[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jul. 31, 2012  3:28 AM)th!nk Wrote: I mentioned it was a good buy, and I've got one coming for my birthday myself haha.

Plastics in general are rare, other than the few that are very common on ebay. That said, DaWRETCHED-one has a bunch of stuff up right now (or did last I checked) so that's porbably what you're seeing more than normal. Often times most of the non-rare stuff is only on ebay because no one has bought it at the ridiculous price the seller has been asking for the past year or two but refuses to adjust.

Are you talking about the sono Kong g blade challenge set? I got that one for my birthday last year and it is a great set. Soon Kong does make some great sets
One of those, yes. I've already got one, and another of their sets too, but I want a really good condition tornado attack to reinforce and stuff.

But yeah it's inevitable plastics will eventually disappear, though it may take a very, very long time, nothing lasts forever.
(Aug. 01, 2012  12:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: One of those, yes. I've already got one, and another of their sets too, but I want a really good condition tornado attack to reinforce and stuff.

But yeah it's inevitable plastics will eventually disappear, though it may take a very, very long time, nothing lasts forever.

wow i had to bring that up I feel stupid! >< is it true there are only 2 vanishing moots in the world?
Vanishing Moot was never made, IIRC Dio (a member here) made one himself but yeah.
th!nk, I really don't know much to anything about plastics. However, I do wonder if is there any wobbler combo that can spin equalize and then successfully/consistently OS a bearing based stamina type opponent.

Also, can powerful smash AR's such as Trygle's and Griffolyon's AR be used for destabilization. What I mean is that Trygle and Griffolyon hit hard and destabilize the opposing bey in the process. :\

Not that I know of, Zombies are some of the tallest beyblades anyway so wobbling will usually just get you caught underneath the opponent. Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger's tip is a zombie tip that wobbles a lot but still has awesome stamina, but that wobbling makes it less effective against wolborg 4 combinations (it gets stuck only making contact with the Dish of death basically, from what I can tell) than Burning Kerberous' SG. Basically Wolborg 4 combos prey on instability.
The closest thing might be a force smash combo but zombies happen to be basically immune to them because they generally don't pack enough smash to KO zombies properly and then zombies seem to just absorb the hits, it's quite odd.

Trygle's AR has slopes that can destabilise opponents, and Cross Griffon does basically do what you described at times, but it's not a focal point of right spin smash attack. Left Spin Smash AR's like Eight Spiker, G Upper and Panther Head (Dragoon G, GT and Flash Leopard 2 respectively) seem to have that effect against right spin opponents (seems to me that aggressive movement in opposite spin = destabilisation, but it's just a theory). Generally though if you want destabilisation and stuff, use upper attack.
Alright th!nk. Thank you for responding.

One Last Question: Which AR destabilizes the best/the most ?
Honestly it's hard to say. Probably Upper Dragoon? Maybe Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT) because it's slightly better in left spin.
Smash Turtle does a surprisingly good job of it through force smash, though.
(Aug. 01, 2012  1:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: Honestly it's hard to say. Probably Upper Dragoon? Maybe Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT) because it's slightly better in left spin.
Smash Turtle does a surprisingly good job of it through force smash, though.

Wait, Did you say that Smash Turtle has force smash, or am I reading it wrong. Now that I look at it, it does have some minor places for force smash.
Yes, that's pretty obviously what I said.
The short slopes are why it's surprising, it may even have more force smash than Wing Survivor (Dranzer G), and the other AR's with anything for force smash are too recoily to use. I'm still looking into it but yeah, it's pretty outrageously effective unless it's against a zombie/defensive zombie, winning most matches by OS (and I'm using it on customize grip base).
Wow, I didn't know how effective those small little slopes are.
Smash Turtle and Upper Dragon are both effective in a WIDE variety of uses (both the 'kids'). I'm happy I have both.
To be honest, Smash Turtle is limited to "High RPM" and Upper Dragoon I don't actually use, again though mainly high rpm, mainly because both of their widths mean they're susceptible to being destabilised/uppered by everything if they don't pack an HMC.

I mean, they're very, very good at what they do but they're not really that versatile, nothing like Tiger Defenser.
(Aug. 01, 2012  1:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: To be honest, Smash Turtle is limited to "High RPM" and Upper Dragoon I don't actually use, again though mainly high rpm, mainly because both of their widths mean they're susceptible to being destabilised/uppered by everything if they don't pack an HMC.

I mean, they're very, very good at what they do but they're not really that versatile, nothing like Tiger Defenser.

(Just to say, this is ONLY opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong) In my opinion, Tiger Defencer and War Lion are as versatile as it gets. They are good in almost any combo that isn't attack. They are on a completely different level compared to Upper Dragon and Smash Turtle. Both are good for weight-based defence, Upper Dragon is the BEST AR for Right Spin Upper Attack, and Smash Turtle is good in grip-based Defence and (now that you mentioned it) Force Smash Attack. THIS IS ALL OPINION!!!
Some thoughts: Wouldn't use smash turtle in grip defense. Great way to get uppered right outta the stadium. I'm well known to dislike Upper Dragoon for Weight Defense, just because smash turtle is much more logical at that height.

The force smash combo I'm using smash turtle in might replace my weight defender (which already replaced my old weight defender and compact).
What is the combo? I'm getting really interested with the force smash capability that Smash Turtle has. I was trying to think of Blade Bases that are tall enough for Force Smach. The main thought that came to my mind was engine gears (probably using Gaia Dragoon G's Metal Flat Engine Gear). Besides Engine Gears, I don't have any idea of what BB to use in Force Smash. BTW, I take it that the actual Tip of Dragoon V2 is neglible from there being little information about it in the BeyWiki article. Am I right?
(Aug. 01, 2012  4:25 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: What is the combo? I'm getting really interested with the force smash capability that Smash Turtle has. I was trying to think of Blade Bases that are tall enough for Force Smach. The main thought that came to my mind was engine gears (probably using Gaia Dragoon G's Metal Flat Engine Gear). Besides Engine Gears, I don't have any idea of what BB to use in Force Smash. BTW, I take it that the actual Tip of Dragoon V2 is neglible from there being little information about it in the BeyWiki article. Am I right?

I was going to keep it secret for longer in case I spontaneously put together a tournament but it's the same as my Wing Survivor Force Smash combo, but with smash turtle. I was also going to write a post or blog post about it which I may still do but I'm busy with beywiki stuff.

Aside from being tall you need an HMC at least to prevent being uppered by your own slopes basically, and for force smash you want to be moving fast but also have grip, so basically your only option is Customize Grip Base (ariel 2's base would work but it's too fragile). I like wide defense over 10 heavy on CGB because I find the speed makes up for everything else and it seems to work better. Defense Ring is needed for the best possible LAD as you're on a rubber tip trying to outspin stuff so it does come down to the wire sometimes.

AR: Smash Turtle
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right (HMC)
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customize Grip Base

I assume your last sentence was trolling based on my famous disgust at that articles treatment of the third fastest rubber tip in plastics. Seriously that whole article is horsecarp (others to watch out for: Draciel F, Wolborg 2, Zombie Article). Aiming to have finished my rewrite of Dragoon V2 today though.

(Aug. 01, 2012  4:32 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2012  4:25 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: I take it that the actual Tip of Dragoon V2 is neglible from there being little information about it in the BeyWiki article. Am I right?

I assume your last sentence was trolling based on my famous disgust at that articles treatment of the third fastest rubber tip in plastics. Seriously that whole article is horsecarp (others to watch out for: Draciel F, Wolborg 2, Zombie Article). Aiming to have finished my rewrite of Dragoon V2 today though.

It wasn't trolling, I was ACTUALLY wondering if it is good or not as the only information on the beywiki article says it is somewhat like Dragoon V's bb in which it has a magnet inside. Is it good or bad?
As I said in my post, it's the third fastest rubber attack tip in plastics, only dragoon grip attacker's and ariel 2's are faster, but it suffers from a tendency to skip the tornado ridge so you have to be careful with recoil. It's still basically the third best attack tip though.
What should i get in terms of collection
polta
spark knight
voltaic ape
burning kereberous
RB 11
(Aug. 01, 2012  5:21 AM)Clonetos Wrote: What should i get in terms of collection
polta
spark knight
voltaic ape
burning kereberous
RB 11

Rb 11(depends on what will you get)
Burning kerberous
Voltaic ape..
Thats my opinion..haha
BK/VA are the most valuable beys there, but they're also the most competitive. I mean it's good if you think you might want to look at competitive plastics later as they've both awesome beys to have but yeah.

Random Booster 11 is pretty good as long as you don't get a yellow driger v, though the diver series aren't as valuable/popular as other prize beys, so keep that in mind when buying (i.e. don't pay too much, though I can't give you any price advice there), I think orca and manta diver may've got wider releases by hasbro than other late RB beys they released, and it doesn't help that the diver series were terrible competitively. Also worth mentioning that it doesn't contain Wide Defense/Survivor at all which is a shame, but yeah.

To be honest though, aside from possible RB11 prizes none of those are really collector-esque beys, Polta and Spark Knight are both very pretty (the transparent versions anyway) but they're not hard to find/valuable, and VA/BK are mainly valued for competitive use.
Is $35 good for a NIB Sonokong Flame Pegasus?
I can't really say, I mean they seem scarce nowadays but they used to be quite common for a bit cheaper than that (even for Takara versions), and I wouldn't be surprised if they appeared again in bulk at some point, but then it's been a while so maybe they won't...
I'm kinda leaning towards no because it's a Sonokong blade and those tend to be considered less valuable for whatever reason, and as a competitive beyblade, well the AR is lovely but Tiger Defenser just works better, and nothing else on it is worthwhile outside of niche use of the tip for Takara Zeus's Customize Gear in a pretty meh right-spin-only zombie setup Uncertain
Oh, I know it isn't that competitive, but I have been wanting it for a while for it's gimmic (I <3 gimmics). Oh well.
Well, if you are looking to buy it for its aesthetics and gimmicks, we cannot really stop you about that; as that is a highly objective matter...
Sooo, if you really like its aesthetics and gimmicks, then we have no right to stop you from purchasing it in a way...
But to be honest, there are many other beys which look more beautiful, and also have better gimmicks...