[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Although the cases from before have been closed by now, just because I´m curious: This pic I just noticed is supposed to show the booster that blue "Dragoon S" (which has already been identified as fake by th!nk) came from. What´s your opinion about this, th!nk?

The box looks legitimate, but no way in hell did the beyblade he's talking about come in it, being an obvious fake (the blue Dragoon S comes with Storm Grip Base, like a regular Dragoon S, no parts mixing etc and definitely no non-existent blade base, of course. If you needed to prove that, I'm sure we could've found images of the real thing around the forum, too, or badgered someone to take some).
(Feb. 06, 2014  5:43 PM)stoney2208 Wrote: Although the cases from before have been closed by now, just because I´m curious: This pic I just noticed is supposed to show the booster that blue "Dragoon S" (which has already been identified as fake by th!nk) came from. What´s your opinion about this, th!nk?

By the way, what is that set called? Or is it a random booster? How much would it cost?

NOTE: I'm just asking out of curiousity.
It's a random booster called BeyBooster S. I do not know what they are worth, but they are quite old so finding an NIB one is very, very uncommon. The beys from it aren't *that* rare (though I don't see the driger that much, that could be because of how similar it is to the original), so probably not super-expensive but it's hard to tell.
So would it be possible that that Dragoon came really from that booster and so is not fake?

EDIT: Is that booster really from Takara?
EDIT 2: Nevermind, I read the posts from earlier... Thanks for your helpJoyful_2
The booster set is a genuine Takara product, but the dragoon you were discussing was a fake, not from that set Smile

(Feb. 06, 2014  6:13 PM)stoney2208 Wrote: So would it be possible that that Dragoon came really from that booster and so is not fake?

EDIT: Is that booster really from Takara?

On another note, can anyone tell me what version of Draciel S is in the photo?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/beyblade-lot-p...258948d441
(Feb. 06, 2014  10:17 PM)Turquoise Wrote: On another note, can anyone tell me what version of Draciel S is in the photo?

I want to say Phantom Force but I'm not entirely sure. the pics on Beywiki look a little darker than the eBay photo but that could just be the lighting.
(Feb. 07, 2014  3:07 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2014  10:17 PM)Turquoise Wrote: On another note, can anyone tell me what version of Draciel S is in the photo?

I want to say Phantom Force but I'm not entirely sure. the pics on Beywiki look a little darker than the eBay photo but that could just be the lighting.

I believe that Draciel F Wink. Also, I think it's the metal master version (it has a smexy green WD)
No, there is a Draciel V, but he was referring to the Draciel S. There is no Draciel F.
Really?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Draciel_F

Edit: Yeah there is a Draciel F in the image. Refer to my link if you can't distinguish them. Wink
There is a Draciel F (2 actually), but there is also a draciel S i didn't see...
My bad, I only looked at the first image Tongue_out
Guys, please learn to keep your Draciels straight.
MBD has four square points.
S Has four points.
F has eight points
V has 5 points.
V2 doesn't look like a normal Draciel.
G has 8 uneven points.
MS has 8 points, but 4 are metal.
Metal looks like Master Dranzer.
Kid/Master looks like Kid/Master Dragoon.

EDIT: Oh wait there's a second image. Yeah there is a Draciel F there. The seller has an MBD, an S, an F, a V, a G, a Kid, a Master, and an MS.
Lol, my bad, there's only one draciel F Tongue_out
That is the phantom force one, for some reason the color of the one on beywiki look much more yellow than they should be (it's actually a pale light green-yellow, whereas the pictures look closer to the phantom force Wolborg).
The yellow one on the beywiki is the clear yellow version from a booster, as opposed to the PF version, no?

I ask since I'm colour-blind and distinguishing between PF and booster re-colour sets can be a nightmare for me

Regardless, do any of those look particularly fake? The picture suggests none of them have really poor moulding as the TT hongli versions do, but I'm not absolutely certain to be honest.
(Feb. 07, 2014  2:45 PM)Turquoise Wrote: The yellow one on the beywiki is the clear yellow version from a booster, as opposed to the PF version, no?

I ask since I'm colour-blind and distinguishing between PF and booster re-colour sets can be a nightmare for me

Regardless, do any of those look particularly fake? The picture suggests none of them have really poor moulding as the TT hongli versions do, but I'm not absolutely certain to be honest.

I have one like that Phantom force Draciel S. and it's real.

I can't find price reference for this, I would like to have your opinion how much should be the following all takara?

1. Draciel S gold 1st price (NIP)
2. Draciel S silver 2nd price (NIP)
3. White Draciel S (NIP)
4. Crystal Draciel S (mint)

thanks.
The first three, I've never seen sell. The fourth, that goes anywhere from $25-$50 (it comes with the green wide defense which helps), perhaps more depending on how bad someone wants it at the time.
We're at a time where plastics interest isn't as high so prices get really volatile, so it's hard for me to estimate, especially for me (prices have never been my thing because I was lucky enough to have a lot of luck and some very helpful friends when I bought most of my collection).

I think the one on beywiki is phantom force as labelled, it's just a lighting thing or something.
(Feb. 07, 2014  9:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: The first three, I've never seen sell. The fourth, that goes anywhere from $25-$50 (it comes with the green wide defense which helps), perhaps more depending on how bad someone wants it at the time.
We're at a time where plastics interest isn't as high so prices get really volatile, so it's hard for me to estimate, especially for me (prices have never been my thing because I was lucky enough to have a lot of luck and some very helpful friends when I bought most of my collection).

I think the one on beywiki is phantom force as labelled, it's just a lighting thing or something.

Thanks Think, appreciate it.
FWIW, tourney prizes are pretty rare so they should fetch in the upper range of that same price range - if you have the full set (the white one is the 3rd place one btw, so yeah, that's the full set) you might fetch something nice but again it depends if someone is interested, especially for those tourney ones.

Anyway guys I might not be quick responding etc for the next like 30 hours or so because Winamp just deleted all of my many, huge, playlists so I'm kinda scrambling to figure out what the heck I can do haha.
Oh no!!! We need another plastics genius around here...

Welp, anyways, hopefully somebody else can answer this:

Seaborg's(the one with the rubber tip) base (attack mode) was banned then legalized, correct? Why was it legalized? Was a viable counter found or something?
(Feb. 07, 2014  9:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: FWIW, tourney prizes are pretty rare so they should fetch in the upper range of that same price range - if you have the full set (the white one is the 3rd place one btw, so yeah, that's the full set) you might fetch something nice but again it depends if someone is interested, especially for those tourney ones.

Anyway guys I might not be quick responding etc for the next like 30 hours or so because Winamp just deleted all of my many, huge, playlists so I'm kinda scrambling to figure out what the heck I can do haha.

after hearing this from you. I don't want to sell it anymore.
Here is what I have.

Third Place - White
2nd Place - Silver
1st place - gold
(Feb. 07, 2014  9:25 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Oh no!!! We need another plastics genius around here...

Welp, anyways, hopefully somebody else can answer this:

Seaborg's(the one with the rubber tip) base (attack mode) was banned then legalized, correct? Why was it legalized? Was a viable counter found or something?

While I'm no expert on Plastics, I believe Seaborg's Attack Mode was banned simply due to the fact it was not the way the part was intended to be used (like using ED130 or WA145 in MFB).
It was most likely legalized because it was not found to be gamebreaking and provided the average, not-willing-to-pay 40+ dollars for Dragoon V2 blader with an easy to get and powerful Attack base.
The official word is that it was never banned - while most of us assumed it wasn't legal, it actually didn't break any of our rules or those of Takara from that generation (which was a big part of my "this should be legal" argument). The fact that good attack bases were so expensive before it was legalized probably played a part in how quickly the decision was made, though, as HMS/Plastics Remembrance was right around the corner.

The main reason I argued for it to be "legalized" is because it's the next best thing to Uriel 2's tip, in particular having decent (good, even) recoil control (unlike Customize Grip Base) and being compatible with Left Spin Gears (Unlike Grip Base) while providing similar speeds (better than CGB (esp. because CGB Self-KO's fairly easily), probably faster than Grip Base aside from while tornado stalling, nothing is faster than a TSing Grip Base).

But yeah, plastics rules are and always have been a bit sketchy - they evolved over time, too, and Takara's rules were not very detailed (eg they did say no extra metal balls could be inserted, but they did release a version of Draciel S with four metal balls as stock, which I assume was the justification for the four metal ball SG metal ball base thing thereafter, but I'm still not sure where four-ball Metal Ball Base came from, though it has a long and storied history even in official events, if I recall correctly it was what the guy who won the original US Championship used).

For what it's worth, I managed to recover my playlists (plastics aren't the only thing I'm pretty handy with Tongue_out) so I will be around, though I'm kinda out of it today.
(Feb. 07, 2014  9:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: I think the one on beywiki is phantom force as labelled, it's just a lighting thing or something.

On the beywiki photos it says "yellow clear version," which happens to be the last draciel on the list of draciel versions. There is no picture of the PF version, unless i'm missing something.

(Feb. 07, 2014  10:35 PM)BeyderAndy Wrote: Third Place - White
2nd Place - Silver
1st place - gold

That white draciel is sexy as carp fish