Takara's had a proper rubber tip. Can anyone confirm this. I would if I even owned one. Not sure that it's true i'm just wondering. Also amusingly enough Leedraciel's combo using Wolborg 4 and Draciel G was known about by the old community and apparantely introduced by Nic(he made some posts near the start to the photos thread.

Not sure what base you're referring to with the first part, and I'm pretty sure leedraciel's combo didn't use parts from draciel g?

And yeah, I know of Nic.
(Jan. 05, 2012  6:58 PM)Poseidon Wrote: No there isn't, the base can be tollerated in attack mode but otherwise no.

Figures, 'cause the Metal Flat in the Volcano Change Base has very little surface area anyways
(Jan. 05, 2012  10:33 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2012  8:32 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Looking through the BBF threads that Kei gave a download link for a while and apparantely the tip was different for Hasbro. Hasbro's was described as a carpy plastic like rubber while Takara's had a proper rubber tip. Can anyone confirm this. I would if I even owned one. Not sure that it's true i'm just wondering. Also amusingly enough Leedraciel's combo using Wolborg 4 and Draciel G was known about by the old community and apparantely introduced by Nic(he made some posts near the start to the photos thread.

Not sure what base you're referring to with the first part, and I'm pretty sure leedraciel's combo didn't use parts from draciel g?

And yeah, I know of Nic.

Oh darn I missed out the name. It was Dragoon F.
My Hasbro Dragoon F didn't really feel like rubber (it's very, very worn down now) when I first got it, so yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. It was pretty hard rubber, and thus it was a bit slower than I would've liked.
I can also attest to my Dragoon F's old tip being really slow - it was the only rubber tip I could really control well in a Hasbro stadium back then, haha.
Those things don't really confirm the theory though. I'd require someone who owns both the takara and Hasbro versions.