[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

(Jul. 08, 2011  4:31 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2011  1:04 AM)Evan Wrote: It came out being War Lion and Tiger Defense, so look no further.

yes, but what about those without either of those parts? what should they use?

lets have a example: there is a tournament coming up and a guy going to it wants to make an attack type, a defence type, and a zombie type. so he gets all his parts out.

he has good parts for attack and defence, but for the zombie he has no good ARs. so what does he use? what would be the best?

that is what i am saying. if you dont have one of the best parts then you have to make do with what you have (like i said already, i do not care if is the best, but as long as it can be used). that is a reason why we are discussing overlooked parts (note i said a reason, not the)

this is one of the things i dislike. people get so caught up with the best parts that they do not think of the people without axis or money to buy the good parts...

Something with most of the weight focused on the outside, with minimal recoil. I honestly can't tell you any second tier ARs for zombies, other than Gabriel's which is quite rare.
(Jul. 07, 2011  5:59 PM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2011  4:22 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Um well it says it's very good on beywiki. One part that I can imagine is good for defence is Vortex ape's ar. Can anyone comment on the truth in this?

The heads have too much recoil.
And it's not very good, especially not for zombies.
Star Shape is terrible.
I don't like weight based Defense combos, I much prefer SG Bearing Version 2 variants.
Try Cutter is one of my all time favorite AR's because it works so well with Wide Defense for Weight Disk Attack.

I said defence not zombies! Unless you were talking about Shadow driger's ar.
(Jul. 08, 2011  9:17 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2011  4:31 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2011  1:04 AM)Evan Wrote: It came out being War Lion and Tiger Defense, so look no further.

yes, but what about those without either of those parts? what should they use?

lets have a example: there is a tournament coming up and a guy going to it wants to make an attack type, a defence type, and a zombie type. so he gets all his parts out.

he has good parts for attack and defence, but for the zombie he has no good ARs. so what does he use? what would be the best?

that is what i am saying. if you dont have one of the best parts then you have to make do with what you have (like i said already, i do not care if is the best, but as long as it can be used). that is a reason why we are discussing overlooked parts (note i said a reason, not the)

this is one of the things i dislike. people get so caught up with the best parts that they do not think of the people without axis or money to buy the good parts...

Something with most of the weight focused on the outside, with minimal recoil. I honestly can't tell you any second tier ARs for zombies, other than Gabriel's which is quite rare.

I thought Gabriel was one of the best ar's for zombies....
They're pretty easily available, tbh.

(Jul. 08, 2011  2:17 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2011  2:15 AM)th!nk Wrote: Compact? It's so tall. Sure you aren't thinking of metal ball base, draciel mbd's bb?

I also used Metal Ball Base, but yes SG Metal Ball can still have use in compact. IIRC - compact meant small and dense, which that still is albeit with a bit of added height.

It's one of the largest bases. Not really compact, and I've always found due to it's "knobbly" shape, it's spin is easily interrupted.
Yeah they aren't hard to find but they're on the more expensive end.
Meh, even a sonokong gold driger S, if you're lucky, can just fit on a Spin Gear, and it protrudes less than a TT one. They were cheap a few months back.
Wait what.
Also yeah those Gold ones are different so I think they might be illegal (I bought some and put the tips on my S beys :V).
Last I checked they were legal, pretty sure it was Kei or at least another comittee member who said so. They're just slightly smaller Tongue_out The bases won't fit a regular spin gear, though, so you have to stick with what you have, and TT/Hasbro AR's are sometimes loose (not always). It's just "yeah they're legal but they don't always customise with other beys"

On the upside, you CAN stick a new Weight disk on, so at least you can get something halfway resembling a compact outta driger S.

Hah, I did the exact same thing, actually, but I've had to use some of them to get enough beys for this tourney.

It's possible to fit the AR's on normal spin gears with no modification, if you're lucky. It DOES take a bit of strength though, I often put the bases on last to make it work.
They're Sonokong which is allowed so how would they not be legal...
Because a lot of their parts aren't interchangeable with other beys (only other gold beys iirc). Still, from the current rules they'd be considered legal so whatever :p
(Jul. 07, 2011  8:27 AM)poseidon Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2011  4:52 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2011  12:35 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Ew whoever mentioned Draciel AR's they're all totally worthless.
I can't find but one good combo for Smash Turtle.

Master Draciel works well on defense combos.
I wouldn't say its over looked though i think its to ligt for defence but for zombie c0mbos yeah it good
It's not good for zombies at all. It doesn't line up well with Wide Survivor

SG Metal Ball Base is one of the best bases for defense simply because of how much weight it allows your beyblade to have potentially.
Have any of you ever tested Twin Horn (Hasbro Version) + War Lion S-AR for Zombies/Spin Stealers? I'm sure it would at least be OK, but I don't believe anyone has ever tested it.
(Oct. 09, 2007  1:29 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: AR: Upper Dragoon
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right Double Bearing
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customize Grip
Concept: Zombie Killer

I tested this against:
AR: Twin Horn (I think that is Gabriel) w' Warlion subring (Twin Horn is Hasbro)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left SG Double Bearing
SP: Survivor Ring
BB: Customize Grip

The zombie killer won 2 out of 3 matches. The first two matches it won by outspinning the other. The last one it lost by getting knocked out early in the match. This was partly due to mislaunch.

What do you guys think? Do you think there are any surefire ways to battle against zombies?
A potential ood combo ?

(Oct. 12, 2007  12:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Please keep in mind that SG Metal Flat Base is Driger V's BB. SG Metal Flat Base 2 is GDV (which I'm sure is what you meant).

AR: Twin Horn
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right
SG Core: HMC
BB: SG Metal Ball Base
Brad looks like he knows what the uses are
(Aug. 31, 2008  12:16 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Started trying to write up an article, but I got stuck on a few things. If anyone isn't too busy and wants to finish it, you're more than welcome to.
Otherwise, put some tips up and I'll be able to finish it off myself Smile

Gabriel:

Released under Habro with an Engine Gear as "White Gabriel G"

Attack Ring (AR): Twin Horn
Twin Horn is considered as one of the best ARs available for Zombie/Survival customizations. It is thin, lightweight and round in shape, all qualities that make for a prime survival combo. Adding to those, it also possesses great spin-stealing ability due to the notches all around both its wings.
Its size and round shape also make this AR line up perfectly with the Wide Survivor WD, as well as the Wide Defense, which are also the top WD choices for Zombie combos, nullifying any recoil the AR might have had upon impact, while still keeping its spin-stealing ability and increasing both survival and defense.

Important Note: Hasbro's Version of Gabriel has completely altered the attack ring, by changing it to a Sub-ring Style Attack ring instead of keeping the ring on the Blade Base like the original Takara version. Therefore, In all combinations that the Twin Horn is used, Only Takara Versions are recommended for Zombie customization.

Weight Disk (WD): Revolver Attacker
See Special Weight Disks > See Revolver Attack

Spin Gear (SG): Neo Spin Right (MW Core)
See Neo-Right SG

Blade Base (BB): SG-Wing Base
The tip on the Blade base is flat, so this would lead one to believe that it is an attack type Beyblade.

Sub-Ring (S-AR):
The downside of using the Subring on this base is that, the opposing beyblade may 'catch' the Sub-ring as it is spinning and cause it to abruptly stop, causing Gabriel to lose both balance, and a lot of spin.
Sub-Rings such as these, which are wide enough to cause unnecessary problems should not be used to anyone wanting to beyblade competatively.

Use in Zombie Customization:
Attack Ring (AR): Twin Horn
Weight Disk(WD): Wide Survivor/Wide Defense
Spin Gear(SG):
Blade Base (B:
Support Parts (SP):

-Insert Description here- << I don't own Wide defense or Survivors so I haven't had chance to test it as such, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them Smile

Overall:
Gabriel's AR is a good choice in Zombie/Survival combination. (Need to expand on this further but stuck on what to write, anyone have ideas?)

I still need to elaborate on the blade base and such, but it'll come in time Smile Hope this is looking a bit better than the first edit.
Also, Thanks to king of Darkness for help revamping the AR description and to everyone else for giving me hints and tips for this article, it's greatly appreciated Smile

what more can yo want an aricle Grin it looks like it has serious potential he ar of course
You realize that article is only talking about the takara version and not the hasbro version that Kei is talking about right?
I've been using a dranzer GT EG and Dragoon GT's CEW, with a no clutch base for defense. It's not great, but it's kind of a poor man's Wolborg 2.
It can spin semi-freely on it's shaft, and the rubber is hard so it's got passable stamina. If yours is too aggro, try winding the CW up, it tends to reduce the aggro time, and doesn't have too much effect on stamina, once the bey is stationary it does very little. Kinda cool, I guess.

Theoretically, if the CEW were stationary, and the rest of the bey was pushed backwards by a hit, it would give it more forward rotation. That's just theory, I doubt it actually happens.

Not amazing, but better than my horrid SG Metal Ball, which has no stamina (something's wrong with the tip). Less overlooked and more "if you're desperate".
(Jul. 08, 2011  9:51 PM)Kei Wrote: Have any of you ever tested Twin Horn (Hasbro Version) + War Lion S-AR for Zombies/Spin Stealers? I'm sure it would at least be OK, but I don't believe anyone has ever tested it.
Wouldn't complete War Lion just be much better?

Twin Horn (Hasbro Version) + Screw Zeus = top tier AR for attack
Probably, but it's still an idea.

Someone set me straight on this, by the way, why does Galeon's AR work well for defence, due to it's free-spinning sub ring, but larger sub-rings, like Gaia Dragoon V's suck? Wouldn't they just catch more of the hit and therefore protect it better? Maybe Galzzly's is a better example because it's not as awkwardly shaped, but yeah, wouldn't that mean more protection?

I'm not disputing the fact, I'm just wondering why is all?
The plastic generation didn't exactly have a game that was as simple as MFB in the
Stamina > Defense > Attack > Stamina

They had other categories like compacts, zombies, endurance, attack, heavy attack, defense, defense/stamina, etc. In defense, you generally want everything to be as round as possible, but you're right in that larger ARs work better. That's why Guardian Odin was so successful with Smash Turtle.

Besides, Gaia Dragoon V's AR is better for attack. Gaia Dragoon = attack blade.
My main thing is free-spinning Sub AR's on defence combo's that use them. I guess mostly, though, that's zombie-defence hybrids that need the roundness.

But in other cases, say, as in substitutes, would galzzly's Sub-AR be better than Galeons, for defence, as it would be more likely to protect against a hit. I mean, I guess there's the tradeoff of easier contact, though. Uncertain
Not really because it will catch. It also depends on what base you put it on. Plastics aren't as simple as "put CS as the tip and you are good". Everything needs to harmonize.
Ahh, true.

And yeah, I guess that's why I love them so much Cute

FWIW, I actually stumbled across zombies, Spiral Change being awesome, and "DEFENCE NEEDS TO BE ROUND" as a kid with no internet, though I was convinced the star-ratings were scientifically tested by hasbro. YEAH BOI.
Same here, dude. You're not alone. (Actually figured Bump King was good, same with Wyborg. What a flop.)
Actually, they were scientifically tested by Takara lol. I think Dizzi rated them.
Actually, I dismissed bump king as it had one of the worst total star counts I'd ever seen.

Spiral Change Base was like 3/1/4 (atk, def, sta), which is actually pretty fair.

Deikailo: >Takara
>Dizzi
Dizzi was a nelvana creation. So hah.

Think we're getting off topic now lol.
i cant believe i am about to say this but...
i think wyborgs ar has potential in a OHOKO custom i knowits base that sucks but ill check it later