[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Several beys in that lot look quite fake (hard to tell without a closer look though). The worthwhile ones are these:

Griffolyon x 3
Dragoon V2
Driger S
Rock Bison (for Circle Survivor combos)
Black Gaia Dragoon (prize from a random booster, rarely seen these days)

If the yellow frostic dranzer is real then that alone is quite rare and valuable but it could just as easily be fake. How worthwhile the lot is depends on the price and what's your looking to do it with it tbh. Also there's no pics of the undersides so those could be in bad condition. I wouldn't say there's anything remarkable about the lot unless the yellow one I mentioned it real.
(Oct. 11, 2015  2:12 PM)Ultra Wrote: Several beys in that lot look quite fake (hard to tell without a closer look though). The worthwhile ones are these:

Griffolyon x 3
Dragoon V2
Driger S
Rock Bison (for Circle Survivor combos)
Black Gaia Dragoon (prize from a random booster, rarely seen these days)

If the yellow frostic dranzer is real then that alone is quite rare and valuable but it could just as easily be fake. How worthwhile the lot is depends on the price and what's your looking to do it with it tbh. Also there's no pics of the undersides so those could be in bad condition. I wouldn't say there's anything remarkable about the lot unless the yellow one I mentioned it real.

I´d say the same plus the parts look pretty mixed up, so it´s hard to tell whether the real beys are even complete or not. Better be careful with that lot.
Thanks Ultra and Stoney, I researched the beys you've stated so I'll know what they look like. I'll definitely just keep them for collection purposes (and I get a really cheap deal for them). The seller also has original MFB beys for sale, and he said that the plastic ones are legit too. I'm gonna do a meetup with him some time this week so I get to inspect these before I buy.

Thanks again guys.
(Oct. 11, 2015  5:12 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Thanks Ultra and Stoney, I researched the beys you've stated so I'll know what they look like. I'll definitely just keep them for collection purposes (and I get a really cheap deal for them). The seller also has original MFB beys for sale, and he said that the plastic ones are legit too. I'm gonna do a meetup with him some time this week so I get to inspect these before I buy.

Thanks again guys.

The seller can say what he wants but there are definitely at least two fakes in that picture.
what is this beyblade af series?
http://noppin.com/portal_ya_details/deta...b182219366
It's a series of figures of the main characters bit beasts. No beyblades in there.
Anybody else have trouble getting the screws into the hasbro Roller Defenser AR ?

I cant even get the 1 have left in its so annoying Unhappy
So there is absolutely no difference, competitively speaking, between a TT and SOK bey, starting with the G series? I just want to make sure before I buy any, they are always cheaper, but I heard they weren't as good
(Oct. 14, 2015  12:01 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: So there is absolutely no difference, competitively speaking, between a TT and SOK bey, starting with the G series? I just want to make sure before I buy any, they are always cheaper, but I heard they weren't as good

That's what I asked as well, I think the quality is still worse for SOK and from what I saw, Rock Bisons EG doesn't work that well but don't take that as info as I can't confirm that.

I think if you want the AR as the main priority then it should probably be okay.
Personally, my Sonokong Dragoon G and Draciel G were perfectly fine when I got them brand new. Their EGs worked fine, everything was compatible with my Hasbro and Takara brand Beyblades, and they seemed to be made of equal quality materials, if any of that assuages your concerns. Tongue_out
(Oct. 14, 2015  2:07 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Personally, my Sonokong Dragoon G and Draciel G were perfectly fine when I got them brand new. Their EGs worked fine, everything was compatible with my Hasbro and Takara brand Beyblades, and they seemed to be made of equal quality materials, if any of that assuages your concerns. Tongue_out

I can't say the same.
I've always had pretty awful Plastic quality; just way easier to dent on SK's cheaper plastic. I actually can slice through with a razor blade with relative ease.
And my engine gears have been iffy to say the least. My Draciel worked okay, but Dragoon definitely had a weak one. I doubt there will be much longevity.

(Oct. 14, 2015  12:01 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: So there is absolutely no difference, competitively speaking, between a TT and SOK bey, starting with the G series? I just want to make sure before I buy any, they are always cheaper, but I heard they weren't as good

This convo happens like, every month so you can go back a few pages and find everything you need to know
LOL
Thanks man. I was totally gonna buy that set this week. Now I'm not going to. I would rather just get a TT Dragoon G and grip if the SOK ones are lesser quality. Don't wanna have to buy them twice
(Oct. 14, 2015  5:55 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Thanks man. I was totally gonna buy that set this week. Now I'm not going to. I would rather just get a TT Dragoon G and grip if the SOK ones are lesser quality. Don't wanna have to buy them twice

Always get Takara is possible.
Even the grips and launchers are a bit painful to work with other manufacturers.
(Oct. 14, 2015  5:55 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Thanks man. I was totally gonna buy that set this week. Now I'm not going to. I would rather just get a TT Dragoon G and grip if the SOK ones are lesser quality. Don't wanna have to buy them twice

Good choice. SOK may seem to be of the same quality at the beginning, but on the long run it breaks easier and the stickers are peeling off much faster. Takara (or Hasbro - for some beyblades they used even better materials than Takara, but collectors usually prefer Takara, because it´s the "original" brand) is definitely a better investment.
(Oct. 14, 2015  7:25 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote:

Good choice. SOK may seem to be of the same quality at the beginning, but on the long run it breaks easier and the stickers are peeling off much faster. Takara (or Hasbro - for some beyblades they used even better materials than Takara, but collectors usually prefer Takara, because it´s the "original" brand) is definitely a better investment.

I would actually have chosen Hasbro rock Bison over Takara, but the thing is, I can't find one thats boxed, the reason I would have chosen it is to ensure that I have the best quality, since I hear Hasbro usually has the best quality.
(Oct. 14, 2015  8:21 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2015  7:25 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote:

I would actually have chosen Hasbro rock Bison over Takara, but the thing is, I can't find one thats boxed, the reason I would have chosen it is to ensure that I have the best quality, since I hear Hasbro usually has the best quality.

Yeah, if you´re looking for a really solid bey, Hasbro is definitely the best choice. I also couldn´t find a boxed one, but at least a used one in a quite decent condition on ebay Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BeyBlade-Rock-Bis...35f373b17b

It looks like the seller doesn´t ship outside Germany, but in case you´re interested, I could manage that for you.
(Oct. 14, 2015  8:39 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2015  8:21 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2015  7:25 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Good choice. SOK may seem to be of the same quality at the beginning, but on the long run it breaks easier and the stickers are peeling off much faster. Takara (or Hasbro - for some beyblades they used even better materials than Takara, but collectors usually prefer Takara, because it´s the "original" brand) is definitely a better investment.

Yeah, if you´re looking for a really solid bey, Hasbro is definitely the best choice. I also couldn´t find a boxed one, but at least a used one in a quite decent condition on ebay Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BeyBlade-Rock-Bis...35f373b17b

It looks like the seller doesn´t ship outside Germany, but in case you´re interested, I could manage that for you.

I'd take that offer but my uncle orders things for me so getting anything from other users I don't think will work unless they sell on ebay at the same time and I can only get once three or four weeks. Plus, I already ordered a Takara version.

Either way though, thanks for the offer!

TT: Original, good quality.
SOK: Cheaper plastic, some parts aren't compatible before the G series. But also the Pre-G beyblade are a lot cheaper than TT or Hasbro.
Hasbro: Made after TT, so a lot of time the molds are reinforced. A couple times they change the parts from TT, like sparkling attacker with no flint and Metal Driger with no HMC.

Also, you see those golden SK beyblade? Do not get them, they look pretty but the gold plastic is krappy patty.
Hasbro is really rare, usually.
Good luck finding V series stuff, lol
(Oct. 14, 2015  4:46 PM)Neo Wrote: Hasbro is really rare, usually.
Good luck finding V series stuff, lol

I actually find V stuff a lot, not sure if it's as much as the F or S series but it's way more available than the G series, which sucks since the EG is perhaps one of my favourite Beyblade systems period.
G was more common then V, for sure.
S&F were the most common in America.
4 layer and V are super hard to find from Hasbro, though.
Aren't the V series like, horrible? V2 is where its at.
Eh, V had some good designs. It's really like F but getting closer to V2.
I wish Flash Leopard got V2 Treatment.
S, F, G, V, V2 is this order correct?

And I just found out (Who's the noob in plastics? I am) that these letters stand for different words per bey - I find it cool. Gotta list em down if I have time..