[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jan. 30, 2013  4:41 PM)Ultra Wrote: Uh yes basically since the real version is supposed to just be the AR on a red SG Flat BB.

(Jan. 30, 2013  4:41 PM)Ultra Wrote: Uh yes basically since the real version is supposed to just be the AR on a red SG Flat BB.

Ok thanks for the info, Its not fun having an engine gear beyblade that dont work
1. How can you tell the difference between Engine Gears, in particular, the ones that take CEWs?

2. Also, the [Hasbro] reddish-orange Dranzer G recolor that I just got seems to have a different EG than the normal release. It is a Blue EG connected with a Metal Semi-Flat CEW by a black connector, instead of a Right EG (Metal Semi-Flat). So, was this exclusive to this recolor, or is it a part from another EG Beyblade?
As a note, I also got the same exact EG from a different lot, which was randomly on a Gigars BB. And then the one on my Dranzer GT is similar, but has a green Right EG and a blue connector, and then my Venusian G has a red Left EG with a black connector.
(Jan. 30, 2013  6:45 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2013  6:27 AM)Wombat Wrote: I have this Bit Chip, and I'm not sure what it is. I'll post pictures later today, but it's gray, and the Bit Beast looks like a two-headed turtle with spikes on the shell. It's standing on all four feet, not two like Draciel usually does.

From what you described, it should be Metal Draciel.

[Image: meDraciel.jpg]

Yes, it is that one! Thank you very much Cannon.
It says on the Plastics price guide that a used Metal Draciel is worth $15 and a new one is $25, what do you estimate the price of the mint Bit Chip would be? Like $3?
(Jan. 31, 2013  12:31 AM)Wombat Wrote: Yes, it is that one! Thank you very much Cannon.
It says on the Plastics price guide that a used Metal Draciel is worth $15 and a new one is $25, what do you estimate the price of the mint Bit Chip would be? Like $3?

A Bit Chip? Probably around $1-3, no higher, since it is not a necessity, even if it is mint.
Oki gives them for free when asked (when you order something) ...

It should only be about 20-50 cents, to be honest.
(Jan. 31, 2013  1:37 PM)Cannon Wrote: Oki gives them for free when asked (when you order something) ...

It should only be about 20-50 cents, to be honest.

Gotta love Oki, eh?

The price range I gave was with the shipping fee as I thought he meant that a Bit Chip would be sold by itself, not with other products. But yes, I do agree with you that it should be either free or 20-50 cents. Three dollars is asking too much, IMO.
How much is an Appolon and Dranzer G worth, and are they competitive?
(Feb. 01, 2013  3:22 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: How much is an Appolon and Dranzer G worth, and are they competitive?

Dranzer G is worth around $15-$25 depending in whether it is new in box or mint. It also has very little competitive use and should be purchased only for collection purposes only. Im not too familiar with Apollon though, but I do know it is incredibly rare. Evoluion sold his for $200! I think they'll go for around $100-$150 though. Maybe more. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I got mine for 6000 yen (Yellow, Prize) ...

But they're pretty rare, so prices usually vary, especially for the re-colours and the Hasbro one.
Has anyone ever used a Uriel in battle? I have 2 but one has a cracked AR and a split BB just from hitting another beyblade. Like are all Uriels fragile? I cant find much information on the beyblade
(Feb. 01, 2013  10:36 AM)Poursugar0nme Wrote: Has anyone ever used a Uriel in battle? I have 2 but one has a cracked AR and a split BB just from hitting another beyblade. Like are all Uriels fragile? I cant find much information on the beyblade

Yes, all Gold Ariel's are fragile, because they are made of the Gold Plastic. This includes Ariel 2 as well.

More can be read on BeyWiki; which should always be your first stop.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...03_(Ariel)

Purchasing Hasbro's Black Version, or TAKARA-TOMY's Black Version is more worth it; it's not prone to breakage, and can be used thoroughly in battles.
(Feb. 01, 2013  6:11 AM)Cannon Wrote: I got mine for 6000 yen (Yellow, Prize) ...

But they're pretty rare, so prices usually vary, especially for the re-colours and the Hasbro one.

How much is the Hasbro one worth NIB?
(Feb. 01, 2013  12:55 PM)*Ginga* Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2013  6:11 AM)Cannon Wrote: I got mine for 6000 yen (Yellow, Prize) ...

How much is the Hasbro one worth NIB?
around 50 USD..Hasbro's Appolon G surprisingly not as expensive as Takara, where it get sold quite cheap on ebay.. (i got 2 of it from a single auction which cost me about 50-60usd..one of it is MINT, and one is used)
but then, i dont really think Takara's one should be as expensive as 200$..haha..my expectation is around 100 USD
What exactly is Wolborg 4's gimmick?
(Feb. 01, 2013  2:01 PM)The Beymaster Wrote: What exactly is Wolborg 4's gimmick?

It has a Life After Death (LAD) ability, and can Spin Steal, iirc.
(Feb. 01, 2013  10:51 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2013  10:36 AM)Poursugar0nme Wrote: Has anyone ever used a Uriel in battle? I have 2 but one has a cracked AR and a split BB just from hitting another beyblade. Like are all Uriels fragile? I cant find much information on the beyblade

Yes, all Gold Ariel's are fragile, because they are made of the Gold Plastic. This includes Ariel 2 as well.

More can be read on BeyWiki; which should always be your first stop.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...03_(Ariel)

Purchasing Hasbro's Black Version, or TAKARA-TOMY's Black Version is more worth it; it's not prone to breakage, and can be used thoroughly in battles.

Ok thanks, Now I know why I couldnt find it because I was always searching "Uriel" sucks its fragile, looks like an awesome blade to use
EDIT: Never mind, it is. I'll ask this instead;

Is it illegal to oil the metal shaft of Dranzer-S' Spin Gear?
(Feb. 02, 2013  6:53 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: Is it illegal to oil the metal shaft of Dranzer-S' Spin Gear?

I believe lubricating a part which was not intentional by TAKARA-TOMY, or Hasbro is illegal.

Using the oil given with Draciel F on itself is legal though.
@ Cannon: Thanks for clearing that up. Oh, and what should I use to polish the tip of the Spin Gear's shaft. Oh, and it's the Hasbro version of the Spiral Change Base I'm talking about. I've got it yesterday, you see. One more thing; is a Blade Base still useable if it's missing a Spin Gear holding clip?
.... You cannot apply a substance to any beyblade that affects its performance. This includes polishing tips, or applying Draciel F's oil to anything but its own SG.

No, you must have two base clips present.
(Feb. 03, 2013  12:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: .... You cannot apply a substance to any beyblade that affects its performance. This includes polishing tips, or applying Draciel F's oil to anything but its own SG.

I said on itself ..

=-=-=

EDIT: I don't feel like making another post, but I don't believe it was a "guess" .. Repeating your words, yeesh.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...#pid941769
I was merely clarifying, given T.L-Drago seemed to have some very, very strange ideas about rules and I wanted to cover any possibility his mind could conjure up (seeing as the rules are very clear yet he's talking about polishing tips.)

(Jan. 31, 2013  12:17 AM)phantomcellistf Wrote: 1. How can you tell the difference between Engine Gears, in particular, the ones that take CEWs?

2. Also, the [Hasbro] reddish-orange Dranzer G recolor that I just got seems to have a different EG than the normal release. It is a Blue EG connected with a Metal Semi-Flat CEW by a black connector, instead of a Right EG (Metal Semi-Flat). So, was this exclusive to this recolor, or is it a part from another EG Beyblade?
As a note, I also got the same exact EG from a different lot, which was randomly on a Gigars BB. And then the one on my Dranzer GT is similar, but has a green Right EG and a blue connector, and then my Venusian G has a red Left EG with a black connector.

1. Turbo Left is Black, regular left is Red. Regular Right is either Blue or Purple (the Purple coming with the set) and is the only one that winds up normally. Reverse Right winds up like a left EG. Right Customize Gear (Free Shaft Ver.) is easily disassmebled, does not wind up, and is black. Right CG (Full Auto Clutch Ver.) is Red with Grey Prongs and cannot be disassembled without a screwdriver, but cannot be wound.

As complex as that sounds, it's very simple to tell them apart.

2. My signature has a link to the hasbro g-revolution parts list, where that release is listed. The engine gear it has is common amongst hasbro engine gear beys as can be seen in that list. The regular right customize EG, however, was only released by Takara as an accessory, which was purple and came with the metal semi-flat CEW. The Customize Left EG and the CEW Metal Ball based on Draciel G's Right EG (Metal Ball) and used on Hasbro's Zeus, Orthros G, Dark Green Draciel G, and Dark Effigy G (which is an outlier in that the CEW doesn't match the tip that came with the original release of the Base) are unique to Hasbro, though they didn't release Zeus/Gigar's EG's/CEW's, the heavy metal core (and its casings) and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting.

(Feb. 01, 2013  2:08 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2013  2:01 PM)The Beymaster Wrote: What exactly is Wolborg 4's gimmick?

It has a Life After Death (LAD) ability, and can Spin Steal, iirc.

Don't answer questions with guesses.

Wolborg 4 has a large bowl attachment on its engine gear, which basically provides a semi-free spinning surface for opponents to hit, as well as having some downwards pushing ability. I linked a blog post about wolborg 4 a couple of pages back that should adequately describe it.
Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of all the plastic beyblades ever made? not just the product number it doesnt seem to include the beyblades that come from random boosters
Well, look through the Beyblade Parts List on Beywiki. It should have your answer.
The beyblade parts list on beywiki (which was down last I checked, hopefully it will be back up soon) has most of them (basically everything that was released and given a name), but hasbro exclusives aren't listed, the hasbro g-revolution product list has most of those.

Also, by the way, searching for Uriel should have taken you to the Wolborg 03 (Ariel) article, are you sure it didn't?

(Feb. 03, 2013  2:41 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Well, look through the Beyblade Parts List on Beywiki. It should have your answer.

Incomplete or incorrect answers: Not in this thread kthx.

(Feb. 03, 2013  12:13 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2013  12:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: .... You cannot apply a substance to any beyblade that affects its performance. This includes polishing tips, or applying Draciel F's oil to anything but its own SG.

I said on itself ..

=-=-=

EDIT: I don't feel like making another post, but I don't believe it was a "guess" .. Repeating your words, yeesh.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...#pid941769

That post is from April last year, much has been learnt since, wolborg 4 combos being one of the big areas, which is something anyone fit to answer performance-related questions here should be well aware of, seeing as it comes up extremely often and they are a common point of discussion.