[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Thanks, so it's definitely not a they're too good to be legal thing. I was worried that I was missing something awesome futzing around with a couple of them the other day
So I got a Kid Dragoon and Draciel Metal Ball Defenser at a yard sale, in perfect condition, with stickers, for $4.00.
Was it worth it?
How much are they worth?
Are any parts from them useful?

(they're Hasbro, if it makes a difference)
Very useful, Kid/Master Dragoon has solid attack ootb and DMBD has solid defense right ootb, if that's all you have take the kid dragoon ar and put in on the DMBD bb along with the 8? (I think) wide wd it comes with and you have a solid, albeit very outclassed combo. You'll win a match or two in it with a tournament which is more than can be said for a lot of combos, but you probably won't place with it.
(Aug. 25, 2013  11:21 PM)Time Wrote: Very useful, Kid/Master Dragoon has solid attack ootb and DMBD has solid defense right ootb, if that's all you have take the kid dragoon ar and put in on the DMBD bb along with the 8? (I think) wide wd it comes with and you have a solid, albeit very outclassed combo. You'll win a match or two in it with a tournament which is more than can be said for a lot of combos, but you probably won't place with it.

If it helps, I also have:

(Aug. 25, 2013  11:21 PM)Time Wrote: Very useful, Kid/Master Dragoon has solid attack ootb and DMBD has solid defense right ootb, if that's all you have take the kid dragoon ar and put in on the DMBD bb along with the 8? (I think) wide wd it comes with and you have a solid, albeit very outclassed combo. You'll win a match or two in it with a tournament which is more than can be said for a lot of combos, but you probably won't place with it.

Kid/Master dragoon aren't particularly solid for attack uncustomised, they are passable at best.
Draciel MBD is horrible uncustomized because of its Attack Ring, not to mention that Metal Ball Base isn't that great without the full complement of metal balls.
They're both solid beyblades, but not uncustomized.

And no, that's a downright horrible combination. If you're going for upper attack, Draciel MBD's Heavy would be the best choice, but even then it's a bad setup - Metal Ball Base is nowhere near aggressive enough to work for anything aggressive, and Upper Dragoon's recoil and general size will negate MBD's defensive abilities severely - that AR is only used defensively with Wide Defense and possibly Wide Survivor (with Wolborg 2's shaft, but even then it's a pretty mediocre setup), as otherwise its gaps create too much recoil, and I'm not a fan of it even with those weight disks.
Please, leave answering questions to those of us who know what we're doing. We don't need extra 'help', especially if that help means us explaining why you're wrong and giving the correct answer as well, effectively doubling the work we have to do.

Leone19
Those were good buys, though Master Dragoon isn't that easy to make a truly competitive combination out of, at least one where a more conservative AR wouldn't work better. Seeing as you should have two metal balls already from Draciel F, Draciel MBD was a great purchase.

Put Draciel F's balls in Metal Ball Base to give it the full four balls. Then, put on the Heavy WD MBD came with and Roller Defenser's Attack Ring and you have a competitive compact. Ten Heavy would be a better WD, but what you have is very serviceable.

You can also make
AR: Triple Wing (Trygle)
WD: Eight Wide
SG: Right SG
BB: Storm Grip Base
Though with the worn tip it'll struggle, there's not much else you can do.

You can also use roller defenser uncustomized or maybe swapping out the WD for eight heavy or eight balance, as a stamina combo (wider weight disks don't work well on Semi Flat Base).
Thanks for the help, th!nk and time! I really appreciate it.
I didn't know putting Draciel F's balls in MBD was legal. You learn something new every day Tongue_out

Thanks for the combos and help.
It's kinda a questionable ruling for various reasons that I won't bore you with, but it's very much common/standard practice for Metal Ball Base and SG Metal Ball Base both on the WBO and in schoolyards at the time etc, and it's so ingrained now that any call for its illegality would be pretty swiftly dismissed (which is good, because banning it wouldn't do any good for plastics in general).

Oh and yes, $4 is a fantastic price to get those beys for.
think, you misunderstand, i only knew he had those two plastics and i gave him the best combo he could create
No, I understand that, and that's cool, it's just that plastics Q&A is a bit different to the MFB threads because there are people here who check the thread religiously and really, really know what they're doing, so unless you are at that same sort of understanding, it just ends up wasting both yours and our time if you get things wrong (eg the weight disk choice and details I highlighted).
Sorry if I was a little short with you in my initial response, however, I definitely understand that you were only trying to help, it's just that as I said, things run a little bit differently around here given the tighter-knit and perhaps more dedicated nature of the plastics sub-community. No hard feelings.
So i am planning to get gaia dragoon g as my first plastic bey. Is it worth anything?
It's ok, but I'd suggest getting Driger G, which is around the same price, but has a top tier AR.
Yeah, it's Sub-AR is good if you have Hasbro's Gabriel, and the EG tip is pretty nice, but since Hasbro's Gabriel is so expensive and rare, and the tip is outclassed by non EGs, it's not exactly a bey for beginners.
(Aug. 29, 2013  1:25 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: It's ok, but I'd suggest getting Driger G, which is around the same price, but has a top tier AR.

Well i dont have any plastic-gen launchers yet......
Gaia Dragoon G Stuff: Technically the Sub AR works fine with Galeon, Galman, Galzzly and Zeus' Core ARs as well, though on the latter War Lion's is a better choice as the underside of the AR has some gaps that Dragon Saucer SAR can catch in. At the least, it works better on Galman and Galzzly's than other SAR's, though the general recoily design and somewhat centre-focussed weight distributions of both of them mean it's not a great setup (but there are many, many worse options). On War Lion compared to War Lion SAR, it's better against Smash Attack (both in being the best execution of the intention of the SAR gimmick on defensive beys and because it prevents similar-height smash attack AR's catching between the core AR and WD which will usually send the defender flying) and in terms of spin stealing it has its usual advantages and disadvantages I've covered before (I don't have a written out copy of it on hand though, sorry, so you'd have to search), however it doesn't work well for compacts.

The main AR also has use but it generally requires Zeus' SAR (Screw Zeus) to be worth using so that's not relevant to most people (and generally those who get Zeus can get Dragon Breaker/Great Dragon as well, which are generally slightly better choices).

Also, Gaia Dragoon G doesn't come with a launcher, generally, seeing as Takara only released it as a booster. Most of the G series beys were boosters - Dranzer G and Dragoon G were starters, as were the BBA Attacker/Defenser/Survivor/Balancer series, but of those only Dragoon G is available at decent prices, so if you need a right spin launcher you're better off asking sellers of used beys if they have a working launcher they can throw in with a purchase, and then getting a takara MFB Light Launcher 1 or a dragoon G for a decent length ripcord.
How do you disassemble a plastic beyblade? I just a got Driger V as my first plastic plastic literally minutes ago and I can't figure out how to disassemble it because it was used and already assembled when I got it.
You twist the AR off the SG and then take everything out.
Thanks! I can believe I did not think of trying that.

How durable is Driger V?

My Driger V came with a white launcher with giant prongs and a regular ripcord so is it a Dual shoot launcher or only right spin?
(Aug. 29, 2013  11:57 PM)nupmuk Wrote: How durable is Driger V?

Pretty durable. The AR is quite bulky and thick, so wouldn't be any breakage problems with it. The base like most bases don't break.

(Aug. 29, 2013  11:57 PM)nupmuk Wrote: My Driger V came with a white launcher with giant prongs and a regular ripcord so is it a Dual shoot launcher or only right spin?

It should be right spin only. There isn't any that can swap prongs or is dual-spin.
Wasn't there some dual spin launcher for plastics or was that HMS I was thinking about? Could Driger V be able to be battled against my MFB for fun without it breaking?

What are some of the best plastic stadiums? Magnecore or not magnecore.

Are there different Spin gear casings or are they all the same?
Sorry for all these questions I'm still learning a lot of the basics about plastic beys.
All HMS were dual spin. Plastics aren't, since there isn't a dual spin SG.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Tornado Attack is the way to go. Make sure to reinforce it, though. If you don't like me, you end up with an ugly, cracked, stadium like I have.

Yes. There are Left Casings and Right Casings, which can't use Heavy Metal Core, and Neo Left and Neo Right casings, which can hold the Metal Weight Core, MG Core, Heavy Metal Core, or whatever Dragoon V2's core is called.
Thanks that helps a lot!
How do you take the bitchip off the AR?

Sorry for double post.
Is the recoil on a Hasbro Cross Griffin significant enough to not buy it even if it was for $5?
Considering that the poles are prone to breakage (which I'm pretty sure would render the AR illegal), and that Takara's Griffolyon is generally not an expensive beyblade, it wouldn't be a good investment, nor a good price for the AR alone (the whole beyblade perhaps, assuming it is in decent condition). Honestly if you need a competitive smash attack AR Driger G isn't exactly expensive or difficult to find, and if you don't need a competitive smash attack AR there's no reason to buy Hasbro's.

As for the effect they have, I don't actually own one myself but based on everything I've seen (and I have plenty of related experience), it's severe when they get hit, and overall it makes the AR very risky against taller opponents (or most opponents really, given that while Cross Griffon does work pretty well on Defense Grip Base (attack), you have to bank pretty deep against many opponents).

nupmuk: you just remove the attack ring from the beyblade and pop it out by pushing on the underside...
If I were to get two Beys what would the best be out of:

Megaro Arm
Driger F
Trypio