[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Sep. 20, 2015  2:43 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Ok so I am starting to collect plastics and I remember Brad saying that I should get a zombie and a smash attacker first. What are the beys that have the relative (not super rare or expensive) best parts for this? And also how about the best parts for a good defense bey? I guess there may be no one best for each kind, so I guess I will ask what are the best cheapest top tier parts to make these 3 good beys? And what beys do they come from? Thanks in advance guys : )

The general consensus around here says you want to pick up driger s, wolborg 4, trygle or griffolyon, seaborg, metal driger, and a wide defense or two. All of those are relatively cheap in my eyes.

With those, you can make a good zombie/defense combo like
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4)
CEW: Circle Survivor

And for smash you would get something like
AR:Triple Wing/Cross Griffon
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo right Heavy Metal Core
BB: Defense grip base (inverted tip)
which blade base has the best LAD ability, i've been using dranzer S' sprial change base for my LAD combo's, but i was wondering if there are better LAD blade bases.
Zombie's typically use the bases with the best LAD (for obvious reasons) so yeah. However i'm pretty sure Dranzer S' is the best for LAD or very close.
In my experience, the wide defense weight disk is hard to find on its own and normally only comes with the pricier beys but regularly pops up in ebay bundles that'll give you a decent number of beyblades for your money along with it.

As for best life after death base, Dranzer S' Spiral Change Base is your best bet for a cheap and readily available one but Wolborg's isn't bad either and I hear Wolborg 4's oversized engine gear tip piece is excellent.

Jumping Base is actually pretty good at life after death but still fails due to the poor "life" that preceeds that.
For wide defence and wide survivor they are in plastic lots on YJA so i'd just wait for one and go for it. Although one that has good other stuff too to make it worthwhile.
Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it : )
Yeah I lost an eBay auction with some today Crying
Somebody here probably won it
WHO WAS IT!!!!
Haha, jk. No big deal, another one will pop up on YJA soon i'm sure. Hopefully I get one or two with a couple of the lots I am already getting anyway. Don't really know much about the rings inside them
(Sep. 20, 2015  6:25 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: In my experience, the wide defense weight disk is hard to find on its own and normally only comes with the pricier beys but regularly pops up in ebay bundles that'll give you a decent number of beyblades for your money along with it.

As for best life after death base, Dranzer S' Spiral Change Base is your best bet for a cheap and readily available one but Wolborg's isn't bad either and I hear Wolborg 4's oversized engine gear tip piece is excellent.

Jumping Base is actually pretty good at life after death but still fails due to the poor "life" that preceeds that.

Oki has 1 or 2 wide defenses for 700 yen as of late.
why do the tips of the engine gear blades tilt to one side a bit, is this normal? if this is normal is there a way to fix this?
(Sep. 21, 2015  1:21 AM)username786 Wrote: why do the tips of the engine gear blades tilt to one side a bit, is this normal? if this is normal is there a way to fix this?

It happens over time, probably the metal shaft tearing through the plastic of the Engine Gear.
You should be fine.
Hi guys, would 40USD-ish be good to purchase this lot? http://olx.ph/item/original-beyblade-rep...id73085724

As per Hato and Kai-V's help, the beys were identified for me: Draciel V2, Dragoon G, V2, V, Dranzer V2, V, Gaia Dragoon V, Vortex Ape, Burning Kerberous and Driger V (along with a electronic Dragoon V)

Thanks!
(Oct. 05, 2015  2:48 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Hi guys, would 40USD-ish be good to purchase this lot? http://olx.ph/item/original-beyblade-rep...id73085724

As per Hato and Kai-V's help, the beys were identified for me: Draciel V2, Dragoon G, V2, V, Dranzer V2, V, Gaia Dragoon V, Vortex Ape, Burning Kerberous and Driger V (along with a electronic Dragoon V)

Thanks!

Definitely. Dragoon V2 alone is worth that much.
(Oct. 05, 2015  3:41 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2015  2:48 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Hi guys, would 40USD-ish be good to purchase this lot? http://olx.ph/item/original-beyblade-rep...id73085724

Thanks!

Definitely. Dragoon V2 alone is worth that much.

Holy balls.
Nice lot. BK, V2.
Driger V isn't that common either.
Wolborg 4 was made in grey and light blue right? (being light blue -ice blue- rather expensive)

Or there was another recolour?

EDIT: Is there Circle Survivor combo that moves more arround the stadium? (or similar to Driger's Change Bases)
(Oct. 08, 2015  2:05 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Wolborg 4 was made in grey and light blue right? (being light blue -ice blue- rather expensive)

EDIT: Is there Circle Survivor combo that moves more arround the stadium? (or similar to Driger's Change Bases)

As far as I'm concerned, the normal and ice blue colors are the only versions of Wolborg 4.
(Oct. 08, 2015  2:05 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Wolborg 4 was made in grey and light blue right? (being light blue -ice blue- rather expensive)

I don't know how you'd go about doing that unless the tip of the CED was super worn.
How much is a Blizzard Orthrus NIP worth nowadays?

I do not own a Wolborg 4 but, from what I can see in pictures, it has a very nearly flat tip, much akin to Zeus, albeit far less wide. It is, therefore, possible that a particularly compact combo or a well banked launch might increase its motion but the large dish built into the tip will not help this.
The parts I've found work best with Zeus' tip are Rock Bison's base (very similar to Wolborg 4's, not sure which is better), Ten Heavy and Dragoon S' AR. Try those with that tip and see if it makes any difference.
(Oct. 10, 2015  12:18 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: How much is a Blizzard Orthrus NIP worth nowadays?

As far as I could see there are only dark blue versions on the market right now and those are about 200$. They've been listed for a very long time though, so I assume they'd go for about 150.
Could anyone who owns Bound Attacker try and use the attack ring in an attack combo please? I just got a NIB hasbro one but the AR is very loose and it just makes the whole beyblade explode when I try to use it in an attack combo.

(Oct. 10, 2015  12:18 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: How much is a Blizzard Orthrus NIP worth nowadays?

They're only really available from YJA these days (although I guess that's how it's generally always been). I think I got my New In Packaging one for between 7000 and 8000 yen.
(Oct. 10, 2015  8:34 AM)Ultra Wrote: Could anyone who owns Bound Attacker try and use the attack ring in an attack combo please? I just got a NIB hasbro one but the AR is very loose and it just makes the whole beyblade explode when I try to use it in an attack combo.

I only have the Takara version AR, but this one is actually not loose at all.
(Oct. 10, 2015  3:06 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:

I do not own a Wolborg 4 but, from what I can see in pictures, it has a very nearly flat tip, much akin to Zeus, albeit far less wide. It is, therefore, possible that a particularly compact combo or a well banked launch might increase its motion but the large dish built into the tip will not help this.
The parts I've found work best with Zeus' tip are Rock Bison's base (very similar to Wolborg 4's, not sure which is better), Ten Heavy and Dragoon S' AR. Try those with that tip and see if it makes any difference.

It's not very flat; basically nothing like Zeus.
Why would you use Reverse Dragon on that combination, though? Lack of Parts?
i was wondering do you get the dragoon figure shown on the box
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-JAPAN-VIN...1191072106
what's the base that griffolyon 2 has? And the name of the cyber dragoon (battle specs)sub-attack ring?
Hello again guys I'm getting into plastics more. Can you advice me what beys are at least worthy to buy from this lot?

[Image: b7fknc.jpg]
(Oct. 11, 2015  1:36 AM)Meta madness Wrote: what's the base that griffolyon 2 has? And the name of the cyber dragoon (battle specs)sub-attack ring?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...Parts_List