[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Stickers aren't allowed, so the best you could do is a thin coat of nail varnish/paint. I know it sucks but really, there's not much that can be done within the constraints of professionalism.
Has there been any evidence of gold plastic beyblades (other than Gold Wolborg 03 (Uriel) and Uriel 2) suffering Gold Plastic Syndrome?
Regarding double bearing shafts and using 2 nsk shield bearings, specifically, Zeus in this case, is there a direct relationship between defense and a less free spinning shaft and an inverse relationship between stamina and defense in the context of how well a bey can freely move about its axis? For example, if I use a pair of NSK bearings that I degreased and seasoned (for those of you who remember bbdamashii's tutorial on it, and yes, I know it's illegal now), Zeus looks like it is less sturdier and gets knocked around more easily. However, when I use a brand new pair of the same type of bearings, it seems its defense is better but stamina is lesser. Finally, I obtained an even newer pair of NSK bearings and for some reason, they seem to have even less friction than my seasoned ones from more than a decade ago. What's odd is that these bearings provide better stamina than my seasoned ones, yet lesser defense than my other pair. So as far as stamina goes, it is very brand new (1 day old bearings) > new (about month old) > tuned bearings. Then, regarding defense: month old bearings > very brand new > seasoned..... That being said, is degreasing and seasoning solely for zombie purposes, and is there an inverse relationship between stamina and defense purely regarding bearing performance?
(Mar. 02, 2014  9:57 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Has there been any evidence of gold plastic beyblades (other than Gold Wolborg 03 (Uriel) and Uriel 2) suffering Gold Plastic Syndrome?

Well there's those gold Sonokong editions of Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger, and Draciel S. Those tend to break a lot. There are likely others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
(Mar. 02, 2014  9:57 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Has there been any evidence of gold plastic beyblades (other than Gold Wolborg 03 (Uriel) and Uriel 2) suffering Gold Plastic Syndrome?
None have been reported - the gold plastic used for prize beys is of a very different shade and does not seem to exhibit the same signs of bond breakdown over time. In terms of releases using very similar color, there is Capricorne Strike G, which is something I'm keen for data on - in the transformers community, it is said that Hasbro used a better formula which was much less prone to gold plastic syndrome, well before the release of Capricorne Strike G. If the formula is good enough to completely negate that, then Capricorne Strike G's Neo Cross Horn would be quite a decent part to have (though I'd personally stick with Dragon Breaker + Screw Zeus for the tremendous brute force bludgeoning power it offers - playing around with it again recently has only reminded me why I love that setup so much).

Wombat: I've not really seen much in the way of significant breakage issues with my SonoKong gold stuff, aside from some cracks that are to be expected from forcing the AR's onto spin gears wider than they are really designed to fit onto. More than likely it is a matter of perhaps poorer quality control and this size difference rather than anything due to the plastic, and I would strongly suspect the same to be seen with non-gold pre-G revolution sonokong parts.

@Kamadude: I will get back to you on this later today/tonight, I've overslept so my thoughts are a bit scattered, and I'd rather not bore you with 4-5 paragraphs of tenuously related rambling especially if I'm not 100% sure on the answer(s).
Is a NIB Dragoon GT really worth $500 these days??? (I haven´t seen it for much less though...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-JAPAN-200...4d154c0791
Hahahaha what even, I forget what the Black Dragoon GT goes for but that's probably closer to that figure.

Dragoon GT was a regular release and tbh it's not even *that* rare - pops up in auctions regularly enough. NIB not so much, but still, there are many, many rarer things that are less expensive - the dragoon name means a bit, as does looking super cool, but that's like what, $150-200 absolutely maximum, if you're ridiculously desperate? I've not checked the market lately but if it were going for anything over that I'd say hold off buying until it drops (personally I don't think it's worth more than 80 but worth and what people will pay, wellllll). They were generally an $80-120 thing back when I was paying attention, fwiw.
Oh ok, thanks Grin I´m not looking for a DGT to buy at all, I was just interestedJoyful_2
And even if it was worth that much, there´s no way that I would spend $500 for only one bey... Even if it was a NIB super rare limited tournament prize (whateverJoyful_2) Shining god MS or something.
Has anyone got an Uriel 2 that doesn't crumble to pieces/ explode at all? Or at least where to find one?

Sorry for asking too much Uriel 2- can't hold back because it's my favorite bey in plastics XGrin

EDIT: I mean "Where to find one" is not finding a gps-free uriel 2, just wondering because i've been stalking for a while but found no trace of that bey.
I know Pierce Hedgehog have never been released, but why some peoples got it (exactly like on the anime Chocked_2) and why there's absolutely no information about it on the web ? (i know, beyblade wikia have some informations but it's not very good) I know Hedgehog is very rare, and his price around 100 $
Because some people make custom (Dio, Cannon, etc.) beyblades
Hey, guys, what's the rarest version of Dragoon GT?
Hmm I´d say the black version, because it´s the only one of the three recolors that I´ve never come across so far.
edit: But the red and the blue version are also very very rare...not to mention expensive Confused
I would say the Gold Dragoon GT. Haven't seen that in a long time, and it's tournament limited.
The Black Dragoon GT is generally the most valuable, and probably the rarest. Seen 2-3 in my time, less than Gold ones. Not 100% sure on that, but the black one is more valuable (assuming it comes with the rest of that set).
There´s a gold DGT? Wow, that must be a beauty *_* But it´s not mentioned in beywiki.
It exists. This site has a lot of information on recolors - not quite all of them, I know at least a couple of gaia dragoon v and g recolors are missing, but it includes gold Dragoon GT: http://www.kcn.ne.jp/~kids/bb/bey/special-g.htm

Beywiki needs to be updated with other versions, but for me it's a relatively low priority because I'm more concerned about performance things and I know these sites are out there. Ultra was working on it before he lost his senses and got himself banned, but it was slow progress and he only got as far as the random booster recolors list. Most of the information is around if anyone wants to pick up the gauntlet in the meantime (which I'd be happy to help out with and appreciate greatly), but failing that I will get to it "eventually", though that could be quite some time.
Everyone is always talking about Circle Survivor and how good it is. Can somebody tell me what beyblade it comes with ? I need to look it up on beywiki but don't know what beyblade it comes with.
(Mar. 12, 2014  8:12 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: Everyone is always talking about Circle Survivor and how good it is. Can somebody tell me what beyblade it comes with ? I need to look it up on beywiki but don't know what beyblade it comes with.

I'm pretty sure it comes with Wolborg 4.
It's Wolborg 4's CEW Part - only compatible with the EG's of Wolborg 4 and Rock Bison/Desert Sphinxer, and the namesake of Circle Survivor Defense, for which it is the integral and most significant component.
I think that was an official name but individual naming of certain swappable parts in plastics is not always provided, so it may have just been the 'logical assumption' I made, seeing as they lacked a name.

If that doesn't help, it's the huge obnoxious bowl thing on Wolborg 4.
I had it and didn't even know it?! Wow. Thanks guys!
Are any of these beys worth anything?

-Wolborg 03 (Uriel) Black Ver
-Apollon (if so, which one [G-Revolution/ Takara]?)
-Guardian Driger
-Gaia Dragoon
-Uriel 2
-Cyber Dragoon
-Gigars
-Draciel V2
(Mar. 13, 2014  3:48 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Are any of these beys worth anything?

-Guardian Driger
-Gaia Dragoon
-Uriel 2
-Cyber Dragoon
-Gigars
-Draciel V2

Yes, they´re all worth something.Joyful_2 Especially Uriel 2 is quite expensive these days. You can check the prices here: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List
(Mar. 13, 2014  4:28 PM)Stoney2208 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2014  3:48 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Are any of these beys worth anything?

-Guardian Driger
-Gaia Dragoon
-Uriel 2
-Cyber Dragoon
-Gigars
-Draciel V2

Yes, they´re all worth something.Joyful_2 Especially Uriel 2 is quite expensive these days. You can check the prices here: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List
I meant competitive use, not prices btw Smile.
Look 'me up on beywiki and it should tell you Smile