[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jul. 13, 2012  8:23 PM)Kenshin Wrote: I may be able to offer a solution to your problem but I would need to know if the attack ring is on a 4 layer blade base or is it attached to a spin gear.

I believe it is a 4 layer base, because it's just bistool I didn't change any parts on it
Just remove the bit chip and unscrew the base screw?
(Jul. 13, 2012  8:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just remove the bit chip and unscrew the base screw?
Any screwdriver can work? Sorry I'm fairly new to plastics xD, thanks I'm going to go try that ^^

EDIT: Thanks guys ! It worked my bistools AR is off ! Grin
The same problem happened to me where it was free spinning and I couldn't get it off. I had to pry off the bit chip, unscrew the screw, then I had to glue it back to it's original position and then screw it back in, although the base is now illegal and I had to use a very special glue.
(Jul. 14, 2012  4:59 AM)AnimefanX Wrote: th!nk what is Y!JA?:\

Yahoo Japan Auctions.

It's just a Yahoo-Based Japanese eBay, but it's handy for bladers because it usually sells a lot of beyblade stuff (Some HMS and plastic stuff too!-well, not much anymore...) that is either rare or cheap, or sometimes both.

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

If you can't read japanese, it's helpful to have a translater handy. I use google chrome because it automatically translates the page for me Eee
(Jul. 13, 2012  10:10 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: The same problem happened to me where it was free spinning and I couldn't get it off. I had to pry off the bit chip, unscrew the screw, then I had to glue it back to it's original position and then screw it back in, although the base is now illegal and I had to use a very special glue.

Aww. Nobody took my advise. Crying
That's because the question was already answered, and no one wants to have an illegal beyblade that barely works and is thrown off balance in battle by unremovable gorilla glue...sorry.

Yo, if I'm making a Zombie with BK's Double Bearing tip, would it make any difference to use Customize Grip Base (DGV2) over Customize Bearing Base (BK)?
It'd make it lose to wolborg 4 combos a lot more instead of consistently winning, as well as add scraping issues and slightly worse stability.

I use wolborg 2's base for it myself.
The only reason I don't want to use my Wolborg base is that I want to include SP into the combo (I have Cross Survivor), so I figured those are my two options. Although I'm probably wrong on this, but doesn't Wolborg 2 have a similar base to WB 1? What's the difference between the two (Besides the rubber tip Vs. Round tip)?
(Jul. 13, 2012  7:16 PM)Zancrow Wrote: Which Defense and Stamina combos would you say are the most Competitively viable?
Postin again.
Well, the most viable ones involve this setup:
AR: Tiger Defenser/War Lion(former preferred)
WD: Wide Defense/10 Heavy
BB: For defense: Draciel S/F/MBD base, Wolborg 2/4's base.
For stamina(the tips): Burning Kerberous/Wolborg 1/MDBS tips in Dragoon V2's or Burning Kerberous' or Wolborg 2's base

I might have missed out on some parts but most combos involve these paired with either HMC/SPs like Cross Survival/Defense Ring
(Jul. 14, 2012  5:03 PM)Sparta Wrote: The only reason I don't want to use my Wolborg base is that I want to include SP into the combo (I have Cross Survivor), so I figured those are my two options. Although I'm probably wrong on this, but doesn't Wolborg 2 have a similar base to WB 1? What's the difference between the two (Besides the rubber tip Vs. Round tip)?

The tip is part of the spin gear, and both of them have very different spin gears structurally, including the casings, despite what beywiki says or used to say (not sure if I got that fixed or not).

WB1's base is a horrible little thing, while WB2's base has the second best life after death of any plastic, falling short of Spiral Change Base.

Also, Cross Survivor's LAD isn't super-great, definitely not worth using over WB2 base, (Defense Ring is the best LAD SP I have used, and falls short of WB2, and the only SP I haven't used is Blizzard Orthrus'), I'd definitely use wolborg 2's base if you have it.

@Zancrow: Each type has a massive range of good and great parts in plastics, so it's very hard to say. In terms of defense, AR: Tiger Defenser, WD: Wide Defense/10 Balance, EG/BB: Wolborg 4's stuff will take anything low, but to really stand up to smash you need a proper defensive zombie (I discussed them on my blog ages back, should be a decent parts list there). For stamina, a Zombie with Burning Kerberous' SG/Tip would be the most viable thing, Metal Dranzer's AR will work very well (second best AR I've used) and isn't too hard to find or expensive (unlike Takara's Twin Horn, which is the best I've used), and a wide survivor weight disk, preferrably wolborg 2's base or burning kerberous' base with defense ring (voltaic ape).

Sorry if this isn't clear, I'm a little tired.
I only have WB 1's Crying

Somehow, I got a combo from my friend that had the wolborg 2 AR, but the wolborg 1 BB...I think he still has the BB so I might try and trade for it when I get a chance. Otherwise, what should I use for now then?
(Jul. 14, 2012  6:47 PM)Sparta Wrote: I only have WB 1's Crying

Somehow, I got a combo from my friend that had the wolborg 2 AR, but the wolborg 1 BB...I think he still has the BB so I might try and trade for it when I get a chance. Otherwise, what should I use for now then?

That's the one on your selling thread, right?
Yeah, in that case, use Burning Kerberous' Base and Cross Survival SP, but try to get that wolborg 2 base, or at least a defense ring (voltaic ape).
Irrelevant, but yes that's the one. It's actually not a bad combo all things considered, and the bearing is nice.
Interesting... I'll pm you if I get interested to buy it with the Sea Drake.
(Jul. 14, 2012  7:18 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, in that case, use Burning Kerberous' Base and Cross Survival SP, but try to get that wolborg 2 base, or at least a defense ring (voltaic ape).
Didn't see this before (?). But yeah he doesn't use it so I can probably get it, but I can't find any vortex apes anywhere - at least, for a decent price. Been looking forever.
(Jul. 14, 2012  7:21 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: Interesting... I'll pm you if I get interested to buy it with the Sea Drake.

Okay, sounds good.
They pop up every now and then, but if you have wolborg 2's base and Cross Survival you can get by (wb2 for stamina, cross survival for defensive zombies), though you'd still want to be hunting for one for other uses and some advantages over cross survival.
Wait wait wait. Wolborg 2's blade base can support SP?
I found a Vortex Ape on eBay that I'm going to watch and see if the price ever goes down. Otherwise, I'll just add it to my buying list and cross my fingers.
No. He didn't say that. He said that having Wolborg 2's base for stamina and the Cross Survivor SP is used for defensive zombies.
Oh haha okay, I was confused for a while there. That makes much more sense.

Oh, maybe you can answer this Ultra. If you were making a defense combo what AR would you use, if you had to use a Draciel one?
(Jul. 14, 2012  10:29 PM)Sparta Wrote: Oh haha okay, I was confused for a while there. That makes much more sense.

Oh, maybe you can answer this Ultra. If you were making a defense combo what AR would you use, if you had to use a Draciel one?

Usually Draciel AR's aren't too good, but if you HAD to use one, (IMO) I would use Master/Kid Draciel's AR, Smash Turtle.
I have a couple of questions.
1. Which is worth more, Blue Metal Dranzer OR Light Purple/Pink Metal Dranzer?
2. Does Rock Bison have a jumping gymmic? I was wondering because his CEW looks like Cyber Dragoon's base, and also, does it jump affectively (I know he is outclassed, but I love gymmics)?
(Jul. 14, 2012  10:49 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: 2. Does Rock Bison have a jumping gymmic? I was wondering because his CEW looks like Cyber Dragoon's base, and also, does it jump affectively (I know he is outclassed, but I love gymmics)?

Rock Bison does not have a jumping gimmick, it's CEW is more of a defense thingy haha, on another note I might an earthquake arena (hasbro stadium), galman, auto change balancer, catapult grip, gold wolborg, dragoon v, dragoon v2, gaia dragoon g for 30-40 dollars, good deal?