[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Never heard of that. If you post a link to the thread that would be helpful.
(May. 21, 2013  1:21 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I was reading some old threads and I read that PF Draciel S base is a gram heavier than normal. Is this true?
Never heard that rumor, but it almost certainly isn't true. An entire gram on a base that is already quite solid is something that would be visible. IIRC one of the limited edition takara draciels came with 4 metal balls in the base (IIRC a random booster prize or something?), which set the precedent for the legality of that, but other than that, never heard anything. If someone had a phantom force and regular version of a beyblade and could compare their weights (and make sure to check very carefully for any unrelated molding differences - tiger defenser for example has numerous ones that affect its weight moderately), that'd be nice, just for general data purposes.

alexbutcher1996: pretty much no hope of finding any in Perth, supply of them was terrible when they were actually being produced, let alone afterwards. If you want to get into plastics you really have to be able to buy online, and for anything other than the really common ones, be patient (and usually be even more patient unless you are loaded with cash).

Kenshin: I got both recently but haven't felt like testing them given my current disinterest, and probably won't for a while yet, seeing as they both look pretty mediocre and I'm finally getting stuff together with my band. Corona Saber was mentioned for OHKO but I'm not seeing any noteworthy contact points on it, and Penta Wing's contact points are kinda obstructed/lack reach, though it might be okay.

As for the blue GDV recolor, I saw it too, guess it was a store limited, from the box it's something like that (stores, particularly those where tourneys were held IIRC, sometimes had limited edition recolors, I think?), box probably has some details on it (it did from memory of the picture), I hadn't heard of it before, GDV recolors are very obscure as it is, and the ones I knew about didn't look really similar to the normal color scheme - I guess what I'm saying is these might have popped up before and just gone unnoticed because of the similarity. Indistinct recolors don't often get much attention anyways.

Ultra: Don't jump to conclusions about undiscussed parts, remember cross griffon (and the other hidden spirit AR's - i.e. also Zinrai/Hayate/Raiden's AR) was dismissed as trash - and that was an AR that was fairly common, unlike these two.
I know about the Gaia Dragoon recolours. There are four. All seem to have been released through something called JAS. After going through all the recolours not connected to tournaments and random boosters nearly all were released in conjunction with Japanese stores. I searched a few of these and found them. For example the black burning kerberous was released through Ito-Yokaido as were several others. The website lists the gunmetal ver (one of the four) as campaign so I think the others were too which is why the four are so rare and have only appeared a few times in the last few years.

@th!nk:
I didn't jump to any conclusions. I said might and likely since I know we're not sure.
Hm the plastic for phantom force beys is apparently stronger. That could mean he's right. Anyone have the normal and PF draciel s and a scale?
inb4 sudden influx of phantom force buying threads
Hey guys, which ARs can be used for left spin attack and aren't from dragoon? (may be not top tier and if there is a black recolour better!) I'm trying to make a not-top-tier but nice-to-see for collection (like my own evolutionary line of plastic beyblades)
(May. 23, 2013  5:01 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Hey guys, which ARs can be used for left spin attack and aren't from dragoon? (may be not top tier and if there is a black recolour better!) I'm trying to make a not-top-tier but nice-to-see for collection (like my own evolutionary line of plastic beyblades)

I hope i've understood your question correctly...all plastic ARs can be used in left or right spin.
Seaborg 2's Whale crusher is a decent non-dragoon smash attacker with OHKO properties, and Dranzer GT would be an example good upper attacker in left spin.
I'm pretty sure both Trygle and Griffolyon's AR can be used to the same effectiveness in left spin as in right.
Thanks guys!

@Seafoam: I know that all ARs can be used has left spin, but not all of them have the same effectiveness, that's why I ask : D

I will be seen them right now
(May. 23, 2013  1:21 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: @Seafoam: I know that all ARs can be used has left spin, but not all of them have the same effectiveness, that's why I ask : D

Ah okey dokey, knew I wasn't quite understanding your post correctly, my bad!

I'd also add Dragon Breaker + SAR War Bear to the mix, as well as a moderately effective Cross Dranzer.
(as a bonus, I would assume these parts should be fairly cheap)
Thanks! that helps me too!
Just wondering if someone here could tell me the names of these 4 Beyblades and also the 2 spare Beyblade bases? Thanks!

Beyblade bases: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...1dd4ac.jpg

Beyblade 1: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...beced2.jpg

Beyblade 2: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...ae47d2.jpg

Beyblade 3: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...7f4b94.jpg

Beyblade 4: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...f339ee.jpg

Quality of the Pictures isn't the best, I just took a quick picture with my iPhone. If for what ever reason you need a picture of the base of the beyblade, let me know.
Not sure about the bases, but:
Beyblade:
1. Sparkling Attacker
2. Galzzly
3. Makendo or one of those...
4. Burning Kerberous
Bases: I think the grey is Wyborg's base and the white is Seaborg's Defense Grip Base
Beyblade 1: Sparkling Attacker
Beyblade 2: Galzzly (Metal Masters Version)
Beyblade 3: Wide Defense Attack Combo (an attack beyblade that hits with its Weight Disk, AR: Cross Dragon (I think from Megaro Arm), WD: Wide Defense, BB: I don't know I can't see it, nice beyblade!)
Beyblade 4: Burning Kerberous

really nice beyblades!

EDIT: Beaten by 4 minutes!
Thank you both Smile. I was wondering if you could also tell me how much you think all of these Plastic Beyblades combined would be worth?
Beyblades:
Voltaic Ape x2
Wyborg x2
Dranzer S
Spike Lizard
Flash leopard (black version)
Knight dranzer
Metal Driger
Roller defenser
Dragoon G
Red dranzer V
Seaborg 2 (Red version)
Wolborg 2 ( Dark blue version)
Driger S
Draciel S
Sparkling Attacker
Galzzly (Metal Masters Version)
Burning Kerberous
Driger V2
Spare parts:

Cross Dragon (black)
Seaborg's Defense Grip Base (white)
Driger S AR x3
Death Gargoyle AR (green)
Magne Core gear
Spare Weight discs
Draciel V base
Over 20 bit chips
Over 15 sticker sheets of stickers for beyblades

In all honesty how much would that in total be worth?

All of the Beyblades are in playable condition.
Bases are Dranzer S (Silver) and Seaborg (White). Black bey has Wide Defense, which is the best weight disk in the generation and wasn't available from hasbro (or any regular release from any company, for that matter). Bey itself, not sure on Ultimate Dragoon recolors - particularly whether hasbro released an opaque black megaro arm or not, but it's probably that or 'Ultimate Dragoon V', which came with a magne weight disk, which is not common but not particularly valuable.

The Galzzly is the regular version (metal masters is a darker red, and noticeably metallic).

Afraid I can't give you much price info, though, not my area really.

@Earlier stuff: Not all plastic AR's can be used in both spin directions. 4 layer system AR's can't be used in left spin (but hidden spirits which use the 4 layer system combined base and spin gear design can).

(May. 23, 2013  1:17 PM)Ultra Wrote: I'm pretty sure both Trygle and Griffolyon's AR can be used to the same effectiveness in left spin as in right.
I damn well hope that's a typo.

@Izkhoort: Flash Leopard 2's AR fits what you're after, I think. Top Tier left spin smash AR.
@Seafoam: Seaborg 2's AR is honestly not worth using in left. Right spin though it has some okay upper attack, but conventional upper attack combos aren't really worth using unless you can't make a decent smash attacker (wolborg 4 kinda destroys them - as do the other main defense setups now, and storm grip, their key part, is probably harder to find (and much less useful) than customize grip base anyway).

Phantom Force Discussion: RE: PF SG MBB: part to part variation could make up a lot of that, but yes I would like to know for sure. As for PF parts taking hits better, I have VERY strong doubts that anything like that would be anywhere near enough to impact on actual performance in battle. And no, Ultra, the weight difference between the two types of plastics will not make up an extra sixth of the original base's weight.
(May. 24, 2013  6:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: Bases are Dranzer S (Silver) and Seaborg (White). Black bey has Wide Defense, which is the best weight disk in the generation and wasn't available from hasbro (or any regular release from any company, for that matter). Bey itself, not sure on Ultimate Dragoon recolors - particularly whether hasbro released an opaque black megaro arm or not, but it's probably that or 'Ultimate Dragoon V', which came with a magne weight disk, which is not common but not particularly valuable.

The Galzzly is the regular version (metal masters is a darker red, and noticeably metallic).

Afraid I can't give you much price info, though, not my area really.

Thanks! Hm, hopefully someone can help with the prices a bit. If not I'll probably just estimate what I think.
Market is horrible atm. If you want to sell it as a lot just chuck it on ebay. I'd advise to sell individually though since there are a few rares in there. Blue Wolborg 2 is quite rare.
Damn. I was thinking around $80. I got no idea if that's crazy or what. Would that sell at the moment, in your opinion?

EDIT: By itself how much would a Death Gargoyle AR be worth?
$80 is a good price (in terms of the buyer) but it could take a while for someone to buy it with the market being down at the moment. However if you sold them individually you could very easily get $130 - $150 if you're willing to wait. Would depend on the condition of the beys really.
@Th!nk: Thanks! Flash Leopard 2 was one of the coolest I found! but I wasn't sure! I will use that AR!
(May. 24, 2013  4:19 AM)Raykon Wrote: Just wondering if someone here could tell me the names of these 4 Beyblades and also the 2 spare Beyblade bases? Thanks!

Beyblade bases: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...1dd4ac.jpg

Beyblade 1: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...beced2.jpg

Beyblade 2: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...ae47d2.jpg

Beyblade 3: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...7f4b94.jpg

Beyblade 4: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...f339ee.jpg

Quality of the Pictures isn't the best, I just took a quick picture with my iPhone. If for what ever reason you need a picture of the base of the beyblade, let me know.

The white base is Defense Grip Base from Seaborg.
The other is Spiral Change Base from Dranzer SS.

Waaaay late response...

(May. 24, 2013  6:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: @Earlier stuff: Not all plastic AR's can be used in both spin directions. 4 layer system AR's can't be used in left spin (but hidden spirits which use the 4 layer system combined base and spin gear design can).

@Seafoam: Seaborg 2's AR is honestly not worth using in left. Right spin though it has some okay upper attack, but conventional upper attack combos aren't really worth using unless you can't make a decent smash attacker (wolborg 4 kinda destroys them - as do the other main defense setups now, and storm grip, their key part, is probably harder to find (and much less useful) than customize grip base anyway).

Phantom Force Discussion: RE: PF SG MBB: part to part variation could make up a lot of that, but yes I would like to know for sure. As for PF parts taking hits better, I have VERY strong doubts that anything like that would be anywhere near enough to impact on actual performance in battle. And no, Ultra, the weight difference between the two types of plastics will not make up an extra sixth of the original base's weight.

Ah thanks for the info!
Around how much more are used Phantom Force beys worth compared to the originals in used condition?
Should I buy Driger V2, Metal Dranzer, and Dranzer S from Oki for approximately $27 USD? The beys are used. Right now all I have is Dragoon G(with Right EG Metal Semi-Flat)and Knight Dranzer.