[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Aug. 02, 2012  7:32 AM)th!nk Wrote: Uhh, Driger S might come with a launcher, if you buy it off another member, ask if they can throw in a launcher and ripcord, most people have loads of launchers lying around.

For the combo, Driger S would be the first bey to buy, the others don't require any particular order.

If you're buying for collection, ignore my advice and search for beyblades you personally like. I can only advise on a competitive basis, if you're collecting, it comes down to your own taste in beyblades.

MFB Launchers don't work with plastics (FWIW Plastics launchers are roughly as strong as a BeyLauncher (String Launcher)). But yeah, different prongs.
(Aug. 02, 2012  7:31 AM)N0body Wrote: From my tournament experience, it is indeed easy to KO but in my case, weak launching sure helps a lot. The only right spin bey it lost to was Dranzer V (and a Triple Tiger EG combo?). So, it did well against almost all right spin opponents so far. It has also done particularly well against Driger V2 with CCB or CGB and no other combo has managed to get such a good win rate against Driger V2 in the Indian metagame so far.

Both of which are the kind of things that make me wary of using SCB haha.

Odd that it's beating CGB attack combos though, I mean it's round but they should be sending it flying with no trouble...

Okay, Thanks a lot. I might check out the Bey Wiki now.
If I actually enjoy Plastics a lot, Which I think I would since it is completely new to me then I might buy the stuff you told me for combos, Again Thanks

(Aug. 02, 2012  7:32 AM)th!nk Wrote: Both of which are the kind of things that make me wary of using SCB haha.

Odd that it's beating CGB attack combos though, I mean it's round but they should be sending it flying with no trouble... Even an uncustomized Driger V2 should do that (though I could perhaps see some difficulty depending on how much movement and control the person can get out of that particular tip.)
Maybe its because my CGB is quite worn and isn't too aggressive. Same goes for CCB. It is quite calm. However, sridbeyz17's Driger V2 was quite aggressive and IIRC, gameboysuperman did manage to beat that with SCB by weak launching. But yeah, MCB was able to KO it a couple of times when gameboysuperman didn't weak launch it.
Okay, I sat down and mucked around and I see what you mean, Stock Driger V2 with a 10 Heavy struggles pretty hard (my CGB's both lack real aggression). HMC does slightly better, but the main thing I'm seeing here is that wide defense works really well on it, the increased speed and survival helps. There's a very, very small gap for SCB in terms of not getting outspun or KO'd.

Customize Grip Base should go straight for the KO, and do it very reliably, with any sensible setup. Just make sure to clean your tip between rounds for maximum speed.

FWIW I'm using Scissors Attacker/Wide Survivor/Neo Left SG (Normal SG Internal Part)/Spiral Change Base
Well, might be bad control of attackers on my part which isn't allowing me to KO SCB.
BTW, I use Flame Wing in the combo in place of Scissors Attacker. It works better for me than Tiger Defenser for that particular combo.

That was another question I wanted to ask: Did/Does Flame Wing have any use competitively so far?
Dranzer F's AR? Not that I know of... The beywiki article talks about attack but looking at the contact points, slopes and breakage issues that seems like a bad idea. No information about it in left spin there though.
Tiger Defenser is better in right than left, scissors attacker works better than it in left.
I don't have a flame wing yet though, so I don't really know.
From what I noticed, Flame Wing is as small as a Tiger Defenser(only the ends protrude a little). Then, its slopes are roughly the same as Tiger Defenser as well. And, the 'gaps' between its 'wing' and 'head' align with the thickened parts of Wide Survivor. However, the only reason I use it over Tiger Defenser is because Blue looks better on the Red Wide Defenser and Blue SCB than the White Tiger Defenser XD. If I get time, I'll test Flame Wing someday to see if it really is as good as Tiger Defenser.
I've got a clear version of both SCB and Tiger Defencer. With my Red Wide Survivor it looks amazing.
(Aug. 02, 2012  9:22 AM)Ultra Wrote: I've got a clear version of both SCB and Tiger Defencer. With my Red Wide Survivor it looks amazing.

You have no clue how jealous I am.

I'm using sonokong gold Tiger Defenser and SCB (though mine's right spin as it's just for killin zombies), with a red wide survivor. SK Tiger Defenser barely reaches the edge of Wide Survivor at its widest point which seems to produce even less recoil than normal. Gold SCB, IDK, I guess the tip is a little smaller so it's a little less aggressive but mines a bit worn, it works well and it matches, though I dislike gold as a colour scheme, too gaudy.

I was previously using a bright green tiger defenser, red wide survivor, and blue SCB but yeah, the smaller TD worked better. And yes I care about that tiny performance increase even on a combination I won't be using very often (if at all).
Well, I had come to this thread yesterday to ask a question, but I forgot about it later on... Tongue_out

Seeing that I have now gotten too busy with school-work, I have missed two MAJOR opportunities to test certain things in a tourney, and I am sure that this shall continue in the future; at least till BeyDays 2013 I believe(or if I am lucky, I might have a chance to attend a tourney in November too!)...
Yeah, so my question!
I am pretty obsessed with the Volcano Change Base now, as that is pretty much the best base I have (second only to the Customize Grip Base of my unused DGV2!) at the moment. When it had been proved to be a base having fair Attack and LAD uses in the Attack Mode, I couldn't help thinking of an AR that would compliment such a unique Attack/Endurance setup...
Currently, according to what I have, Dranzer V2's AR (thanks to th!nk for giving one to me) might work well?
When th!nk sent it to me, he described it as "a well-rounded part, that might do well on my Driger V's Base".
This implies that it has moderate use in Endurance customs...
Then, when I did try it out in my MagneStadium against certain combos (which of course, weren't too great), I did see moderate Attack from it...
Comparing it to MFB, its Attack seemed to be on par with Hell's Attack capabilities...

Before this, I did attain much success in the ONLY plastics tourney I attended back in March(?) by using VCB in collaboration with Sonic Tiger.

Sooo, how would Dranzer V2's AR do when on VCB?

(Aug. 02, 2012  9:38 AM)Jan★ Wrote: Well, I had come to this thread yesterday to ask a question, but I forgot about it later on... Tongue_out

Seeing that I have now gotten too busy with school-work, I have missed two MAJOR opportunities to test certain things in a tourney, and I am sure that this shall continue in the future; at least till BeyDays 2013 I believe(or if I am lucky, I might have a chance to attend a tourney in November too!)...
Yeah, so my question!
I am pretty obsessed with the Volcano Change Base now, as that is pretty much the best base I have (second only to the Customize Grip Base of my unused DGV2!) at the moment. When it had been proved to be a base having fair Attack and LAD uses in the Attack Mode, I couldn't help thinking of an AR that would compliment such a unique Attack/Endurance setup...
Currently, according to what I have, Dranzer V2's AR (thanks to th!nk for giving one to me) might work well?
When th!nk sent it to me, he described it as "a well-rounded part, that might do well on my Driger V's Base".
This implies that it has moderate use in Endurance customs...
Then, when I did try it out in my MagneStadium against certain combos (which of course, weren't too great), I did see moderate Attack from it...
Comparing it to MFB, its Attack seemed to be on par with Hell's Attack capabilities...

Before this, I did attain much success in the ONLY plastics tourney I attended back in March(?) by using VCB in collaboration with Sonic Tiger.

Sooo, how would Dranzer V2's AR do when on VCB?

Honestly I'm yet to find anything that can effectively use both the Attack and LAD of the base, mainly because any AR that hangs low enough to be effective messes up the LAD. In retrospect I should've sent you a Driger G AR or something, as that works really well on the base for attack (and would also go well with your Dragoon V2 base).
Without Wide Survivor or at least wide defense, the base doesn't really have enough LAD to do anything that useful in stamina terms.

That said I just went and tried Dranzer V2 AR/10 Wide/Volcano Change blah blah against some stuff and it did pretty decently but the AR just has too much recoil and not enough power sadly, so it's just not reliable enough, and it does very little your other attacker won't do :C
I mean it's a perfectly decent combo but yeah, not quite good enough :C
FWIW 10 Wide seems to work better than 10 Heavy/Balance though.

Still don't have Driger V to test anything like that though, so I'm not sure what would work better, you'd probably want to go for something a little defensive but yeah, not sure which base will do that better.
Yes, the AR did seem to have a LOT of recoil, which is exactly why a drew a comparison between Dranzer V2's AR and Hell(OK, Hell didn't have THAT much recoil, but yeah).
But when I tried it against certain combos (which I could make, which as I said earlier, were pretty weak), the effect of recoil minimized. Then again, if low recoil Attackers were pitted against these same combos, then they'd hardly even have any recoil...
So I did expect it to have more recoil against "BIGGER" things...

Eh, I wonder what'd do well on it now...
That tourney was in April XD. Well, Volcano Change Base is one thing which has indeed given a tough time to Spiral Change Base. And it does have good LAD too. Well, I hope both of us can make it for the November event(yeah, I am not confirmed either).

Apart from that, I have seen ashton's custom (Triple Tiger + 10 Wide + Right EG Metal Semi-Flat Base[First Clutch]) do quite well in the Plastic tournaments. So, is it doing so well because of the stadium(BB-10) or is it supposed to mediocre? BTW, It has beaten Driger S(uncustomized) quite a few times and has also done well against many other combos.
Something more defensive, like a compact AR, I guess. :c I mean you've already got CGB so there's not that much point using VCB for attack. I will try to play around with some stuff when I get time but yeah, with Wide Survivor/Defense being so darned rare and expensive it's difficult to make much of a stamina combo with it (or anything, actually the scarcity of wide defense and to a lesser extent survivor is a massive issue for plastics). :c
Honestly, it might be more productive to at least initially try to get a driger g and use the AR on CGB, which could also be used on VCB though again, with CGB there's no real reason to use VCB for attack.

FWIW the combo I mentioned did strangely well against regular compacts (though I think a customize metal compact change would be heavy enough to win), as well as beating Tiger Defenser/10Balance/BB Semi Flat. I got kinda excited but then I moved onto defenders and weak launched spiral change base and driger g and it just didn't work.

Man I hate the scarcity of plastics.
@N0body- Ah, thanks for the reminder! I thought it was two months before BeyDays. XD

@th!nk- Well, I may resort to VCB for a while; considering how bad I am at controlling Attackers at times...
But yeah, what you said is true...

I actually tend to resort to gimmickry which may help me as a "last resort".
For example, I once chose Meteo over Lightning against Earth; so that I wouldn't lose even if I did not manage to KO Earth (given my bad control over Attack)....
Similarly, I'd usually go for VCB, as that can give me LAD in the dying moments.
A pretty weird mindset; however I'd soon get to using CGB, given how much I like that BB.

Something more Defensive?
How about Gabriel's AR? Something that is "not Tiger Defenser", and yet quite exceptional I believe?
Gabriel's AR is nowhere near defensive if that's what you were asking.
Uhh, in left spin both versions are very defensive.

Jan, I'd try to track down a Gaia Dragoon G for the sub AR for your white gabriel G AR. Could probably use those, and an MG WD if you have the one without the separated casings, and left casings with volcano change base to make a pseudo-zombie, perhaps, though it probably wouldn't be too amazing and you'd still want to get a Driger G.
Ah, I have a perfect condition MG WD; thanks to Zain.
The Gaia Dragoon G SAR is something I can borrow from someone (I have seen one in a tourney; if I am not wrong)
As for Driger G, yes I'll try getting one after my Duo arrives. Smile

Hm, so you think it can work well? Lets hope it does. Then again, putting SO much effort behind a combo that can find just niche use isn't quite a thing to do...
If I remember I'll try it out myself tomorrow. Dad's just gone to bed though, so I can't do it right now, which is annoying as I tend to forget stuff unless I do it right away. I'll write it down.

By the way, while customize grip base can be difficult at first, it's a much better attack base than volcano change. Make sure to clean the tip between rounds, too (same for all rubber attack tips).

As for why I'm going on about Driger G, I mucked around with it more today uncustomized and it is really rather impressive for an uncustomized beyblade, especially given it comes from the G series. Drigers hey?
That is EXACTLY what has been shocking us at the Plastics tourney.
ashton sweeps past the Round Robin matches and past the finals pretty EASILY with an uncustomized Driger G (or one with slight modifications).
All of us were literally shocked to see an EG bey do so well, and so challenging for top class combos. Thank Goodness that it has now been approved to be "tough".
It's not super-great or anything (a solid "good" though) but for an out of the box bey it's definitely one of the better ones and in terms of value for money it's amazing, I just wish the Takara ones came with a launcher (and a ripcord I guess, but the short ripcords are horrid, I honestly don't know why they didn't put full length ripcords in with all beys once they made the first). It would certainly save me a lot of typing when recommending plastics beginners beys ("Buy a driger g unless you have lots of money you want to spend")

Yeah, that and the fact triple tiger worked well on volcano change base is what made me think to look into it uncustomized, though I still have no clue why he'd use Dragoon G's base on it... Driger G's is one of the better shaped first clutch bases (though they're all horrible), Dragoon G's is bad in the better spin direction, in right it's just.... eurgh.

Side-note: I find it amusing that Master Driger was the only "master" bey that was just total carp, not a top-tier part on it. In fact, my personal order of preference for the master series is the inverse of my main-line preference:
Master: Draciel>Dragoon>Dranzer>Driger
Main-Line: Driger>Dranzer>Dragoon>Draciel
That said I'm very biased towards Smash Turtle.

Oh also before I go to sleep, if anyone was wondering, I've gone back to my weight based defender over my Force Smash combo. Force Smash combo needs to make early contact and that doesn't always work well if you mess up a KO launch and you can't KO launch and slide shoot comfortably at the same time. Still a great combo and if I had another defense ring aside from the one on my display voltaic ape I'd definitely have the combo together and in my "roster" per se.
Hello guys,
someone of you knows something about the following guides?

Thanks Smile
Spin up guide books, I've talked about, them a bit before, nice little books. I have volumes 1-5 (as far as I know that's all they made) I'm planning to scan them but doing so is a big task, but I'm aiming to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

Would give you more detail here but I'm using my phone and about to sleep.
Ah, so I thought right about them xD Thank you very much for confirming what I previously read in your comments.

Don't worry, go to sleep Tongue_out When you'll wake up, please, let me know if about 38$ for both of them, including shipping, is a good purchase! I've found both of them for that price. Bye :]
Ok consultation time

I know im gonna get polta and burning kerebeous (sorry if i mispelled it) and voltaic ape

what master beys should i get Dragoon or draciel (I know Master dragoon is good for upper attack but i hear master draciel is also good) So people if anyone can help that be good

here are some beys im contemplating on getting

Griffolyon
Gaia Dragoon V
master draciel
driger V

Also what products are A71 and A114 if anyone can fill me in on those it be great
Hello,
about the first question, it depends on what kind of combo you desire to create.

About the second one, here there's the answer:
A-71 Bit Chip Collection 4
A-114 Starter BBA Defenser

Also, you should check the following link:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...oduct_List

It is very useful Smile