[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Ive done a few, dont want to do anymore till at lesst ones approved, whichwill mean im properly not wsting my time, but it seems like there slowly dissapearing ...
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:21 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Just recieved driger v2, its good , but i dont see anything worthwhile, IE its too calm, cant see how it really "dominated" throughout the tournaments, if anything they must have been really worn. The SP i havent gone into fully, i'm getting a uriel 2, looking foward to using it but it looks awesome, it'll be hard to use... One other thing is the breakage issue, a 12 year old kid can't really afford it breaking. What breaks exactly, the clips? Or the actually BB ?

Many of the breaks I saw in the threads mentioning Uriel 2 breakage involved the actual BB itself breaking, shattering, cracking, etc. in catastrophic(and heartbreaking) ways.

SG Metal Change is, or was, quite a good BB, I'm not sure why you didn't find it that useful... you do need to know exactly how to launch it to get maximum effect out of it, and it's typically aimed at being more of an Attack-oriented Balance base, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. I'm fairly certain it would not have had such a decent reputation during the Plastics era if it weren't worth using. There's no contesting the fact that for defensive Compacts it isn't that great(in light of better alternatives such as Metal Ball Base), but if you want attack capability, you will not get any better than SG Metal Change.

I couldn't get much function out of Driger V's BB, honestly - even now, it seems overly docile for something with "flat" in the name. I also had a slight problem with Driger V BBs cracking as well, though I'm not sure if that's just because I bladed hard, or if it's a common defect.

Driger V2's Customize Change base is far too sharp to easily get any kind of attack function out of, in my opinion, until it's been EXCESSIVELY worn down, apparently. Even very deep banking, on a pristine one, will not provide any kind of attack movement.
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:31 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Ive done a few, dont want to do anymore till at lesst ones approved, whichwill mean im properly not wsting my time, but it seems like there slowly dissapearing ...
ikr?
when i get my new beyblades from Dusty i'ma do some testing lol.
Guess plastics are starting to really fade.
NOBODY SAYS THAT ABOUT BABIES Jks.
Anyway what have you ordered and have you got a tornado attack staduim ?
Wolborg 4
Driger V
Draciel V
Dragoon V
Gaia Dragoon V
Rock Bison
May get his bucket of beyblades if it hasn't been sold yet.
EDIT: dammit...,nop don have one ;(
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:35 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:21 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Just recieved driger v2, its good , but i dont see anything worthwhile, IE its too calm, cant see how it really "dominated" throughout the tournaments, if anything they must have been really worn. The SP i havent gone into fully, i'm getting a uriel 2, looking foward to using it but it looks awesome, it'll be hard to use... One other thing is the breakage issue, a 12 year old kid can't really afford it breaking. What breaks exactly, the clips? Or the actually BB ?
*snip*

Damn, wont be ableto replace, it. Use it or keep in int, what to do, what to do ?

Hmmm i accept thatit will take getting used to, but i can make i agressive, i just dont see anything particularly, special.

Driger V is among my favorite beys, it's properly just common defect i expect.

Apparently it was both KOing and OS, i was just messingaround with dranzer v2 (awesome beyblade) and it didnt do particularlly good.

(Sep. 14, 2011  9:51 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: Wolborg 4
Driger V
Draciel V
Dragoon V
Gaia Dragoon V
Rock Bison
May get his bucket of beyblades if it hasn't been sold yet.
EDIT: dammit...,nop don have one ;(
I think that in one of my old threads we all just agreed to use the staduims that we can use for plastic play in tournaments, and attack staduim is one of them.

(Sep. 14, 2011  10:00 AM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:35 AM)Hazel Wrote:
*snip*

Damn, wont be ableto replace, it. Use it or keep in int, what to do, what to do ?

Hmmm i accept thatit will take getting used to, but i can make i agressive, i just dont see anything particularly, special.

Driger V is among my favorite beys, it's properly just common defect i expect.

Apparently it was both KOing and OS, i was just messingaround with dranzer v2 (awesome beyblade) and it didnt do particularlly good.

Honestly, I wouldn't use any parts from a Uriel 2 unless I had one or more spares available for collection/display purposes - it's simply far too rare and valuable, and suffers SEVERELY from Gold Plastic Syndrome(Also known as Brown Plastic Syndrome, "WHY DID YOU BROKE?" Syndrome, and "Plastic Senility"), which leads to it being extremely fragile in bad places. I have actually seen Uriel 2 BBs with gigantic chunks simply missing from them after very minimal use.

The key to using SG Metal Change is a properly-banked Sliding Shoot, which causes it to frequently switch between Attack and Endurance modes unprovoked, causing erratic(but controlled) movements, which deliver hard, high-RPM hits to the enemy bey, while still permitting viable spin time.

OS I can see on a pristine Customize Change base, as it does have impressive spin time for the overall weight of the bey sitting atop it. Dranzer V2's SP rightly stop Driger V2's SP from functioning perfectly, depending on the angle of your launch. Or at least, that's what I saw happening in my own tests.
It's one of the best bottoms for attack and the only other bey that competes with it: Grip Attacker comes around a lot less often. However yes it does break quite easily. I've has two do that to me.
Ill tryit without the SP or with another, curious what happends, also , it does hapen, justnot really, agressive.
I performed several Solo Spin-Time Tests on a few of the bases we discussed today.

Setup:
Tiger Defenser
Heavy 10
Neo-Right SG Magnecore(North)
SG Metal Change

Shot straight, for a center-sitting behavioral pattern.

Times:
2'10
2'11
2'20
2'27

Setup:
Claw Upper
Heavy 10
Neo-Right SG Magnecore(South)
Customize Change Base

Shot Straight for docile behavior.

Times:
1'30
1'32
1'32
1'36

These tests were done purely in the interests of seeing which of the two bases, in a "default" setup(ie: the most popular setups using them - I used SG Magnecores because I do not own any HMC, but since both used Magnecores of identical weight and both had mint tips, the results should not be influenced in any serious way when comparing the two.), could spin longer in "Survival" mode. The answer is extremely clear. SG Metal Change also attacks considerably faster, harder, and more reliably, than Customize Change.

I tested SG Semi-Flat alongside it, as well, but my SG Semi-Flat was behaving very aggressively for some reason, so I could not get reliable spin time results out of it.

These tests were done in the dead center of a Sonokong BB-10 Attack-type MFB stadium. Since the tests were on center-spin-only, using an MFB stadium over a Plastics stadium has no foreseeable impact on results.
My SG metal change is quite agressive, i would test often with it. Also, what happenned at the plastic tournament, how did driger v2 usualy win, by OS or KO ?
(Sep. 14, 2011  12:04 PM)Poseidon Wrote: My SG metal change is quite agressive, i would test often with it. Also, what happenned at the plastic tournament, how did driger v2 usualy win, by OS or KO ?

I'm actually not aware of the circumstances surrounding the tournament success of Driger V2. I would assume, however, that it likely won by KO, as its spin time is exceptionally low for it to be functioning as a Survival-type Bey.

Two of my SG Metal Changes are somewhat difficult to get to sit still, but I tested the mint one most. Testing the non-mint ones that liked to be aggressive more often than not(but only recording spin times of center-sitting launches) resulted in these times:

2'01
2'03
2'06
2'11
I was expecting to see more of dranzer v2 considering its really esasy to useand i get really good results from it !

Just by looking at dranzer V it looks too thin, i mean look at it, i assume it has similar effect of driger F's AR
(Sep. 14, 2011  12:15 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I was expecting to see more of dranzer v2 considering its really esasy to useand i get really good results from it !

Just by looking at dranzer V it looks too thin, i mean look at it, i assume it has similar effect of driger F's AR

I did really love using an uncustomized Dranzer V2 back in the old days of Beyblading in the streets with my friends, before Dranzer V2 had come out in the US. The SP on it are really neat, and watching it switch modes at/near the end of a match is really entertaining. Plus, it's got so much sheer bulk to it that it hangs on pretty good.

I did break a Dranzer V on at least one occasion, and it broke in a similar fashion to Driger F, as a matter of fact. The gap between the contact points on the wings and the center part of the AR is just too wide, and the plastic is, as you said, too thin, to withstand repeated impact of significant nature. It was a Whale Attacker combo that broke it, iirc.
Must say the base is quiteusefull, it depletes alot of spin at the end op the battle, for instance im using survival combo, dranzer v2 will properly end up losing (i dont knowsince it turns into attack), and then it end up winning, which is really good.

OHKO seems to be dead now, which is shame, i find it quite usefull, its entertaining to watch aswell, i aas trying a combo that involves wyborg.
(Sep. 14, 2011  12:25 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Must say the base is quiteusefull, it depletes alot of spin at the end op the battle, for instance im using survival combo, dranzer v2 will properly end up losing (i dont knowsince it turns into attack), and then it end up winning, which is really good.

OHKO seems to be dead now, which is shame, i find it quite usefull, its entertaining to watch aswell, i aas trying a combo that involves wyborg.

The big problem I found with OHKO was that it tended to rip through parts - which is probably why it's dead, now, since Plastics are so annoying to replace, especially the better parts you want to use for OHKO(mostly Grip Base and Uriel 2's BB, for example). ARs used for OHKO broke so frequently... it's not even practical to practice with them, because you'll more than likely break it before you even get to a tournament...
(Sep. 14, 2011  12:29 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2011  12:25 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Must say the base is quiteusefull, it depletes alot of spin at the end op the battle, for instance im using survival combo, dranzer v2 will properly end up losing (i dont knowsince it turns into attack), and then it end up winning, which is really good.

The big problem I found with OHKO was that it tended to rip through parts - which is probably why it's dead, now, since Plastics are so annoying to replace, especially the better parts you want to use for OHKO(mostly Grip Base and Uriel 2's BB, for example). ARs used for OHKO broke so frequently... it's not even practical to practice with them, because you'll more than likely break it before you even get to a tournament...

Its nota fianacial problem, its the fact that the bases are quite limited and that if its doesnt KO quick, it most likely wont work. However Im gonna ahve a look at how zinrai does in OHKO before it really is dead. All OHKO is smash attack with tons of recoil, personally, i dont see it quite dead yet.
haha..Zinrai wont be dead since they are pretty much on ebay inlot..i myself accidentally got two..
it has good smash..mmm..but suffer from recoil and can lead too self K.O..but yeah..further testing is really needed..
When i say dead i mean not very usefull. Zinrai is pretty much what you said, a great candidate.
I did a bit of tinkering with my Driger V2 for an hour or so, and came to the conclusion that it likely won by a 50/50 combo of OS/KO - while it doesn't have great stamina, when it's knocked off-kilter/tilted by other Beys, the slopes on the SP tilt it back up into the proper spin angle most of the time. It also delivers some extraordinary hits on Beys of the right(wrong?) height.

Had several stadium-outs with some of my Compact combos, as well as many unmodified(aside from putting Heavy 10/Wide 10s on things that needed them) setups.

All in all, I can easily see how this Bey did well in tournaments uncustomized or nearly uncustomized - the AR and SP work extremely well together, especially in the ability to re-stabilize after being made to wobble, or knocked into an angular spin.
I think that dranzer v2s base and driger v2 ar and sp will work well together.
Hmmmm, this is most directed towards th!nk,
how does itwork out
war lion and screw zeus?
If you don't mind snapping war lions and wearing away at your screw zeus, yes, otherwise, I'd take dei's suggestion and successful use of Gaia Dragoon's AR in it's place.

Pardon the length of this post, it's been quite a while, and I'm also half asleep. It's not that scientific because, frankly, I've been more focussed on the fun of the game than the technical aspects of late, and I've also been up 21 hours.

Ahh, Hazel, very glad to see you're interested in plastics too.

I had my taste of the awesome power, and then, awesome fragility of Uriel 2's base. A great shame, it is probably the best attack base in plastics, being able to hold SP like Upper Attack SP certainly doesn't harm it either, but sadly, they made the most violent part out of the most fragile plastic... Certainly a shame.

As usual, basically everything you've said is spot on, Driger V2's tip is sadly too sharp. I'm interested in trying the following, but my wolborg casings are too small, thus preventing the shaft spinning freely, which is something I'd like (like Mc Frown's opposite-spin upper attacker). However, they are the ONLY casings that will work with Dragoon V2's base and Driger F's shaft, without causing the base to scrape.

AR: Upper Claw (Driger V2)
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Right SG, Wolborg 1 casings, Driger F Shaft.
SP: Upper Attack SP (Driger V2)
BB: Dragoon V2

It is admittedly very tall, however, the bottom slope of the upper attack SP are still a fraction lower than that of upper dragoon on a storm grip base. That said, you are left with a ridiculous of unuseable spare parts after making this bey, so keep that in mind.

Was playing around with my Dragoon GT AR today, and it actually showed up just about every other attack AR. TBH, if you look at it, it looks like it has everything needed for good Smash attack, and it seems to demonstrate it nicely. I've lost a lot of motivation to do anything, especially tests, of late, but yeah.

Another bit of food for thought, line up triple wing (trygle), and wolborg 2's AR, Upper Wolf. The impact points are basically identical, they're even similar structurally, though Upper Wolf looks bulkier, though I wouldn't call this a negative, given triple wing is not the most resilient AR, and it also has basically identical spacing. However, despite the similarities, Upper Wolf is a touch lower in terms of power. Not that it's bad or anything, it's a very solid AR, not something I'd mind having to use in a tourney situation, it's just being so similar to Triple Wing, I'd expect more.

Other than that, nothing huge to report, Master Draciels AR is still sucking harder than a dyson, Doublecopter is still cooler than you, that weird opposite-spin upper attack combo mcfrown posted is still my favourite combo, and guardian driger is still super-duper amazing hawt.

Oh, I have been getting better results outta my storm grip base now. Currently using it in a standard smash attack setup, but with Dragoon GT's AR, as I mentioned, it's impressed me, perhaps more than cross griffon, we shall see (it's hard to compare two opposite-spin AR's).

That and I've lately been going for more of a "what works for me" than "what is the absolute best" approach, seeing as I'm really more focussed on having fun right now.
If you made it this far, CONGRATULATIONS, you get a cookie.
just a thought...cant Uriel 2 SG + rubber tip put into other BBs like Dragoon V, Wolborg, Wolborg 2 as a reaplace since its own BB is very fragile.. Uncertain
No, the SG only fits in it's own base, sadly. I've tried everything other than Dragoon V, but I have tried Uriel 1, which is just a mirror of dragoon v's base, and again, no luck. Plus, the tip is part of the base, not the Spin Gear, so it would not be legal to change it (or use other tips in the same base, even).

The tip may fit in the shaft of draciel F's SG, which is filled with grease, and thus not something I wish to try (and it would obviously be highly illegal).

EDIT: Curiosity got the better of me, but it does not fit into SG Oil Ball either.