[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Oh, that would explain it. That completely ruins the attack/defense switch, too.
So I guess to answer your question, Clonetos, just be careful with what you purchase and go to the "Purchase Consultation" thread first to double-check that the beyblade's okay.
(Jul. 16, 2012  3:26 AM)Fong Wrote: How much would a Magnacore Arena Tray be? I'm considering on buying one haha, and also is Orca Diver any good I'm thinking of buying one
Alright to add on to this is Crab Diver and Manta Diver rarer ? Even so, which one would be better?
The rounded tip of sonokong driger s's can do the attack/stamina thing, but it's not at all the same and the tip is far less stable and therefore loses to a lot more things. You can sometimes fit SK AR's on smaller Spin Gears (for example, I can fit both of my gold tiger defensers on both of my wolborg 4 eg's), but it's not a set-in-stone thing.
I really need to write up the whole compatibility thing, it's just a matter of getting the time to do it.

Fong: I don't *think* hasbro released crab diver, but I'm not sure. If they didn't, it would be rarer. None of the diver series are competitive at all, though (manta diver may be slightly better than the others but they're all appalling).
Hmm so the diver series aren't competitve huh, how much do you think a used orca diver would be if it's cheap i'd probably buy it for my collection haha
Anywhere from $15-30, depending on the seller, condition, and colour (as there were three in the rb). Hasbro ones tend to go for prices on the lower end of that spectrum, despite being identical to the takara rb prize ver.
What would be better to use for a Defense zombie in left spin Driger S AR or Galeon AR? IM pretty sure its Driger S just wanna make sure.
Assuming the Galeon sub-AR can be flipped, I'm not so sure. If that's the case then wouldn't be better? I mean it would have the AR for weight and defense, but then the sub-AR has nice little spin-stealing points.

I'd wait for th!nk for a definite answer, my money's on War Lion
You can't flip galeon's SAR legally, or ANY SAR for that matter.

I find Tiger Defenser works better (especially if you're facing customize grip base, which can hook under war lion), but don't you have a metal dranzer AR anyway? That would be better than both in left spin.

Generally this is a case where Tiger Defenser vs War Lion is considered a matter of opinion, War Lion has less stamina and the weakness I mentioned, tiger defenser's left spin contact points probably aren't as good but they're less exposed. War Lion also has some nasty fragility issues too, especially if an AR gets under the top part of war lion. War Lion's SAR will absorb hits that it comes into contact with, but that's kind of a specific height range, which might also manage to hit you under the main AR. Personally, I find tiger defenser works better, but there is the chance I'm being harsh on war lion.

However, if you have a Gaia Dragoon G, War Lion with that SAR would be better than tiger defenser (slightly less stamina (perhaps, it's hard to tell right now) but worth it for the defense). If you have that and Scissors Attacker, see which you prefer. I haven't used war lion with Gaia Dragoon G's Sub Ring that much (I use a hasbro twin horn instead of war lion), but I think it would still do better, but as always - try things for yourself.
Does Cyber Dranzer exist? I saw a guy called Dio on wbo selling one and it looks so real ! Even if it's not real, how did he make it look like the actual bey? Sorry I sound clueless but I'm really curious to know.
The only Cyber series bey released was Cyber Dragoon. dio made his Cyber series beys by combining plastic parts from different beys. And then, he probably coloured it and put custom stickers to make it look real
(Jul. 17, 2012  3:51 AM)Fong Wrote: Does Cyber Dranzer exist? I saw a guy called Dio on wbo selling one and it looks so real ! Even if it's not real, how did he make it look like the actual bey? Sorry I sound clueless but I'm really curious to know.

He gathers parts which look similar to the one shown in the anime, and then gets parts from other toys, and then customizes it etc.
In addition he uses modeling putting to alter the look of the parts to the bey he wants.
What is the best plastic bey I should get to start a plastics Collection?

Does this make sense?
There's not really a "best bey," but to answer your question it really depends on what you're looking for. If you're planning on getting a few more beyblades at once, it might be worth it to get both a Wolborg 2 and maybe a Driger S. If you're looking for a OHKO beyblade, Dragoon V2's a good purchase. But it depends on price, too. As in, you could get a Dragoon G for $15 which isn't a bad buy (The AR is good), but you could also spend $50 on a Dranzer V2 which has a few good pieces. It all depends on a lot of things...
Are any parts of Rushing Boar actually useful?
No it doesn't. I want to do articles on the random booster beys but we can't create articles just through assumptions.
Is Galux just a pink recolor of Galeon?
Or are there actually major differences between the two?
We've been over this several times recently so do a search for Galux.
I don't think there's any more room in the title to add "STOP ASKING ABOUT GALUX AND SEARCH PLEASE", maybe I'll throw together a FAQ when I have time.
Are their any right spin zombies? Also ive had some combo help using driger v2,S and metal driger being one combo and driger S,G and wolborg 4 as the second combo but what exactly are they type wise?
You can't steal spin if you're in the same spin direction as your opponent, but any zombie works in right spin too against a left spin opponent, and some right spin limited parts become available (Bearing Base and Wing Cross for example) and it obviously affects which Ar's work best.

First set:
AR: Tiger Defenser (Driger S)
WD: 10 Heavy (Metal Driger)
SG: Neo Right SG (Driger V2) with a Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger).
BB: Metal Change Base (Driger S)
Compact

As well as
AR: Driger V2
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Right SG + Heavy Metal Core
SP: Driger V2
BB: Driger V2
Upper Attack, albeit more balance-type

Obviously, you have to move over the WD and SG from the Driger S combo. The Driger V2 one is more aggressive while the driger S one is more balanced.

Second set:
AR: Tiger Defenser (Driger S)
WD: 10 Balance (Driger V2)
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor) (Wolborg 4)
BB: Normal Base Wolborg 4 Ver.
Defense/Balance combo.

As well as
AR: Triple Tiger (Driger G)
WD: 10 Wide (Wolborg 4)
SG: Right SG (Driger S)
BB: Metal Change Base (Driger S).
As a passable attacker.

Really though, the types don't mean anything much competitively anyway... Just make the combos and look at how they perform...
Well see I've tried the last combo except with a 8 heavy against driger s/10heavy/driger g EG and BB and it did nothing but get outspun...
(Jul. 18, 2012  7:52 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Well see I've tried the last combo except with a 8 heavy against driger s/10heavy/driger g EG and BB and it did nothing but get outspun...

And you don't think 10 Wide would help prevent those outspins from occuring against an awkwardly tall opponent with central weight distribution, given you have a sloped AR that even without a central weight distribution is able to destabilise opponents (particularly tall ones)?

Nonetheless, that's by far the weakest combination up there, and should really only be used against things the wolborg 4 combo can't outspin, but it does outspin the combo you listed.
(Jul. 18, 2012  7:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: AR: Driger V2
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Right SG + Heavy Metal Core
SP: Driger V2
BB: Driger V2
Upper Attack, albeit more balance-type

I really really really love this set-up!
I know that you suggested this combo using the Beys listed by Sniperâ„¢, but what do you think about this combo with a Wide Defence instead of the 10 Heavy?

I was trying a couple of combos, to find some interesting customizations for our Plastic&HMS Remembrance Day, and with a Wide Defence I've seen that it's quite aggressive as always, but it's harder to defeat in stamina!
I've not used that specific setup with Wide Defense, but back when I used a driger v2 setup with my ariel 2 tip, I had one concern - it seemed to impede the slopes slightly.

That said, I will try it out today, haha.