[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

It has most of the things i need and like. Moreover there are also many(3-5) grips and launchers which come with it along with a carrier so it was worth the amount i paid... For me at least it was. Still need to get wide defense and wolborg 4. Around half of these will be sold for less than $10 at the tourney anyway..
(Feb. 24, 2012  5:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: BB Semi Flat is overrated and laughably easy to knock out.

Come at me, bro's. Serious

WING DEFENSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Also wing defenser y r u more aggressively shaped than wing attacker what are you even doing guy jeez get with the game man the game.

At least if you put Driger S' AR on BB Semi Flat it will win against things unlike compacts using SG Semi Flat Pinching_eyes_2
which i better for smash attack g upper or 8 spiker
(Feb. 24, 2012  9:11 PM)username786 Wrote: which i better for smash attack g upper or 8 spiker

8 Spiker is better, I believe. Sharper, numerous points = better spike attack.
(Feb. 24, 2012  7:15 PM)Ultra Wrote: At least if you put Driger S' AR on BB Semi Flat it will win against things unlike compacts using SG Semi Flat Pinching_eyes_2

OOOHHHH
But yeah serious I wish I owned another Semi-Flat instread of having an SG Semi-Flat.

And Wing Defense Ring is the most OP AR.
If grinding was a viable strategy Wing Defense Ring would be king.
(Feb. 21, 2012  11:37 PM)Ultra Wrote: No. It's completely different from the bearings in a bearing core spin gear.

Let me re-phrase the question. Is Fortress Base considered a type of bearing due to it being made out of a very low friction, free spinning metal ball, but not in the sense of a bearing core for beyblade, but by the text book definition of what a bearing is in general?

Also, can anyone show pics/describe the inside of a bearing core beyblade part? I have a Wolborg Blade Base, but it seems to be missing some key components. The tip is just an incredibly thin metal cylinder that is very rattly.
For a Beyblade Base to be considered a "Bearing" Base, it would need Bearings. (NSK Shield etc.)

ES is free spinning, but it has no bearings so that doesn't really constitute a bearing related part.

Wolborg's shaft is basically a free spinning tip connected to a thin metal rod with an NSK bearing which is that small circular thing that fits in the rod and is to be placed properly in the plastic part of the shaft.

What is really sought out for in an Attack AR?
Protrusions, slope, size, weight, what?
Depends on what kind of Attack:

Upper requires slopes, and any if not all ARs capable of producing it have been documented on Beywiki. (DRANZER GTTTTTTTT)

Smash would basically require some hefty contact points (I suppose a very tiny point towards the end of the protrusion, that way the most force is applied when contact is made. Think of Trygle/look at pictures)

I think weight is less of a factor.. Size would probably be preferred as large so it has giant reach in the stadium. (Not that is always the case, obviously, but something like Dragon Breaker + War Bear SAR comes to mind)
Agian I was not asking in terms of a beyblade definition.

I may/may not have asked this before. Either way I cannot find the post. Is it nornal for ARs to be overly loose fitting sometimes? My Tiger Defenser doesnt attach to any of my other parts well, and it is beyond easily removable.
The 'real' definition would actually involve some kind of bearing as well..

Yeah, it happens I guess. I think flipping the WD or something like that would help..?
Tried that. Also used several different combinations of various BBs/SGs and other weight disks. I am limited to the 3 or 4 parts of each part type that I currently own, but still, obviously something is not right. A shame too, since it is Tiger Defenser...

Are Plastic AR's really as unique as we make them put to be? Grabted thier is more originality in plastics than in any other system, but I just compared Dranzer F's AR to Tiger Defenser, and they basicly are identical in shape, with only slight alterations between the 2.
Well considering they are vastly different in actual gameplay.. yeah? We also have like a trillion different AR's, some of which we haven't even discovered until recently.

Is it an SK Tiger Defenser?
No, Hasbro. Is that signifigant? How is SK different?

I am guessing all those minor slope and weight distribution changes add up, because if you put the 2 AR's I mentioned near eachother, you would understand why I asked such a question.
SK parts are incompatible with other parts from Hasbro and TAKARA.
AFAIK only the gold series beyblades are not properly compatible. The rest are compatible.
Really? That's a bit untrue. I had a SK Driger G for a while, before I gave it to a friend, and it was fully compatiable with other beys.

Why would SK design something that isnt compatiable withthe rest ofthe franchise anyway? That makes zero sense.

Edit: Didnt see the post above mine, although that just makes things just as wierd. Why only the golds?
The gold series has either smaller or maybe larger molds of the parts so they are not compatible with the normal parts due to the former being small/large and the latter being larger/smaller. I dont know if it is small or large exactly buy I do know for sure that they are different and not compatible.
I was fairly certain it was only the bases/SGs from the Gold Series that weren't compatible, and that the ARs worked fine.
The AR from my Gold Driger S doesn't work with spin gears other than the one that came with the bey.
So SK released the Gold Versions of Dragoon, Dranzer, Draciel and Driger S, but unlike the Takara versions of these gold beys, for some reason, none of the parts from the SK Gold beys are compatiable with any other part from Takara, Hasbro, or Sonokong. Why and how? Are the SK gold beys atleast compatiable with eachother?
(Feb. 24, 2012  7:15 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2012  5:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: BB Semi Flat is overrated and laughably easy to knock out.

Come at me, bro's. Serious

WING DEFENSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Also wing defenser y r u more aggressively shaped than wing attacker what are you even doing guy jeez get with the game man the game.

At least if you put Driger S' AR on BB Semi Flat it will win against things unlike compacts using SG Semi Flat Pinching_eyes_2

Launch harder. SG Semi Flat is kinda lame, I just use it for testing because it's consistent. My competitive compacts all use Metal Change. Still, if someone is using 10bBistool and you can launch real aggro like, you can take them out. Still, METAL CHANGE>ALL

(Feb. 24, 2012  9:11 PM)username786 Wrote: which i better for smash attack g upper or 8 spiker

Depends what base you're using/what you're after. Eight Spiker is much easier to obtain, but they're about even. G Upper is better on the lower bases where its slopes help destabilise opponents, they get roughly the same KO rates and G Upper gets extra OS's. Eight Spiker gets real nice clean KO's on Customize Grip Base, probably better there because you won't destabilize anything anyway. Either way, right spin is usually better because Grip Base/stopping power, or more aggressive left spin AR's (Dragon Breaker/War Bear, for example).

(Feb. 24, 2012  10:31 PM)JBladerMS Wrote:

8 Spiker is better, I believe. Sharper, numerous points = better spike attack.

Nope. See above.

Re: GOLD SERIES: guys I've explained before, all the parts are smaller. AR's don't fit on normal SG's often, but sometimes they do if you have a slightly smaller SG. WD's are real tight on normal SG's. Normal SG's don't fit in the bases.

Bit Chips: slip out of other beyblades, normal ones don't fit in their places.
AR's: often don't fit on normal SG's, normal AR's are often loose in their place but generally will fit.
WD's: very tight on normal SG's, and probably slightly lighter. Normal WD's fit fine, maybe a little loose.
SG shells: Fit into other bases, maybe a little loose. Normal SG's do not fit in their place (inc neo etc).
sg internals: Fit into other bases, slightly loose, normal ones can be a bit tight fit into shells, and won't fit in bases easily.
SG Rings: Slightly smaller, tight fit on normal ones, normal ones are loose/hard to close shells
Bearing (dranzer s): Slightly smaller gold metal, other bearings can be tight. Pretty decent bearing though fits on normal shafts.
Shaft (dranzer s): slightly smaller, may fall out of some normal shafts where a normal one would fit.
casings (dranzer s): too tight for normal shafts to spin freely in. Normal size casings are a tight fit into base.
balls (draciel s): Slightly smaller, gold tinted, might come out of smaller spaces but not a big deal. Normal balls fit in place generally.
Bases: Normal SG's don't fit in. Fine with gold SG's.
Tips: Driger S might come out of normal bases, draciel s's is usually misshapen, dragoon S's is great.

That should cover everything.
So, I was wondering, what would be the best combinations I could make out of my blades?

-Dragoon G
-Gaia Dragoon V
-Driger S
-Voltaic Ape
-Galman
-BBA Balancer/Red Galeon
-Flash Leopard
-Draciel S (Crystal Version w/Wide Defense)
-Wolborg (Hasbro)
-Trygle
-Draciel G
-Dragoon F
-Master Dragoon

Extra Parts:
-Wide Defense
-Right SG (Not sure if this would make a difference, haha)

I've been noodling around with AR: Triple Wing, WD: Wide Defense, SG: Neo Right MG, BB: SG Metal Flat 2 as my attack combo, and would also like to know if this is the best for attack I could make.
Yes, that is the best attack combo you can make currently, I'd try and get some neo left casings (dragoon v/v2) and a galzzly for the combo in the galzzly article and, if you get v2, you can make some other cool stuff like a zombie (though hasbro wolborg is pretty lame so ehhh).

Driger S is great as is, but I'd suggest buying a master driger, putting the HMC in neo-right casings, and putting that and 10 heavy on driger S.

Also buy wolborg 4, so cheap, and you can make Tiger Defenser/Wide Defense/Wolborg 4 base/sg etc

For defense, you can make

AR: Master Dragoon
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right (MG Core) - Get an HMC boy.
BB: SG Metal Ball (get more metal balls too).

Oh, and you can currently make

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left SG (Bearing Ver) (dragoon f+wolborg)
BB: SG Bearing Base (wolborg) as a passable zombie combo (improve it with Customize Grip Base (Dragoon v2) and defense ring (voltaic ape).

Wide Defense is the best for almost everything so most of your combos will use it.
I've been trying to get Dragoon V2. I found someone who could sell it for the price I could afford it at (albeit, no stickers, but who cares. Dragoon V2! XD) but the problem is that I don't have any money :c

As of right now, I put my other MG Core on my compact. I assume this should do until I scrape together enough money for a Metal Driger?

Also, if I get Wolborg 4, should I still get another Draciel for the extra set of metal balls since you said in terms of defense, Wolborg 4's base > SG Metal Ball?

As for the Zombie, that's what I've been using for when I want to use Zombies Tongue_out

So, with all that being answered, I assume my wishlist should be:

-Dragoon V2
-Wolborg 4
-Metal Driger
-Galzzly
-Maybe a TAKARA Wolborg (something I would personally like)

Anything else I should buy?
Now I kinda regret buying a Screw Capricorne for 11 bucks instead of Wolborg 4 for 12.30, haha.
And thanks for the combos and such!