[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Aug. 01, 2012  5:55 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: Oh, I know it isn't that competitive, but I have been wanting it for a while for it's gimmic (I <3 gimmics). Oh well.

Probably go for it then, it's a load of fun. Though, it should be noted Magical Ape MS did the gyro gimmick better.

Also, if you can get it apart, although it's illegal, replacing the bearings with Shielded Ball Bearings makes it awesome, especially if you have/can get a hasbro trypio AR. I got it to win a battle where it spent the entire thing standing straight up on the edge of the AR lol. It's actually a pretty darned powerful setup. Not sure which CEW I like on it, Metal Change worked nicely when I was playing around Tongue_out
Has it been known to get Wide Defense from a random booster? Also is their anything good about voltic ape and any of the leopard's
Also, I've been wondering about Gigars' Full Auto Clutch Customize Gear. What Does it Do?
I don't think it does anything but don't quote me on that. The CEW (the tip) is the real gimmick since it's a metal change like Driger S' tip so it has different movement depending on how you launch it. Not sure if it works too well though since i've never owned a takara Gigars.
So, is it Free Spinning, Fixed, or is it just a regular engine gear? I'm guessing that it is fixed.
Is what free spinning? No it isn't a regular engine gear. The Hasbro version has a crummy engine gear but the original doesn't.
(Aug. 02, 2012  12:29 AM)Ultra Wrote: Is what free spinning? No it isn't a regular engine gear. The Hasbro version has a crummy engine gear but the original doesn't.

So, I'm guessing that it is fixed, right?
Gigars Engine Gear, with a blade base, acts like driger f's full auto clutch base. I think I already explained how it works but it's usually free spinning and the base's clutch keeps it in place, switching to free-spin when the clutch releases - which means only the Final Clutch bases actually do anything, First Clutch and Normal Bases (Wolborg 4/Rock Bison) let it free spin straight after launch. It has no bearings though,so it's pretty terrible.

Sniper: There's a random booster contents list draft that Ultra has worked on linked in the first post. WD you get is basically totally random apart from some prize beys (Ariel 2, for example, always comes with star attack).
Hey th!nk I was wondering if Trypio's attack ring had any use... I mean in MFB, Duo is used successfully in the combo: MF-M Duo Cygnus 230 MB.

Now I know this is a bit off topic but what I'm trying to get at is that Trypio's AR is completely circular just liek Duo in MFB... so I was wondering if it could be used in a "gimmick" wobbler custom ?

Trypio AR is wide (which Duo really isn't) and it is circular (which Duo is)... so, I was wondering if this could potentially work ?

However, I am aware that there are breakage problems with Trypio's AR.
Nope. It's wide but it has gaps in it the size of a beyblade, and tends to get caught under stuff. Also its size means it provides a lot of leverage for opponents, not only rotationally but also vertically, i.e. it's not hard for opponents to just push it off and back over so it scrapes.

If I find a legal combo with either mold of Trypio's AR that is worth using I'll post about it, believe me, but thus far, nothing.

Force Smash is a better way of doing that, and I think if there were a viable wobbler AR it'd probably be Smash Turtle, but it needs the RPM from a heavy metal core so it doesn't get uppered off its own slopes, so using it with a bearing SG is generally too risky.
K, so i have a beyblade RD796 Raiden, and now that i found it out of the back of the closet, and want to rebuild it, does anyone have any instuctions that they could give me? like a pdf file or anything?Cute
Hm, I don't recall them having numbers like that but maybe that's just a foggy memory.
Anyway, here's hasbro's instructions for Hayate, they're the same, it was just easier to search hayate than raiden haha: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Be...Hayate.pdf
(Aug. 02, 2012  3:06 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hm, I don't recall them having numbers like that but maybe that's just a foggy memory.
Anyway, here's hasbro's instructions for Hayate, they're the same, it was just easier to search hayate than raiden haha: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Be...Hayate.pdf

THANKS!!!!!! you really helped me a lot! now time to find the rest of those pieces...
No problemo, I found some useful info in that manual too so I'm glad you asked, hah.
Be careful with the arm joints btw, they don't come out easy and they're pretty fragile.
(Aug. 02, 2012  12:51 AM)th!nk Wrote: Gigars Engine Gear, with a blade base, acts like driger f's full auto clutch base. I think I already explained how it works but it's usually free spinning and the base's clutch keeps it in place, switching to free-spin when the clutch releases - which means only the Final Clutch bases actually do anything, First Clutch and Normal Bases (Wolborg 4/Rock Bison) let it free spin straight after launch. It has no bearings though,so it's pretty terrible.

I understand. I never knew that Driger F had a gimmic. I could finally see Gigars' gimmic working out in my mind. I take it that when first launched, Metal Change goes into attack mode and then from the final clutch base when it becomes free spinnning, it goes into survival mode and outspins the opposing bey. It makes a lot of sence, how it works, and how it has it's downfalls.
Yeah. The best thing about driger f's shaft was that you could use the tip for a bearing-supported attack tip, i.e. not use the gimmick. I mean it is a nice gimmick in theory (much better than stamina -> attack auto switching now that being able to use a sliding shot is considered a necessity) and smash attack and stamina share weight distributions but there aren't any AR's that can do smash attack and stamina. Perhaps it might've worked with the spin stealing/upper attack combo had Full Auto Clutch base had better LAD and Aerodynamics than a brick (due to its shape being based on just that).
OMG!!!!! I JUST GOT AN IDEA!!!! YOU CAN USE GIGARS' CUSTOMIZE GEAR AND FINAL CLUTCH BASE FOR THE FORCE ATTACK CUSTOMIZATION!!! I know this isn't the best idea, but it just sparked in my mind. I hope it's good. If you like gimmics, would Gigars be fun to have JUST for the gimmics (as you know, I <3 gimmics)? Also, where was your article about Gigars? I am getting REALLY interested in him.
EG's don't work for it. They mean you can't use an HMC which you basically need. Final clutch bases are large/bulky and get in the way and generally have poor LAD, so you'd not be outspinning much. And again, no point in the free spin or anything.

Uh, I'm not sure I went into too much depth, it's either in plastics general or plastics parts discussion, most of the post is about bakutenryuu zeo. Just search the threads for gigars I guess.

Gigars is pretty dull, honestly, and easily the worst of the four GT beys. The metal change CEW is nice but not super useful. Honestly just get a Driger F.
Why isn't Spiral Change Base used as a LAD base? It has done well in LAD at almost every tournament I have attended and has also placed everytime. So, I dont know why it is only used as an LAD killer and not for LAD itself. :\
It is used as one, but I personally wouldn't rely on it as I would a more regular zombie because of its poor defense. The extra stamina doesn't let you beat anything unless someone has a right spin zombie, aside from giving you a ~50/50 chance against opposing SCB combos, at the cost of being able to be KO'd or losing any small chance you'd have had against certain opponents - especially in a tournament situation where you're likely to face a random assortment of stuff that may well pack the power to KO you. Weak launching helps a lot, sure, but it's still just too risky IMHO.

That said, you've done surprisingly well with it, so perhaps I'm underrating it.

But yeah it's a legit zombie base.
Which plastic bey would be a good starting plastic bey? I am starting to like plastic beyblades and I have little or no logic at all all about plastics...

Thanks
(Aug. 02, 2012  7:13 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote: Which plastic bey would be a good starting plastic bey? I am starting to like plastic beyblades and I have little or no logic at all all about plastics...

Thanks

Depends on your budget.

Driger G is the best cheap beyblade out of the box, but you'd need to get a launcher and ripcord (MFB Light Launcher 1 ripcords work, and you should be able to buy a launcher on the forums fairly cheap).

Driger S (avoid the SOK and Sonokong gold ones, they aren't nearly as good) is the most versatile beyblade in plastics but needs at least some form of Neo Right SG (V/V2 series spin gears), preferrably with an HMC (from Metal Driger, but doesn't come with Neo casings), and either 10 heavy or 10 balance weight disks. That said, it's AR, Tiger Defenser, is the swiss army knife of attack rings and Metal Change Base is very good too. The cheapest way to get a good combo out of it would be to buy wolborg 4 and preferrably something with an eight balance weight disk (driger G for example), and use Tiger Defenser and 10 balance on Wolborg 4's lower parts.

Driger V2 is probably the best uncustomized beyblade but it's generally not cheap, it may even be cheaper to get the beys for the driger s/wolborg 4 custom I mentioned above.

(Aug. 02, 2012  7:18 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2012  7:13 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote: Which plastic bey would be a good starting plastic bey? I am starting to like plastic beyblades and I have little or no logic at all all about plastics...

Thanks

Depends on your budget.

Driger G is the best cheap beyblade out of the box, but you'd need to get a launcher and ripcord (MFB Light Launcher 1 ripcords work, and you should be able to buy a launcher on the forums fairly cheap).

Driger S (avoid the SOK and Sonokong gold ones, they aren't nearly as good) is the most versatile beyblade in plastics but needs at least some form of Neo Right SG (V/V2 series spin gears), preferrably with an HMC (from Metal Driger, but doesn't come with Neo casings), and either 10 heavy or 10 balance weight disks. That said, it's AR, Tiger Defenser, is the swiss army knife of attack rings and Metal Change Base is very good too. The cheapest way to get a good combo out of it would be to buy wolborg 4 and preferrably something with an eight balance weight disk (driger G for example), and use Tiger Defenser and 10 balance on Wolborg 4's lower parts.

Driger V2 is probably the best uncustomized beyblade but it's generally not cheap, it may even be cheaper to get the beys for the driger s/wolborg 4 custom I mentioned above.

Thanks for that, Thou I didn't really understand some of it. But I will try to improve my knowledge about plastics...

and, Does any of the plastics you mentioned for the combo come with a launcher?
Also which plastic bey would I first buy to complete the combo?

I actually might just buy it for collection purposes, But if I get a lot of them, and if I enjoy them a lot I might try building those combos..

Last one, Did you mean that the MFB Light Launcher one would work as well? Or only the ripcord?

Thanks

EDIT:Which was the main bey? Was it Dranzer/Driger or both or are they from different series? And does it come with a launcher?

From my tournament experience, it is indeed easy to KO but in my case, weak launching sure helps a lot. The only right spin bey it lost to was Dranzer V (and a Triple Tiger EG combo?). So, it did well against almost all right spin opponents so far. It has also done particularly well against Driger V2 with CCB or CGB and no other combo has managed to get such a good win rate against Driger V2 in the Indian metagame so far.
Uhh, Driger S might come with a launcher, if you buy it off another member, ask if they can throw in a launcher and ripcord, most people have loads of launchers lying around.

For the combo, Driger S would be the first bey to buy, the others don't require any particular order.

If you're buying for collection, ignore my advice and search for beyblades you personally like. I can only advise on a competitive basis, if you're collecting, it comes down to your own taste in beyblades.

MFB Launchers don't work with plastics (FWIW Plastics launchers are roughly as strong as a BeyLauncher (String Launcher)). But yeah, different prongs.
(Aug. 02, 2012  7:31 AM)N0body Wrote: From my tournament experience, it is indeed easy to KO but in my case, weak launching sure helps a lot. The only right spin bey it lost to was Dranzer V (and a Triple Tiger EG combo?). So, it did well against almost all right spin opponents so far. It has also done particularly well against Driger V2 with CCB or CGB and no other combo has managed to get such a good win rate against Driger V2 in the Indian metagame so far.

Both of which are the kind of things that make me wary of using SCB haha.

Odd that it's beating CGB attack combos though, I mean it's round but they should be sending it flying with no trouble... Even an uncustomized Driger V2 should do that (though I could perhaps see some difficulty depending on how much movement and control the person can get out of that particular tip.)