[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Is it legal to change the tip of Special G Base (I think that's what Gaia Dragoon S's Blade Base is called) from a plastic tip to the rubber tip on Storm Grip Base?
Yea I think so, Not an actual ex. you can change burning kerberous's bearing base, with wolborg's bearing core, so it should be. Unless its part of the actual base
No, it is not legal. Tip swaps are not legal if the tip is considered part of the base, except for Uriel 2.(yes that is the correct name for anyone that didn't see th!nk's blog post)
Uriel 2's tip is only allowed to be swapped because the method for utilizing it makes it an SG part (and because it looks rather like it was intended).
.-. Darn. It would've been a great Upper Attack Blade Base with the Metal Balls.
No not really. First off, the tip doesn't stay in properly right side up, and even if it did, it would be too slow, just as it is in Storm Grip Base itself. It does fit upside down, as it does in SG Wing Base (which shares its tip and SAR), but is very hard to control and also runs out of stamina very quickly which makes the use of it for pure upper attack very questionable. Second, I've mentioned a few times now that G Special Base can only be used with SG (G Ball), Gaia Dragoon's SG Core Part - i.e. no HMC. Third, it's kinda tall. Fourth, it probably wouldn't be enough to let upper attack handle circle survivor defense, which smash attack at least stands a chance against, if it did it would only be through momentum, which is better done by smash attack.
Has any formal testing been done with Rock Bisons attack ring? I was messing around with it, and it did decently against the Tiger Defenser, Wide Defence, Wolborg IV's BB combo.
It might have just been luck, but I did battle a decent amount.
I think it has potential, but that's a baseless hypothesis.
(Jul. 01, 2013  7:53 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Has any formal testing been done with Rock Bisons attack ring? I was messing around with it, and it did decently against the Tiger Defenser, Wide Defence, Wolborg IV's BB combo.
What was the rest of the combo you used it with?
I've heard th!nk say its recoily and dumb in both spin directions before.
(Jul. 01, 2013  8:38 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2013  7:53 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Has any formal testing been done with Rock Bisons attack ring? I was messing around with it, and it did decently against the Tiger Defenser, Wide Defence, Wolborg IV's BB combo.
What was the rest of the combo you used it with?
The rest of the combo was
WD: 10 Wide (I only have one Wide Defence)
SG: Neo Right with HMC
SP: Defence Ring
BB: Customise Metal Sharp
I think this is what I had used. Also, as Shinobu said, it was recoil-y, but unfortunately I don't have a really good defence base.
I launched it first for the most part, but I have a really cruddy launcher, as my good one decided to disappear.
Again, this was all casual.
hmm, you could always do some testing with it, or if your launcher is not in the best condition, you could perhaps ask th!nk to do the testing.
It performs really poorly on anything where defense or stamina is needed due to recoil, and the same recoil means it isn't useful for attack either (though I might retest that at some point). I will give that specific mtchup a shot today to see if I can work out what is going on/whether I can reproduce it etc.

tl;dr yeah I've tried it, I've tried everything I own at least generally/for things that seem like common sense but I'm generally happy to re-try specific things on request when I have time as long as it is justified and explained to me - 'sall about collective knowledge after all. I should really write up a form or something to save time, haha.
Thanks!
But if you don't think it's good, then don't worry about it, as I was, as I previously mentioned, playing casually and using a cruddy launcher.
I noticed that when it didn't get KO'd or tossed against the walls, it did pretty well, so perhaps a good defensive base would help? And Wide Defence would probably help too.
Again, just a baseless hypothesis of mine, so feel free to disregard it.
I strongly doubt it'll work well for defense, I played around with it a lot as a compact AR as it was one of the parts I had from when I was a kid, and it was always very recoily, which its design definitely suggests. Nonetheless, I'll still give it a shot later today because I don't have too much testing on my plate at the moment, and I want to give it a shot for attack anyway (part of my "retest all the dumb recoily AR's that have good contact point exposure for attack" project) so I'll have the stuff I need out. Also because I'm still trying to confirm exactly what causes circle survivor defense to be kinda hit-and-miss survival-wise against same-spin opponents, so the particular matchup you were using is of interest to me anyway, especially now I have some time to check why things work instead of just checking whether they work. Personally, I suspect you just got lucky with not getting KO'd and then the height of the combination meant you were delivering hits to the top part of the circle survivor combo (particularly on the rebound) which messed it up (I think the reason circle survivor combos don't handle top hits well is because of the engine gear and the circle survivor gimmick - being hit in that direction adds to the EG's pull to spin that way which saps the combinations rotational energy more than normal, a tradeoff for the efficacy of the free-spinning lower part/ability against opposite spin (though there top part hits cause some destabilization which is why certain things are still able to handle it if they are stable enough to not be caught under the bowl).

I assume you were using defense ring on the Customize Metal Sharp Base (seeing as it comes with it and is the best SP for it) and wolborg 4's EG on the Circle Survivor combo, seeing as you didn't mention using rock bison's eg on it, though I'll probably end up trying it against a rock bison EG one anyway for my own purposes.

Seeing as it'll be part of todays testing I'll probably put my observations/findings into a blog post along with the other stuff I did, when it's done I'll update my signature to mention the new blogpost.

EDIT: Blog post done, in short it didn't work at all for me, too much recoil for defense/stamina, it was outspun reliably.
(Jun. 26, 2013  7:14 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Are there any good combinations that can be made from (if not good, at least the best from what I have):
Dragoon S
Dranzer F
Wyborg
Roller Defenser
Draciel F
Gazzly

I also now have: Trygle, and Master Driger. I know Trygle is pretty good from what I've heard.
AR: Triple Wing (Trygle)
WD: 8 Wide
SG: Right SG
BB: Storm Grip Base (Dragoon S)

Decent attack combo, though you'll need to launch hard to get storm grip to move fast enough.
What are the prices used for these?

Plastics:
Driger V2
Driger G
Woldborg 4
Driger S

HMS':
Wolborg MS
Samurai Changer
Sea Dragon
Death Gargoyle
Jiraiya MS
Regarding the below linked Sonokong versions of Driger S, do either/both/neither have the smaller, incompatible (w/ Takara beys) parts? That is, will I be able to use the Driger S AR from these with other Takara components in a customization?

I seem to recall the rule is Sonokong parts were smaller PRE G-Revolution...and since these are described as 'G-Revolution' does that indeed mean they (components) are the same size as Takara components? Laaawd I's hopin' so!

Those are still part of the 'pre-G-Revolution' series. Either the seller doesn't know, or it's a way of gaining customers.

So no, I would presume that they are not compatible with Hasbro/Takara Beyblades.
(Jul. 03, 2013  8:30 AM)Cannon Wrote: Those are still part of the 'pre-G-Revolution' series. Either the seller doesn't know, or it's a way of gaining customers.

So no, I would presume that they are not compatible with Hasbro/Takara Beyblades.

Thanks for the answer - I guess I'll have to entertain myself swapping gold parts for grey parts between those two. Ugh...
(Jul. 03, 2013  1:33 AM)Cryptic Wrote: What are the prices used for these?

Plastics:
Driger V2
Driger G
Woldborg 4
Driger S

HMS':
Wolborg MS
Samurai Changer
Sea Dragon
Death Gargoyle
Jiraiya MS
all question regarding price now belong to purchase consultation now i guessed..
Does anyone know where I could get a launcher that fits Driger G?
Just a regular launcher from the Plastic Generation? Probably look around in the Selling and Trading Forum.
A Sonokong one will include a launcher.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?...0898707310

If you already purchased/own Driger G without a launcher, most people could sell you one for a buck or two.

If you aren't attending a tourney, many of the plastic people on here could probably sell you one cheap.
Between Orthorus/Orthorus G and Dragon Breaker + Screw Zeus, which has more smash attack?

Also, could one use any Top Tier Smash Attack Ring in a Defense/Survival custom?