[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Aug. 06, 2013  12:13 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2013  4:55 AM)jadelise Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2013  3:21 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: http://m192.photobucket.com/albumview/al...b.jpg.html : Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec
http://m192.photobucket.com/albumview/al...e.jpg.html : Gaia Dragoon
http://m192.photobucket.com/albumview/al...5.jpg.html : Bearing Gyro

Can you please help me identify prices for these beyblades? I am planning to sell them.

Thanks in advance!

So they all seem to be in bad shape so that isn't a good thing for you. They are all actually rare enough and sought out to get some interest, but damn, in that condition you will get lowballed hard.

Cyber Dragoon I think goes for like $50 or perhaps a bit more NIP depending on the seller and stuff, at least I wouldn't pay more for it.. and in that shape if you get $20 be happy.
Gaia Dragoon iirc has some niche use with the AR and I think the BB is useless, on top of that condition which won't attract collectors (unless they're into DIY stickers) prob ~$20-$30

The Gyro is the only thing you have going for you imo 'cause its rare and has a really good AR iirc. (I forget if its like dependent on which of the Gyro's, probably not) The condition seems questionable but there will definitely be enough interest around here for just a Gyro AR. Just try and get as much as you can off of it, try and make up for the other two beys.

You're going to have to take my advice with a grain of salt, what I've given you is strictly my opinion and just might be a wee out of date when it comes to prices. I know plastic selling has gotten really ridiculous, probably even worse than when I was into them. Just yeah I hope you have the Gyro AR and good luck you probably shouldn't have too hard a time? c:

Thanks for your honest opinion Sir Dan. Cyber Dragoon is not that bad n condition either is Gaia Dragoon. They only have sticker issues which I can't find anymore. Maybe because of the camera resolution (sorry, i'm using my mobile phone's cam), so I get bad appraisals for the beys. But I appreciate your honest disposition regarding my beys. Maybe I'll sell them for the mid price range of the beys since they are not that bad.
hey how much does a dragoon s or driger s go for?
(Aug. 06, 2013  1:43 AM)PJ Wrote: hey how much does a dragoon s or driger s go for?
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List
I'm looking for a Driger S too. The only NIB one available to me costs like $100... can you really get one for $20?
(Aug. 06, 2013  3:04 AM)Buu Wrote: I'm looking for a Driger S too. The only NIB one available to me costs like $100... can you really get one for $20?

If the seller knows what is reasonable, yes. Try looking around what our Members have for sale in the Selling & Trading sub-forum here.
(Aug. 06, 2013  6:35 AM)Buu Wrote: Would they have new ones? xD

You might be lucky enough to find a NIB Driger S, but you might have to turn to ebay or other sites if you want a higher chance of finding one.
You can get a NIB driger s from powerpig on eBay for $19.88 USD.
Its Sonokong and will be incompatible with Takara/Hasbro parts due to the parts being slightly smaller, not to mention I've heard Sonokong messed up the Metal Change tip. Good deal if you just want it for collection, though.
Can't because he only ships to USA.

Aside from ebay and amazon, are there any other sites I could find plastic beyblades?

(Aug. 06, 2013  6:33 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Its Sonokong and will be incompatible with Takara/Hasbro parts due to the parts being slightly smaller, not to mention I've heard Sonokong messed up the Metal Change tip. Good deal if you just want it for collection, though.

I heard about that. Would I at least be able to change the weight disk or the spin gear? And is it still a good blade on its own if I don't plan to customize it? How would an uncustomized sonokong Driger S fare against a hasbro or takara one in battle?
(Aug. 06, 2013  6:34 PM)Buu Wrote: Can't because he only ships to USA.

Aside from ebay and amazon, are there any other sites I could find plastic beyblades?

(Aug. 06, 2013  6:33 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Its Sonokong and will be incompatible with Takara/Hasbro parts due to the parts being slightly smaller, not to mention I've heard Sonokong messed up the Metal Change tip. Good deal if you just want it for collection, though.

I heard about that. Would I at least be able to change the weight disk or the spin gear? And is it still a good blade on its own if I don't plan to customize it? How would an uncustomized sonokong Driger S fare against a hasbro or takara one in battle?

A bunch of people on WBO are selling Plastics, and you're very likely to find a Driger S. I'm not sure about the WD or SG, but if Sonokong messed up the Metal Change tip then it will probably lose to the Takara and Sonokong versions.
I suck when it comes to Plastics, but can you guys tell me if there is any parts here that are real? The guy is selling it for $25.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeIm...d=beyblade
It is hard to see, but it looks like they are real.

I see two Defense Grip Bases(One of which looks to be missing it's tip, you might want to ask about it)

Defense Grip Base 2

What appears to be a SG Metal Flat Base

Whale Crusher

Whale Attacker

There seem to be a bunch of useful parts.
Oh, I see, thanks a bunch!

I've made an agreement to buy the whole lot for $20 next week, thanks!
No problem, good buy!
There do seem to appear to be a few fake parts, but for the most part, they look legitimate.

Let us know what all you get.
@Sonokong Stuff: Guys I covered the SonoKong compatibility thing pretty thoroughly, look in my sig under plastics resources for a relevant link... ShinobuXD, you really should have linked it in your post...

@Kyler_the best: You've been told before not to answer things because you don't know what you're talking about, and then I come back and see you recommending a SonoKong Driger S to someone... Seriously, stop it, you're misleading people.

Gyro AR thing: It didn't become outclassed, it was just never that good in the first place and people thought it was. It is competitive for Attack of all things but it wears down super fast so this is a really bad idea. The Gyro Beys are mainly collector's pieces, so NIB is the main place there is tangible interest.
i was thinking about getting a salamalyon and griffolyon for my collection because of the little figures that come with them. Are they really as cool as they look or will it be a waste of my money?
(Aug. 12, 2013  4:21 AM)PJ Wrote: i was thinking about getting a salamalyon and griffolyon for my collection because of the little figures that come with them. Are they really as cool as they look or will it be a waste of my money?

They look alright IMO, bit small though but the concept is nice.
(Aug. 12, 2013  4:21 AM)PJ Wrote: i was thinking about getting a salamalyon and griffolyon for my collection because of the little figures that come with them. Are they really as cool as they look or will it be a waste of my money?

Eh, they are kind of neat I suppose. When I bought them, I never really cared too much for it, but now, I sort of wish they had sold figures like them separately and made ones for Dranzer, Driger, etc.

For collection purposes, I do not see how it would be a waste of money really, so I would say go for it.
They actually did make figures for Dragoon, Driger, Dranzer, etc.(AF-04 AF-05... etc.
What is the name of the bey Ray uses in G revolution?
Also what other parts besides Jumping base make up Kenny's bey?

I'm new to plastics.
These are more anime based questions, but in G-Revolution, Ray used Driver V2, Driger G, and Driger MS.

Kenny's Beyblade Hopper was made up of:

AR: Star Shape
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Jumping Base (Sharp Tip)

This is based off of speculation if you are attempting to recreate it.
Just interested in what beys they have.
(Aug. 13, 2013  12:27 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: These are more anime based questions, but in G-Revolution, Ray used Driver V2, Driger G, and Driger MS.

Kenny actually used a range of AR's, and they didn't make star shape in the right shade of purple (and the only purple one they did make, which is a light violet, is impossible to find as it is from an early random booster). While star shape was the main one in the anime or at least the most visible one, in the Manga, various takara publications and IIRC also in some anime episodes a purple, opaque Cross Dragoon (identical to the one from Hasbro's Makendo (they may have released a translucent one like Takara's especially early in the line, but the V-Force boxed ones were opaque at the least, and judging by other releases probably also most of the original ones too) was shown as his AR. He also had his "bookworm" bit chip which I cannot find a good scan of and don't have in my bitchip collection, which is annoying, but it does exist.

I also recall him using the ball tip a lot but I forget.

Oh, and the weight disk varied depending on the season. In earlier seasons I worked it out as being eight balance or at least think I did as that is what I have on my Star Shape/Jumping Base combo that is modelled after it. G Rev would have been Ten Balance/Heavy, though, yes, and that's where star attack was seen most IIRC.

@PJ: The normal hidden spirit figures are okay in general but simpler than you'd think. IMO salamalyon's is pretty lame. The japan-only and hard-to-find-because-they-were-released-very-late-in-the-beyblade-line Bakutenryuu Zeo and Aveiron figures (recolors of each other) are my personal favourites and more complex than the earlier ones. I don't have the "Dual Frame" Dragoon/Driger/Dranzer/Draciel, though, those don't come with beyblades and are just large hidden spirit figures (I assume from the name that they're double the standard complexity). They're all kinda fragile, though, the thin poles and relative tightness of the holes they go into mean snapping is a real problem, especially if you don't trim off the excess plastic from the points they connect to the runner frame properly.
Of the beyblades themselves, IMO Griffolyon is by far the best looking, but you seem more interested in the figurines, so Zeo and Aveiron, if you can find them, are the way to go.
(Aug. 13, 2013  3:55 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2013  12:27 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: These are more anime based questions, but in G-Revolution, Ray used Driver V2, Driger G, and Driger MS.

Kenny actually used a range of AR's, and they didn't make star shape in the right shade of purple (and the only purple one they did make, which is a light violet, is impossible to find as it is from an early random booster). While star shape was the main one, in the Manga, various takara things and IIRC also in some anime episodes a purple, non-translucent Cross Dragoon (identical to the one from Makendo, maybe only some hasbro versions, I forget whether takara's was opaque or not) was shown as his AR. He also had his "bookworm" bit chip which I cannot find a good scan of and don't have in my bitchip collection, which is annoying.

I also recall him using the ball tip a lot but I forget.

I thought he was asking for the Hopper from G Revolution.

I was referencing the G-Revolution Hopper from this image:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...dUMm4rk0_3