[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Feb. 18, 2013  5:50 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I'm a bit confused about shafts and other parts of a bearing SG... Beywiki talks about using different shafts on SGs. How does it all work? Do you take apart the SG and mix it with others?

And are bearing SGs and Bases in one piece or two?

I will try to answer as clearly as i can, tho someone else might explain better.
the bearing SG are mostly made of the following piece : SG, casing , shaft and bearing.

-SG's are the right or left spin gear wich is in two piece that fit together.

-the casing is the part that fin inside the SG, and is the piece in wich the SHAFT and BEARING will be inserted. it is also two piece that fit together.

-the shaft is the actual shaft , from what i know they are all in metal. the tip is attached at one end and the bearing can be inserted at the other end of the shaft.

-bearing is the actual bearing. there are some real bearing but theres alot of beys that will come with kinda cheaper bearing that are just a metal piece wth no bearing in( like in dranzer S , and one of burning Kerberous bearing) , but that can replace the bearing. those will work less efficiently ( of course ) .
Crazymetalmonke did a decent job of explaining it. I forget exactly what the naming system is, honestly, usually though SG refers to the outermost part, which determine spin direction (and whether they are neo or normal SG 'shells'), I try to use "shells" as their name for clarity as I think the only official name for them was "SG's" which also refers to the entire assmebly. These do often get called casings, but I, and beywiki, generally reserve that for the next part, which is analogous to the core of Neo SG's (as well as the plastic inner part of a regular SG, which is considered a core itself), so, core and casings are generally used for that part, which is surrounded by the SG "Shells". The shaft is exactly what it describes, usually having the tip on it (Zeus' Shaft has a CEW attachment point instead of a tip, and Ariel 2's tip is considered analogous to a shaft). Bearings are the small metal rings, there are a few different kinds, but the only worthwhile ones are the shielded ball bearings (these appear and are significantly more complex than the cheaper single-piece bearings which are basically not worth using - only a shielded ball bearing lowers friction enough to make a real difference).

It's extremely easy to figure out if you actually have the parts, as it's all very much common sense, the new beywiki plastics combo formatting (hasn't been rolled out to all articles just yet but is on many) has the parts listed on separate lines, and going downwards they go from outermost to innermost, but you barely even need that.

Lastly, regular SG's also have a metal ring inside them, which has to be used with them (not using it causes looseness due to their design, unlike if the inner part from them is used in neo casings). IIRC this is called a "Metal Weight Gear" or something, I've actually posted the name before and don't have my books on me now, so I am probably wrong here.

Oh, and the bases and sg's are separate parts, though Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger's base and SG part are officially considered one part, in future I will likely list them separately, even though the casings and bearings are the only part that is usable separately/exchangeable.

Of course, after that there's the matter of tips and what tips are/aren't considered part of the base and therefore not exchangeable, and those that are considered sg parts or something... Honestly the rule and the application of it make next to no sense, there's not much rhyme or reason to the parts takara did and didn't intend to be exchanged (though for what it's worth, all the information I can find indicates they were pretty lenient on a lot of things (though they were stricter on metal balls, only allowing the original amount, it's quite odd as 4 metal balls in Metal Ball base and SG Metal Ball Base seems to have been common even in japan, and is basically a staple customization for western bladers...)
Is it a legal combo to insert Driger's F flat tip shaft into Dranzer's S casings ? this can be put into bases like Burning Kerberous's BB to make a flat tip BB that handle SP, wich could be nice i think.
(Feb. 19, 2013  12:31 AM)CrAzyMEtALMoNkE Wrote: Is it a legal combo to insert Driger's F flat tip shaft into Dranzer's S casings ? this can be put into bases like Burning Kerberous's BB to make a flat tip BB that handle SP, wich could be nice i think.

As linked in the first post of this thread, http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastic-...bility-Doc

By the way, on a base like that, at that height, SP serve basically no purpose, and Wolborg 2's base has better LAD than anything with SP.
what height phantom fox ms has?
Izhkoort, I'm sure you're aware that Phantom Fox MS is part of the HMS series and is not a plastic beyblade. Please ask this question in the HMS Q&A topic next time.

To answer your question, Phantom Fox MS has a height of around 3.5cm
Sorry I always have this problem with this two generation of beyblades, I'll try to not make this mistake again (mostly because it's annoying for all of us)
I am not sure whether this belongs here or not, but I have a query regarding a trade-
Giving away-
Master Dranzer Hyperblade recolor(used)
Dragoon F Hyperblade recolor with a right spin SG (good condition)
Wing Attacker (used)
Metal Sting BB Metallic brown-black recolor (good condition)

Receiving-
DEMS (good condition)

So is it a good deal? The big difference in quantity of beys might be a drawback, but the condition probably makes up for it...
Any changes that may be required, or should the deal be annulled completely?
(Feb. 19, 2013  7:13 AM)BlackOutTornado Wrote: How can I fix the Attack ring of Draciel S because it is broken?
Generally, if a part is actually broken there is no legal way to fix it. However, in future I suggest you be more specific with your questions, as even if it were possible/legal to repair parts, there's no way anyone would be able to help you with so little info.

(Feb. 19, 2013  6:03 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: I am not sure whether this belongs here or not, but I have a query regarding a trade-
Giving away-
Wing Attacker (used)

Receiving-
DEMS (good condition)

So is it a good deal? The big difference in quantity of beys might be a drawback, but the condition probably makes up for it...

I wouldn't make that trade, personally, as the hyperblade recolors are hard to come by (though the lack of the left SG is a bit of a compromise there)... See what the others say, though.
This is a random anime/plastic beyblade question, If you where to make a cross bow-like launcher for Zeus like what Brooklyn has or a Sling shot launcher like Mystel or a tonfa launcher like Garland and they worked in real life would it be legal to use in a battle? assuming they some how have a EZ launcher in them.
(Feb. 18, 2013  11:15 AM)Ultra Wrote: It was alright. Few things though:

-You don't want to use Wolborg 2's tip on a normal zombie combo.

what do you mean by this ? what kind of zombie combo would have wolborg 2's tip ?

also what about this normal zombie combo :

AR : War Lion w/ war lion sub ar
WD : Wide defense
SG : Left SG w/ Bearing Kore ( double bearing version from Burning Kerberous )
SP : Defense ring
BB : Customize bearing base

it do pretty good at out-spinning alot right spin combo Tongue_out

(Feb. 18, 2013  9:05 AM)Wombat Wrote: Grip Defense
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: SG Bearing Version 2 wit' Wolborg 2's Casings & Shaft/Neo Right/Left SG wit' HMC
BB: Bearing Grip Base/Defense Grip Base (not recommended)

How can i insert Wolborg 2 casing & shaft in Neo SG With HMC ??? this wouldnt fit Chocked_2
(Feb. 19, 2013  7:45 AM)Poursugar0nme Wrote: This is a random anime/plastic beyblade question, If you where to make a cross bow-like launcher for Zeus like what Brooklyn has or a Sling shot launcher like Mystel or a tonfa launcher like Garland and they worked in real life would it be legal to use in a battle? assuming they some how have a EZ launcher in them.

No, rules apply to grips and bladers have to pull ripcords (or activate the launcher for some of the weird gimmicky ones) themselves. If that kind of thing were legal I could have a high speed robotic arm pull a ripcord for me, which would hardly be fair.
(Feb. 19, 2013  8:03 AM)CrAzyMEtALMoNkE Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2013  11:15 AM)Ultra Wrote: It was alright. Few things though:

-You don't want to use Wolborg 2's tip on a normal zombie combo.

what do you mean by this ? what kind of zombie combo would have wolborg 2's tip ?

also what about this normal zombie combo :

AR : War Lion w/ war lion sub ar
WD : Wide defense
SG : Left SG w/ Bearing Kore ( double bearing version from Burning Kerberous )
SP : Defense ring
BB : Customize bearing base

it do pretty good at out-spinning alot right spin combo Tongue_out

Yeah that's good but it could be better.

(Feb. 18, 2013  9:05 AM)Wombat Wrote: Grip Defense
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: SG Bearing Version 2 wit' Wolborg 2's Casings & Shaft/Neo Right/Left SG wit' HMC
BB: Bearing Grip Base/Defense Grip Base (not recommended)

How can i insert Wolborg 2 casing & shaft in Neo SG With HMC ??? this wouldnt fit Chocked_2

That's not what he said. There are three different selections there and you can only choose one. Also you can only use the HMC and Neo Right with Defence Grip Base but Bearing Grip Base is way better.

(Feb. 19, 2013  6:03 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: I am not sure whether this belongs here or not, but I have a query regarding a trade-
Giving away-
Wing Attacker (used)

Receiving-
DEMS (good condition)

I'd say so. I mean DEMS has a lot better selling value than any of those. And you don't really see many people asking for hyperblades anyway.
yo! are the beyblade plastic launchers that measure the rpm trustworthy? and what is the highest rpm a plastic beyblade can reach?
Giving away-
Wing Attacker (used)

Receiving-
DEMS (good condition)

I'd say no. DEMS isn't worth as much as it used to be. Roux has the rare light blue one and she usually sells it for $25. Your hyperblades, especially the Dragoon F, are quite rare these days.
Does the Gold Recolor of Wolborg 2 from Random Booster 6 suffer from the same fragile plastic(Gold Plastic Syndrome) as Uriel/wolborg 3 & Uriel 2?
(Feb. 19, 2013  9:20 PM)Morsoe Wrote: yo! are the beyblade plastic launchers that measure the rpm trustworthy? and what is the highest rpm a plastic beyblade can reach?
As far as I'm aware they're not particularly accurate, and I don't know what the answer to your second question is, I'm afraid. It'd depend on the launcher and given the presence of the DX Launchers or whatever they are (the RPM measuring ones) which have the lowest gear ratio but use slightly less ripcord and have noticeably more resistance, and the power custom, and then it'd basically be at what point each starts skipping too severely, I guess.

(Feb. 20, 2013  5:01 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: Does the Gold Recolor of Wolborg 2 from Random Booster 6 suffer from the same fragile plastic(Gold Plastic Syndrome) as Uriel/wolborg 3 & Uriel 2?

They're quite rare and I've not heard of someone using one enough to find out. I would imagine so, or at least, advise against using it - wouldn't want to be the person to find out that it is fragile Tongue_out
Though, the base is pretty low-impact so you might be able to get away with using the competitive parts. Confused
Does the Yellow Metal Dranzer from the Fukaboko Booster even supposed to come with a Weight Disk ... ?

*I didn't even get one, YJA's listings don't have one, th!nk's (who's most likely going to respond to this) didn't get one and Oki's listings on the WBO don't have one.
Apparently the second beyblade/whichever of the 50% chance ones you get, in the plastics fukobako didn't come with WD's. I can guarantee that for fukobako 2003, neither the Yellow Metal Dranzer or Blue Flash Leopard came with a weight disk.

I don't know about the other plastics fukobako(s? I forget) but those definitely didn't come with wd's.
Hm? You get two Beyblade's in a box .. ?
Yeah, for that one, one is either Orthrus, Dranzer V2 (red) or Driger V2 (red), and the other is either Metal Dranzer (yellow) or Flash Leopard (blue). I've heard the odds on Orthrus are a bit longer than that would suggest (approx. half as common as it should be per carton or w/e), but honestly, I still don't understand why they are as rare as they are (though I really don't think they deserve the price I've seen them go for...) given that the other recolors from that booster, perhaps excepting metal dranzer, are some of the most commonly seen recolors... It's almost as though someone in Japan is hoarding all of the Orthrus or something lol (and only the light blue one, seeing as the dark blue one is only slightly less common, but should be significantly rarer than the light blue one).
Huh? I've seen way more of the light blue version that the dark blue in my time here bro.
I've seen more of the light blues, don't get me wrong, but it's not a huge margin between them, not nearly as large as it should be. The main part of my observation was the beys from the same fukobako, though.
I've got a question about knock-off plastics. How decent are the Rapidity plastics? My son found out about plastics and wants some just to play with. I bought 3 cheaper ones from dimsum2, but I'm sure he'll want more eventually.