[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

All of them have articles which are perfectly up to date and correct. I don't appreciate being moaned at for trying to make you self sufficient especially considering it's a general policy in other places to direct people to the right places when they post a question in the wrong place. I say again please find your answers on beywiki.
Edit due to post made while this one was being written: No, not all of them have completely up to date articles - Galeon is an example of this, and BMaC does not direct people to articles, because articles do not contain exacting lists of combinations.

(Jan. 15, 2013  1:50 PM)Ultra Wrote: The majority of the those have articles on beywiki. You've been here for a while so you should be self sufficient enough by now to look there first. I really feel that when me and th!nk leave here plastics are in big trouble.

This is Plastics Q&A, not Redirect People to Articles including Outdated Ones Instead of Simply Providing Combinations. If you yell at people, no one is going to want to play and no one will learn.

Anyway:

(Jan. 15, 2013  1:35 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Just got these from a lot. any help?

Dranzer V
Dranzer S
Metal Driger
Galeon
Master Dragoon
Galman
Wolborg 2
Wolborg 4
Voltaic Ape
Dragoon V2
Driger G
Driger S

Good parts to work with.

Circle Survivor Defense:
AR: Driger S
WD: 10 Balance (Driger G)
SG: Wolborg 4
BB: Wolborg 4
CEW Part: Wolborg 4
Suggestions: Rock Bison's EG is slightly better. Sonokong Driger S AR works slightly better for me on 10 Balance, Wide Defense would be a better investment though.

Attack:
AR: Driger G
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Neo Right SG (MG Core) (VApe)
SP: Either of the ones you have. Try both and see what works.
BB: Dragoon V2
Suggestions: Wide Defense again, and Survivor Ring (from Dark Series beys) would be a better SP as it aligns nicely with the AR. Solid attacker though, just practice your launch so you don't self KO.

Defensive Zombie But Not Because You Need Wide Defense
AR: Driger S (Galeon's is less practical here)
WD: MG WD (marginally better Defense in this combo than 10 Wide)
SG: Neo Left SG (Dragoon V2)
Core: Wolborg 2 + Wolborg 2 Shaft
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customize Grip Base
Suggestions: Did I mention you need wide defense?

Compact: Driger S+ Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Core) + 10 Heavy (HMC+10H from Metal Driger, Casings from VApe)

Zombie with no defense:
AR: Galeon
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Neo Left SG (regular SG core)
BB: Dranzer S (attack mode)
Weak Launch and pray you don't get KO'd.
Suggestions: Wide Survivor>Wide Defense

That's about it. Basically you need to try to get wide defense. Sweet lot tho.

ok so between driger g, wolgorg 4, draciel g, and gaia dragoon g which one is worth buying and don't judge me i haven't played with plastics since i was a kid
(Jan. 14, 2013  9:56 PM)Ultra Wrote: The only thing you can really make is this:

AR: Griffolyon
WD: Ten Wide
BB: Gaia Dragoon V

None of your parts mix at all unfortunately.

Thanks!
I buy trygle, Master Dragoon and Wolborg.

Can I made other combo?
(Jan. 17, 2013  6:41 AM)aurawolf Wrote: ok so between driger g, wolgorg 4, draciel g, and gaia dragoon g which one is worth buying and don't judge me i haven't played with plastics since i was a kid

Driger G. It has the best AR out of the bunch you listed.
Please don't answer if you don't know what you're talking about. The AR is not the only important part. The AR is only useful if you have the proper base to use it which is hard to find. Wolborg 4 is the best of those. It's not hard to find an AR to use with Wolborg 4's base to make a top tier combo.
Oooooooh, I don't know guys. It really depends. If you can only get one, then Driger G is the best of them for out of the box performance.

But, Wolborg 4 is much easier and cheaper to customize, seeing as Sonokong Driger S AR's usually fit on the SG, and 10 Balance is easy to get - Driger G being a good way to get it. As Driger G's AR is the part you'd be using, you'd need attack parts to make use of it - and those are generally expensive/hard to find/both. And of course, a customized wolborg 4 is more useful than an uncustomized Driger G.

I don't think any of those come with a launcher, so be careful of that - hopefully you have one lying around or can get one off someone else. If you do have any parts, that could affect the best bey to purchase (though it's pretty unlikely, certain things could maybe make Gaia Dragoon G a good buy, for example).

terzinaccio: Not really, no, Cross Griffon is generally a better choice than the new AR's though you should try Trygle's AR, some people like it better. You could try something like Master Dragoon AR + Heaviest WD you have + Neo Right MG Core (VApe) + Draciel S base, as some kinda weight based defender but ehhh.
Other than that there's not much worth using really.
I heard a rumor that basically nothing can keep a hidden spirit base on a Beyblade not even glue is that true?
(Jan. 17, 2013  7:49 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote: I heard a rumor that basically nothing can keep a hidden spirit base on a Beyblade not even glue is that true?

You're referring to this, right? I recently got a few Hidden Spirits, but I don't know how to do it... It doesn't appear to be in Hasbro's instructions... (Heh, I just realized that the pictures they used are the Japanese molds...)
(Jan. 17, 2013  7:49 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote: I heard a rumor that basically nothing can keep a hidden spirit base on a Beyblade not even glue is that true?
1. Where did you hear it? I am curious who is still spreading rumors about plastics nowadays.

2. What do you mean "keep on"? Assuming you're referring to the base used by Hayate and its recolors (and the hasbro versions of them), the base itself is most of the "beyblade", you put the weight ring over it and tabs hold it in place, the tail tip of the figurine is used as a tip, and you just clip an AR on. That base part and the weight ring and tip were never intended to be legal parts. The clips are loose with some AR's especially with wear and tear and even new they don't always have the best hold on things, however they will stay on decently well. There isn't any other way to use that base on a beyblade, at least, no way that wouldn't require pretty extreme modification. Still, you could glue it to a beyblade in some awkward manner that was still launchable and have it stay on if you used strong enough glue? Wouldn't be legal tho.

If you're referring to what Phantomcellistf is talking about then it was never designed to stand on them like that.
Some other notes that may be useful: Hasbro moved the poles that the figure connects to when put in hidden spirit mode onto the Attack Rings, a move I suspect was intended to ensure blades weren't launched with the figures attached to them (parts could fly off and it'd be a terrible idea in general), as the launcher prongs won't reach the spin gear with the curled up figurine in between, unlike the original molds where the figure is attached below the base and therefore a launcher can be connected.

I hope something in there answers your question, but if not, please rephrase/explain it.
I mean the takara version of the hidden spirits which connect to the blade base for display I heard this rumour back in 2008 I was browsing for videos of these versions to see if the work with the large base but apparently nothing can hold them to the beyblade whilst spinning. Yeah it's pretty obvious it'd be illegal haha but still would be fun to have a Beyblade that looks as ridiculous as the show's version

EDIT: Just to specify I'm referring to Griffolyon and Salamolyon
(Jan. 17, 2013  8:43 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote: I mean the takara version of the hidden spirits which connect to the blade base for display I heard this rumour back in 2008 I was browsing for videos of these versions to see if the work with the large base but apparently nothing can hold them to the beyblade whilst spinning. Yeah it's pretty obvious it'd be illegal haha but still would be fun to have a Beyblade that looks as ridiculous as the show's version

My understanding of Hidden Spirits series is that the figures are incredibly fragile. In the Hidden Spirit forms (for Takara molds), there doesn't seem to be a tip and the whole thing is big and bulky, so essentially, you'd be launching a spinning mess of plastic that I would assume would easily break apart. Even if it did survive the launch, it probably would just bounce around for a few seconds.
Of course, this is just my observation based on my Hasbro versions, which are just the reverse of the original versions (attached to pegs on the AR instead of the BB, most likely to prevent something like that from happening, since they can't be launched in that mode).
(Jan. 17, 2013  9:18 PM)phantomcellistf Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2013  8:43 PM)Tysonblader009 Wrote: I mean the takara version of the hidden spirits which connect to the blade base for display I heard this rumour back in 2008 I was browsing for videos of these versions to see if the work with the large base but apparently nothing can hold them to the beyblade whilst spinning. Yeah it's pretty obvious it'd be illegal haha but still would be fun to have a Beyblade that looks as ridiculous as the show's version

My understanding of Hidden Spirits series is that the figures are incredibly fragile. In the Hidden Spirit forms (for Takara molds), there doesn't seem to be a tip and the whole thing is big and bulky, so essentially, you'd be launching a spinning mess of plastic that I would assume would easily break apart. Even if it did survive the launch, it probably would just bounce around for a few seconds.
Of course, this is just my observation based on my Hasbro versions, which are just the reverse of the original versions (attached to pegs on the AR instead of the BB, most likely to prevent something like that from happening, since they can't be launched in that mode).

... Wow it's almost as though you didn't read the part of my last post explaining that yes the prong move thing was likely to prevent launching in that mode and then went and said the same thing yourself. Weird huh?

The small and thin parts of the figures are fragile, like most things made of plastic, and not really any more than that. It's just that there are a fair few small/thin parts while there are very few of those in beyblades. Generally being spun against a surface at reasonably high rpm will cause damage to things - friction tends to do that.

@Tysonblader009: If you have a strong enough glue you can keep anything attached to a spinning beyblade. Seems like common sense to me.
(Jan. 17, 2013  7:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oooooooh, I don't know guys. It really depends. If you can only get one, then Driger G is the best of them for out of the box performance.

But, Wolborg 4 is much easier and cheaper to customize, seeing as Sonokong Driger S AR's usually fit on the SG, and 10 Balance is easy to get - Driger G being a good way to get it. As Driger G's AR is the part you'd be using, you'd need attack parts to make use of it - and those are generally expensive/hard to find/both. And of course, a customized wolborg 4 is more useful than an uncustomized Driger G.

I don't think any of those come with a launcher, so be careful of that - hopefully you have one lying around or can get one off someone else. If you do have any parts, that could affect the best bey to purchase (though it's pretty unlikely, certain things could maybe make Gaia Dragoon G a good buy, for example).
so you said wolborg 4 would be cheaper to customize so what would be a good custom for it and is the wolborg 4 ar even good and unfortunately i have no parts left for my plastics not even a launcher
(Jan. 18, 2013  3:13 AM)aurawolf Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2013  7:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oooooooh, I don't know guys. It really depends. If you can only get one, then Driger G is the best of them for out of the box performance.

so you said wolborg 4 would be cheaper to customize so what would be a good custom for it and is the wolborg 4 ar even good and unfortunately i have no parts left for my plastics not even a launcher
I pretty much gave you the combo in that post... Just read it thoroughly.
No, the AR is appalling like basically anything in that kind of shape - sheriff badges don't make good AR's.

Well you're going to need a launcher and a ripcord. For ripcords the Takara MFB Light Launcher 1 ripcords are great, but launchers are harder. You'll either want to get one of the sonokong sets (which would get you a tornado attack, some launchers, and maybe some grips, as well as 2-3 beyblades), Dranzer G, or find someone who is willing to give or even sell one to you. Really annoying that they made so many beys in g-rev boosters.
Right spin plastics launchers came with some of the earlier mfb electronic tops but unless you know someone who had one and no longer needs the launcher that's not much use.
alright thanks alot th!nk
how much would a NIB TT Hongli Draciel v be worth? i got it for christmas and i'm debating on whether to open it or leave it NIB. if it's not worth too much, i might as well open it
(Jan. 19, 2013  11:17 PM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: how much would a NIB TT Hongli Draciel v be worth? i got it for christmas and i'm debating on whether to open it or leave it NIB. if it's not worth too much, i might as well open it

Fake beyblades are worthless.
What would be good to buy as a first time purchase? HMS and Plastics are going on down here in Maryland, and it would be nice to not have to borrow every time we have a tournament xD
Ahh, that is nice to hear.
Purchases for beginners:
Driger V2 is the best out of the box bey
Driger G is good value for money if you can only get a cheap beyblade (but doesn't come with a launcher, though NIB driger V2 are rather expensive, people selling used ones may also have launchers, though perhaps you can just borrow or maybe even buy a launcher of someone)
Wolborg 4+Driger G (or Rock Bison if you don't want the same versatility)+Sonokong Driger S (or a real one if you find it cheap) is a good way to get a good combo with another combo so you're not too predictable (Wolborg lower parts, Driger S AR, Driger G Weight Disk, and Driger G with Wolborg 4's Weight Disk (or its own if you want to swap them), as the pre-g-rev sonokong AR's generally fit on WB4's engine gear though it may take some effort (and I guess they fit on most EG beys unlike earlier SG's). It's really better to find a used regular Driger S if you can, but SK ones are much easier to find, there's just a risk the AR might not go on. Keep in mind SK driger S tips are also an inferior shape (rounded rather than mostly flat with a sharp point) too. Still may want to get a separate launcher as the prongs on pre-g-rev Sonokong beys are rather tight which can cause mislaunches.
Good sized ripcords are easiest to get from Takara MFB Light Launcher 1's.
Alrighty, thanks. I'll look into everything.
Cool, always good to see new people interested - especially people who attend tournaments. Smile
@th!nk:

I received the NIP Wide Survivor as a free gift in one of my orders, and it was a really appreciated gift also beacuse I didn't know anything about its existence.
Actually, I still don't know when exactly it was released because on the package there are really poor informations in English.
I've took some photos but while I was transferring them on the PC, the batteries have stopped to work unfortunately Confused ... I'll upload them tomorrow.
By the way, the only things that can provide us some informations are on the front of the confection. There is the BBA Logo with a Japanese sign on it and the letter "G"... so, I suppose that it was released during the "G" series. Also, there is the Takara's Copyright: "TAKARA 2003", and it has been catalogated as BB-3.
On the back there are lots of sentences in Japanese plus the Takara's site link: http://www.takaratoys.co.jp

That's all, sorry.
I have a question. What is the name of this bit beast? It looks a bit like Falborg... http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2672/imagexdq.jpg
Edit: Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a Bakushin-Oh Beywiki article, yes? If there was, I can't see it. Is there a reason it got deleted (or was it never there to begin with...?)?
Not sure but I know it's not falborg. No there has never been a bakushin-o article.