[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Feb. 18, 2012  12:46 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: there is one on ebay for Hasbro NIB Appolon..haha..not so expensive by last time i saw..around 30-40USD..
well..its thick..i wonder if it has any use?
venus ar looks good for defence,looks less recoil..but i never tried..

Supposed to be decent for attack, like an advanced verson of Seaborg 2's AR (though, seaborg 2's ar is pretty carp sooo....)

(Feb. 18, 2012  1:46 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Mirrage goddess is used for attack IIRC.
Yo Mcfrown, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....0786192644

Don't say things if you're not sure, please, it can lead to confusion, and has in the past......
It's used for both, right spin attack, left spin weight defence/gattyaki/etc.......
Honestly everything I'm saying about plastics is sorta off the cuff :V
I haven't played in a while.

Also I think that if you wanted to be attack king you would master Full Auto Clutch in it's native base. That thing is freaking insane.
Full Auto Clutch is responsible for a lot of the broken ARs I have...
how much more powerful is left engine gear turbo in comparison to left engine gear.
(Feb. 18, 2012  5:43 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Honestly everything I'm saying about plastics is sorta off the cuff :V
I haven't played in a while.

Also I think that if you wanted to be attack king you would master Full Auto Clutch in it's native base. That thing is freaking insane.

Kinda, but Uriel 2's tip is like that in rubber, haha. Stamina < nothing can survive the ball of fire the stadium is enveloped in.
I found a master dranzer from my collections but it has a metallic blue plated weight disk. I looked at the parts of the bey and it says takara. maybe a rough value for this bey? i am planning to sell my plastic beys and just getting some ideas from you guys for the value of my beys. also, i have a mint Dragoon MS, value for this one also. thanks!
What weight disk is it? I can think of two that have been recoloured blue. Also the dragoon ms price should go in the hms counterpart to this thread.
(Feb. 18, 2012  9:39 PM)username786 Wrote: how much more powerful is left engine gear turbo in comparison to left engine gear.
2 times greater then ordinary Left Turbo?no one actually measures it..but it gives more boost to RPM and more aggressive motion to the bey equipped with it..
(Feb. 19, 2012  1:43 AM)Ultra Wrote: What weight disk is it? I can think of two that have been recoloured blue. Also the dragoon ms price should go in the hms counterpart to this thread.

ok i'll try post the picture of the master dranzer. I'll look for the price of the Dragoon MS. thanks!
Hey guys, I just wanted to share somthin myself Grin did you guys know you can fit 4 metal balls inside the base of Salamalyon? this is really great as it gives it more weight for endurance... since the base itself lacks in weight, and attacks pretty useless as it is very light... Hope that helped Smile As I want to show y'all some of my innovation Tongue_out

Cheers! Grin
Well, that might probably be helpful...
But I know not if the plastic maestros know of this already or not. Tongue_out
I just came here to say that, your post should have been in Plastics General Discussion. You see, its a bit tough to get a hang of these new threads. But yeah. Smile

Oh hey, I also had a question!
I have seen th!nk usually suggest the MG core in Defense combos (?)
Why? What is so special about the MG cores? Or do they just add slightly more weight to the bey?
i broke my left eg turbo, and havent been able to place its spring back in place, can anyone help me on how to put the spring back in place.
(Feb. 19, 2012  3:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I have seen th!nk usually suggest the MG core in Defense combos (?)

Heavier than MW core/SG Normal Version
Good alternative (only 3 grams lighter than) for those who do not own HMC.
Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger, and Draciel, versions that first appear in the show are the S versions, right?
Jaygrazer: Try Anime/Manga Questions.

(Feb. 19, 2012  1:43 AM)Ultra Wrote: What weight disk is it? I can think of two that have been recoloured blue. Also the dragoon ms price should go in the hms counterpart to this thread.

There are at least 3 :c (Wide Attack, 8 Wide (both plated and painted blue), and 8 Heavy (the blue version comes in a weight disk pack from somewhere or other, with Wide Survivor and Wide Defense).

(Feb. 19, 2012  10:04 AM)john-flip-pride Wrote: Hey guys, I just wanted to share somthin myself Grin did you guys know you can fit 4 metal balls inside the base of Salamalyon? this is really great as it gives it more weight for endurance... since the base itself lacks in weight, and attacks pretty useless as it is very light... Hope that helped Smile As I want to show y'all some of my innovation Tongue_out

Cheers! Grin

Sadly, salamalyon base isn't currently legal. A few 4-layer bases can fit them though. That might be enough to get me to purchase one when I get the chance though Smile

(Feb. 19, 2012  3:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Oh hey, I also had a question!
I have seen th!nk usually suggest the MG core in Defense combos (?)
Why? What is so special about the MG cores? Or do they just add slightly more weight to the bey?

Oh, yeah, it's just cos whoever it is doesn't have an HMC, as Mc Frown said. Second heaviest.

Weights of standard SG's, lightest to heaviest. Assuming all parts, including any possible EG Rings are used (because there's a space for it, you have to use it).

Neo Casings+Normal SG Core
Neo Casings + Normal Core (all plastic core from Dragoon V2)
Normal Casings+Normal SG Core
Neo Casings+ MW Core (And, despite what beywiki says, this is NOT the closest weight to the original Left/Right SG, the Normal Core is about twice as close. How do you make that mistake i dont even know)
Neo Casings +MG Core
Neo Casings +HMC

Copy that down into notes somewhere for later. Honestly, I have a document for reference posts and things like this. Different ones for different things (working on plastic article formatting cheat sheet as I do them). It helps a lot.

I'll get the exact weights to more than 1g (what a sensible scale that isn't) once I can afford my own calibration weight to keep my scale in check (gonna do it, do it right first time so no one has to clean up after you. *cough*)

(Feb. 19, 2012  5:05 PM)username786 Wrote: i broke my left eg turbo, and havent been able to place its spring back in place, can anyone help me on how to put the spring back in place.

It's very difficult to do without some nice, small long nosed pliers. I think Benjohadi may have written a guide on it, I think, so he will hopefully post the link as I haven't copied it down and couldn't find it.
does zeus' ar have any smash attack capability.
(Feb. 19, 2012  5:45 PM)Jaygrazer Wrote: Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger, and Draciel, versions that first appear in the show are the S versions, right?

No. iirc it was:
Grip Attacker
Driger S (Death Driger if you want to be really technical)
Dranzer I forget, but I feel like F is first?
Draciel Metal Ball Defenser

wrong thread oh well
(Feb. 19, 2012  8:12 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2012  5:05 PM)username786 Wrote: i broke my left eg turbo, and havent been able to place its spring back in place, can anyone help me on how to put the spring back in place.

It's very difficult to do without some nice, small long nosed pliers. I think Benjohadi may have written a guide on it, I think, so he will hopefully post the link as I haven't copied it down and couldn't find it.
here th!nk..
EG Clutch Base
Engine Gear
(Feb. 19, 2012  8:59 PM)username786 Wrote: does zeus' ar have any smash attack capability.
There we go, much better Smile
If you fix the SAR (Screw Zeus) in place, it has top-tier worthy smash attack, great range and only moderate recoil, in either spin direction. In left spin, gaia dragoon (s/f series) Great Dragon AR works (has fragility trouble in right), and in right spin, white gabriel g's Twin Horn (Hasbro Version) AR. It's a little recoily, but it's not hard to handle, honestly.

A couple of others can fix them in place, but those two are the most reliable.
Thanks a lot for the answer, th!nk and McFrown. Smile
Also th!nk, do you mean to say that Twin Horn has nice Attack in Right Spin?
Wow, I never expected that; and only thought it was decent for Stamina purposes...
Nah, it's definitely not a Smash AR, given it is supposed to have breakage issues in right spin (I don't see how but yeah). Much like flash leopard's AR, it's more aggressive than tiger defenser, but tiger defenser is one of the most passive AR's out, so it's really not much.

The hasbro version, you can use it to lock Screw Zeus (Zeus's SAR) in place, which is definitely a good smash setup, but twin horn does very little.
So all in all, Twin Horn is used just for the sake of locking Screw Zeus in place?
Wow! This is fascinating! Its for the first time that I heard that an SAR does more than the AR itself!

And by the way, Twin Horn might be considered as a fragile part probably because it is SO thin! It seems to be as thin as Dragoon F's SAR... That's just what I think, though...

P.S. That avatar.... Move it away!
A Dragoon V2 fan(atic) is feeling jealous! Angry
The best Smash you'll get from Dragon Breaker+War Bear SAR comes from War Bear SAR.

Perhaps, but the Takara version is the one known for breakage, and while it is quite thin, it's a little thicker than the Hasbro version, and the takara one is the one known for breakage (though yes I can see the hasbro one having issues, but only if it's making contact hard in right spin etc.
Really? There are more SAR-dependent Attackers?!
Plastics suddenly seems to get more interesting! Grin
And yes, I own the Hasbro version of Twin Horn, which is why I call it extremely thin...
They're not particularly common, those are the two main ones, but they're some of the best AR setups out there sooo.