[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

There are more than three useful weight disks. Wide Defense, Wide Survivor, Ten Heavy, Ten Wide. Even Ten Balance.
Fine but tbh I think all the good weight disks have been recognised by now years after plastics are over. Also i'd like to say that the metagame depends on people playing which they kind of don't. None of these are overlooked. It's just other parts were better than them.
There were parts which were overlooked, primarily those which had attack potential. Unfortunately due to the design of the whole plastic gen in general, many FAILED. Stamina was dominant. Attack types did not have the RPM to drive the AR to its fullest potential due to it being plastic. Combos back then were pretty much generic...

Almost anything with 10 heavy and HMC was an upgrade due to plastics being so light. There were so many stamina/zombie variations that it all turn out to be almost the same.

If its one thing which I can summarise the plastic era as, it was full of gimmicks. It was fun, but as you can see, only a fraction only made it out competitively.... Sieving out what was overlooked is somewhat pointless. It was overlooked for a reason. They just couldnt survive. We've known this for years. At least I believe those who were from that era would...

Edit: Since we're talking about plastics, I have to make one statement. A zombie is a zombie because it has life after death. Not because it could spin steal (only)
Personally I think that the Manta Diver AR has some attack potential. I have a plastics combo that I made, I think it has great smash, but it also can run along the lines of defense.
AR: Manta Diver
WD: Ten Balance
SG: Neo Right SG (S-MG Core)
SP: Upper Attack (Driger V2)
With this combo, and just Manta Diver in general, it has some potential smash to it, and the SP adds to it, along with the thickness of the SP, also contributing to defense.
(May. 27, 2011  6:43 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Personally I think that the Manta Diver AR has some attack potential. I have a plastics combo that I made, I think it has great smash, but it also can run along the lines of defense.
AR: Manta Diver
WD: Ten Balance
SG: Neo Right SG (S-MG Core)
SP: Upper Attack (Driger V2)
With this combo, and just Manta Diver in general, it has some potential smash to it, and the SP adds to it, along with the thickness of the SP, also contributing to defense.

i never knew what nata was used for but its realy hard to get
Well I'm not sure either, but it seems to have some smash. I have it, but since I don't have a viable stadium to test in, and I'm not very good at telling this kind of stuff, I could be wrong. I'd send it to you to test, but I kinda can't lol.
(May. 28, 2011  10:13 AM)poseidon Wrote: to bad im selling one of the onlyviable staduims to test in lol
If I had the cash I'd buy it considering I'm now more interested in plastics than MFB. lol
No offence dude, but you kinda need to do a little work on your typing or English, it's sometimes hard to understand what you're saying.

You may want to specify if you're referring to V, G, or the S-F series one. If it's the last, it's safer to specify, because it's such an uncommon bey.

If you are referring to the original, I wouldn't really know (as plastic play predates beywiki), but given it's rarity, I'd be surprised if it was really well tested.
i agree i type quickly ill try abit slower
I said gaia dragoon s i own three (two purple one yellow) l'm hoping that my proposal of more legit staduims will be aproved and ill test
Ahh, read it like you'd missed an apostrophe or something Tongue_out My bad.

Personally, I expect it'll be kind of awkward, like Gaia Dragoon V, especially with the similarly awkward weight distribution. I see it as having a fair amount of recoil, too... But yeah, that's just a visual appraisal, and we all know how useless that is.

Capitalise, use correct punctuation (apostrophes etc), that's where I have trouble with your posts, hah Tongue_out
(Jun. 19, 2011  8:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: Ahh, read it like you'd missed an apostrophe or something Tongue_out My bad.

Personally, I expect it'll be kind of awkward, like Gaia Dragoon V, especially with the similarly awkward weight distribution. I see it as having a fair amount of recoil, too... But yeah, that's just a visual appraisal, and we all know how useless that is.

Capitalise, use correct punctuation (apostrophes etc), that's where I have trouble with your posts, hah Tongue_out

There is this beyblade the exposed part of the AR is free spining and the middle isn't . Its small and orange i think that has potential
Griffolyon is illegal. Upper Attack SP aren't fantastic. Okay in awk. smash combos.
If/When we have a plastic tourney, I know I won't be the only one asking that the committee unban the group of part griffolyon belongs to. It's an AR like any other, and there is 0 reason to ban it.
Hidden Spirits aren't really ban worthy but I get that they're 'different'. Except Hayate's AR which is like Whale Crusher but more insane. It's a ridiculous part.
I've always found mine rather awkward, or is that what you mean? As for me, I understand the ban on bases/weight rings, but the AR's are normal. It's rather odd.
as i know..hayate's ar have high recoil that might K.O. others easily..something like that isnt it?
(Jun. 21, 2011  2:27 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: as i know..hayate's ar have high recoil that might K.O. others easily..something like that isnt it?

its good in OHKO combos thats the officail term
Of course, if it doesn't win in the first few seconds, it's screwed. I'm not a fan, but eh.

Still, Griffolyon's Cross Griffon is great, and shouldn't be banned.
Yes, I agree with that. It's pretty good IIRC, and why is it banned again? Because it's one of those Hidden Spirits beys?
Yes. Which is retarded.

Like, making rup123 a committee member retarded. Well, maybe not that bad. More pointless than anything, but yeah, it's pretty stupid.
so now what plastics are played by about what a dozen of us, with a large enough collection to care i mean we should put plastics back in play aswell if we can make a campain. Then can we really considering unbanning/banning anything
We should consider it now, if the committee would listen, instead of classing it as "irrelevant" Unhappy

That said, there was some word of a revival at some point, but it'd be very hard to get off the ground because most of us are too far apart to host a tourney.

No disrespect to the committee, it's just a favourite part of mine (even if mine is fake, I'm getting a real one soon, and mines Identical to a TT one), and I'd like to see it treated fairly, instead of dismissed because the parts it happens to come with are different.
I just don't think it's a difficult decision, and it should only take a minute to change, honestly. It's identical in every way to other AR's, and if they'd been released elsewhere (I think salmalyon's AR was, even, but was also released as a hidden spirit), then they would be legal. Just because htey came with that silly base and WD, we're banning them too... It's nonsensical IMO.

Again, no disrespect guys, I know you put a lot of hard work into running this place, and have your own lives, but it really is simple.
Yes and that's the problem.
There are PLENTY of us willing to revive plastics.
But we're so far spread apart, there is no reason to do it.
Like if th!nk or poseidon held a tourney, I for one couldn't come because I'm in the USA. We're countries apart lol. I just wish that someone could like convince people to start buying plastics everywhere Tongue_out but then again that wouldn't work out, because they're no longer in production and we would eventually run out of them.