[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Oct. 21, 2015  7:17 PM)username786 Wrote: how do you use/apply the grease in draciel f spin gear, i don't have the instructions.

I doubt it really would matter; since the part isn't very good at all to begin with.
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:43 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:17 PM)username786 Wrote: how do you use/apply the grease in draciel f spin gear, i don't have the instructions.

I doubt it really would matter; since the part isn't very good at all to begin with.

It does matter because that is what makes the part work.... For the Takara version I think it needs to be applied.
Ultra and Neo own this thread now, Sorry OP.

1. Do Magnecore WD's have ANY use at all?

2. So there is Great Tiger (Guardian Driger) and War Lion (Galeon ), Driger S AR is NOT another one if those with a different name?

3. What classifies something as a V2/GT series ? I have seen some people classify Gigars/Flame Pegasus as a GT series beyblade , but that seems weird.
(Oct. 22, 2015  3:12 AM)Zed EX Wrote: Ultra and Neo own this thread now, Sorry OP.

1. Do Magnecore WD's have ANY use at all?

2. So there is Great Tiger (Guardian Driger) and War Lion (Galeon ), Driger S AR is NOT another one if those with a different name?

3. What classifies something as a V2/GT series ? I have seen some people classify Gigars/Flame Pegasus as a GT series beyblade , but that seems weird.

1. The magnecore WDs suck and serve no use other than like, in the magnet stadium haha

2. Those are just the specific names of the AR. The driger S AR also has a specific name under "Tiger Defenser"

3. Things are classified as V2/GT if it's in the name. Flame Peagasus/Gigars are probably referred to that because they are released as late Engine Gear System blades, a long with Dranzer GT and Dragoon GT.
1. Poor little guys, nobody likes the magnetic stadiums xD

2. No, I mean is the actual AR Tiger Defenser just War Lion/Great Tiger with another name? They look similar but I cant tell.

3. Wow, ok.
(Oct. 22, 2015  3:39 AM)Zed EX Wrote: 1. Poor little guys, nobody likes the magnetic stadiums xD

2. No, I mean is the actual AR Tiger Defenser just War Lion/Great Tiger with another name? They look similar but I cant tell.

3. Wow, ok.

Oh, not really no. Tiger Defenser is a one piece AR, while the other two have Sub ARs.
I dunno, I found MagneWD to be useful on Bistool.
Magne WD is pretty good. There was a draft for it years ago that seems to have languished: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Magnetic-Weight-Disk
I almost forgot!

No way I'm gonna be able to get Wide Defence anytime soon, 10 Wide is the next best thing?
(Oct. 22, 2015  4:02 AM)Zed EX Wrote: I almost forgot!

No way I'm gonna be able to get Wide Defence anytime soon, 10 Wide is the next best thing?

definitely.
10 wide is like, budget WD.
Will it help if I use a magnecore along with a magne WD? I don't know what will happen. Will they attract or repel each other? I've got spare magnecores and a magne WD from my Dragoon V2.
Anyone got info on the bearing gyros magical Beyblades?

Before you jump on me about "BEYWIKI IS YOUR FRIEND", there is no beywiki article, I cannot find then on eBay or amazon. I only found 1 picture of 1 of them NIB.
Used to be revered as the best AR for zombies. Then th!nk tested it and found it was definitely not haha. It's like tier 2 for zombies I think. It's hard to find usually (although I know one was on YJA recently) but they're really only for collection and playing around with.
(Oct. 22, 2015  4:44 AM)xVaretyr Wrote: Will it help if I use a magnecore along with a magne WD? I don't know what will happen. Will they attract or repel each other? I've got spare magnecores and a magne WD from my Dragoon V2.

While attraction/repulsion between the two does exist, it has no effect other than to increase the burst rate of overly loose parts. The magnecore affects the centre of the beyblade while the magneweight affects the sides, meaning that the two don't interact all that much.
The orientation of the weight will alter how the bey responds to being offbalanced within a magnetic stadium and the weight will cause minor attraction/repulsion between beys if both use it but, otherwise, it has no real noticable effect on motion. Certainly not the level of effect seen from the magnacore, which in turn does not effect bey interaction or balance all too much.

As for the bearing Gyros, this is all I've been able to find apart from the fact that each one came with a super OP weight disk that is banned from tournament play and isn't hard to find fakes of on google images.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPto3dwJ37Y
I wish someone would make some beywiki articles for them *wink* Ultra *wink* .

Last one that appeared to be sold on a western website was by McFrown, and people were amazed it was only $45 when beywiki says it's only worth $40.
The beywiki price list is totally outdated. Almost all of the prices are incorrect.

As for the V2 series, their new "gimmick" was the introduction of bases with support parts.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...cial_Parts
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:09 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: The beywiki price list is totally outdated. Almost all of the prices are incorrect.

It could be argued that maintaining a price list is probably a losing battle, anyway. lol
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:09 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: The beywiki price list is totally outdated. Almost all of the prices are incorrect.

It could be argued that maintaining a price list is probably a losing battle, anyway. lol

Maybe prices should just be listed on Wikia articles, since the price list fails to ever be updated consistently.
Ie: A chart with brand and price usually paid for condition being new, used, or mint
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:39 PM)Neo Wrote:

Maybe prices should just be listed on Wikia articles, since the price list fails to ever be updated consistently.
Ie: A chart with brand and price usually paid for condition being new, used, or mint

Aren't you proposing to update prices in every single article as opposed to only one article ? That would be a lot worse hah.

I actually agree with Brad. The market is so unstable that trying to make a list would probably be useless since it would have to be updated every month. Asking us in the QA threads might be more efficient.
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:46 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It could be argued that maintaining a price list is probably a losing battle, anyway. lol

I actually agree with Brad. The market is so unstable that trying to make a list would probably be useless since it would have to be updated every month. Asking us in the QA threads might be more efficient.

I don't know; a simple price wouldn't hurt.
Then again, this thread won't get much action otherwise.
How is the market unstable ? Prices and values do not change litterally every month.
(Oct. 22, 2015  6:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: How is the market unstable ? Prices and values do not change litterally every month.

It's more like the pool of sellers and buyers — buyers in particular — is so small that it's difficult to argue their individual decisions constitute a trend. Nor do the inflated prices on certain Beyblades that sit on eBay for months on end with no buyers. I just don't know that we have a reliable way of objectively stating what a Beyblade is "worth." And that doesn't even touch whether maintaining a price list is even really worth the effort involved.
Ok, every month was a little over the top. But 2-3 times per year definitely. For example MSUV had changed from 150 to 200, 250, 200 and back to 150 again since 2013 and there was practically an ongoing discussion about its value. It remained like this for a few months each time, but changed again quite quickly.

(Yeah, that one is HMS, but it might be the best example for the unstable prices of the vintage beys.)
It's basically worth what people want it for.
If Beyblade strikes up again with someone, they'll probably want to buy the ones they never got as a kid. Demand->sellers notice->inflation of the price.
GT is a good example of this. Plus competitive using, striking a chord with demand.