[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

It wont be launched XD. And it wont be legal either.
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:28 AM)N0body Wrote: It wont be launched XD. And it wont be legal either.
but it really gets launchedEee
but what if i put the left Engine Gear to any right spin beyblade and spin the beybladewith the right spin launcher,, even then will it be considered illegal???
If you use the right EG with Right spin launcher, it is legal. If you use a left EG with right spin launcher its illegal. If you use a Right EG with left spin launcher it is illegal.
Last I checked, there was one legal method to launch a right spin bey in left, by using the roller defenser mod setup (it's detailed in the article). However, it's not only rather ineffective (the AR itself sucks), but it was also going to be banned at one point, and to be honest, should be, unless we plan on loosening a few other rulings based on the rules around that era (which would be sweet). From what I could tell, it only didn't get into the rulebooks because it was forgotten/overlooked/given the "who would even use it anyway" treatment.

But yeah, you generally cannot launch a spin gear of one direction with a launcher of another direction. There's

(Mar. 28, 2012  8:13 AM)N0body Wrote: http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff49...Launchers/

More pics are up.
BTW I am unable to launch from the Bey Grip Shooter with enough RPM and with whatever the yellow thing is because the bey sticks to the prongs instead of getting launched. The yellow thing also has a place to store bit-chips on top.

Ask Jan about the Bey Grip Shooter launching technique, should be the same as his Engine Gear launcher, but I don't really know much...

As for the yellow one, yeah that's the power shooter (product #29), probably the launcher I'm most curious about, but I have absolutely zero idea how it works. You could try swapping the prongs with those of another launcher to see if that helps? Does it feel stronger than a normal launcher at all?
@N0body- Get it to the tourney, and we shall try to figure out some way to use that Bey Grip Shooter for stronger launches. Eee

As th!nk said, it certainly may be similar to my launcher, but it might also be WAY different.
But well, these automated 'button' launchers actually never launch really well. A Ripcord launcher shall always launch more powerfully than these, and hence you ma' never feel like it is launching strong. The strongest launch mine achieves now (I dunno why it actually got better spins before, when I actually posted a review somewhere) is actually not even 50% the power attained by ripcord launches(and you know how suck-ish my launches are, that my Hell actually lost by OS against a Rock attack combo).

All in all, it may be classified as a useless novelty item, which may not matter more than for a fun game where you want to experiment with it. Definitely not Competitive material, as the launch power is disappointing, and I am sure that while launching with that launcher, you may actually feel a lot of recoil, just like you may feel while using MFB's LL2; unless yours is a bit different as compared to my EG one. Smile

All in all, it would just be a fun thing to play around with (unless your fingers don't hurt. When using mine, the recoil is immense, and the fingers turn red quite soon), unless we actually figure out some technique to launch better.
Actually, we won't be able to do much, as there's hardly anything you can experiment with, in such launchers, but well, lets try! Grin

EDIT- I hope that we are talking about that Blue Launcher over there... Confused
I have another question: What is the Bey Battle Analyzer, and what does it do?
Not too sure but it doesn't do anything remotely useful.
(Mar. 28, 2012  8:13 AM)N0body Wrote: http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff49...Launchers/

More pics are up.
BTW I am unable to launch from the Bey Grip Shooter with enough RPM and with whatever the yellow thing is because the bey sticks to the prongs instead of getting launched. The yellow thing also has a place to store bit-chips on top.

Thanks so much for these. They will be helpful for the article on shooter, launchers and grips. I hadn't realised that was the way the yellow one works. It looks really awkward to use.
If you need more of them, from various angles, I can do that too because these days I am workless and just make random Plastic combos all day.
Jsb.. Yeah its better if we work out on it during the tourney.. just that you must come early for it.
(Mar. 28, 2012  6:02 PM)Ultra Wrote: Not too sure but it doesn't do anything remotely useful.

More pics are up.

Thanks so much for these. They will be helpful for the article on shooter, launchers and grips. I hadn't realised that was the way the yellow one works. It looks really awkward to use.

@ Ultra: It's alright, you don't need to answer that question.

can bitchips from like the 4 layer system be used in the engine gear system? Cause i found a bit chip i wanna use and it be cool if i could...
Yes they should fit.
(Mar. 28, 2012  6:47 PM)Ultra Wrote: There's a pic here if you want it:

http://plamoya.com/en/beyblade-a049-blue...cPath=1015

I've already seen pictures of the Bey Battle Analyzer. I wanted to know if they functioned similarly to a Beypointer.

(Mar. 28, 2012  8:13 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yes they should fit.

thanks i plan on using a polta chip (so adorable...)
My list of my top five favorite plastics-
1. Dragoon V2
2. Zeus
3. Dranzer V/V2
4. Rapid Eagle
5. Driger V

OK, so considering that I'll be getting all of these (sans Zeus) soon, I can't wait to complete my collection by actually going for a Zeus.
I might sound greedy, as beggars can't be choosers after all. But well...
What shall be price of a Zeus, in a preferably good(i.e. Mint or near-Mint) condition?
Too costly, or something that can be acquired easily, if found.
Well I sold my near mint takara one with decentish stickers for £20 + shipping which is probably quite cheap by todays standards.
Oh, I expected a $80+ price, but its seemingly way cheaper in comparison, haha!
Thanks Ultra.
Amanda has a used one I believe. I got mine for 95 USD because really had to persuade ben to sell me his mint one.
Even for one that's not NIB? Anyway like I said that price is probably quite cheap. Mine was just that cheap though because I got it for around that price NIB(yes I was very lucky with that). For the record I think $95 is a rediculous price.
I don't really mind. I've been looking for a Zeus forever.
Just in case you didn't get it all of my message apart from the last bit was to Jan.
(Mar. 30, 2012  4:05 PM)Ultra Wrote: Even for one that's not NIB? Anyway like I said that price is probably quite cheap. Mine was just that cheap though because I got it for around that price NIB(yes I was very lucky with that). For the record I think $95 is a rediculous price.

Yes, I expected Zeus to be priced over 80, even if not NIB.
Nice to know that there are people like you who sell things like these for cheap. Smile
But, what is the general cost of Zeus though? Is it what you said, or something else?
Well i'm quite a nice seller and I got mine very cheaply(i had a hasbro and takara one). If i'd got them for more then I would have sold them for more. Zain got a NIB one recently so i'd ask him how much he paid.
One of Zain's purchases was a joke bid, as he described it...
But the other one was a serious one, and probably cost him a lot. IIRC, it was more than $120...
So, if I get a used/near-mint Zeus instead of NIB, how much shall the price differ?
Would it be around the price you sold it for?
Hey guys I've been playing around with my Orca Diver AR and I have some question. Is it suppose to be good. Does it have any uses on attack or OHKO combos.