[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

You mean MFB Attack? I agree in that case, though it is FAR too KO-Friendly (not attack friendly, KO friendly). I really dislike it, but it's better than other things (TB's exits are way too small IMO, and TBTS is, as you said, tiny (and also not legal)).
Why is Dragoon G's AR, Eight Spiker, "unable to make use of Grip Base"? (quoted from beywiki)
(Feb. 28, 2012  3:54 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Why is Dragoon G's AR, Eight Spiker, "unable to make use of Grip Base"? (quoted from beywiki)
EDIT:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/..._Grip_Base
BeyWiki could have helped to find your answer, as well.
Has anyone ever modded a jumping base (Jumping Driger) to have a stronger spring (obviously illegal)? I loved mine to death but didn't want to use it more than three times due to wear.
No. I've owned two though.
I have a TT one in perfect condition except it's missing the tip :V
The tip?

It comes with three different tips :c

AR: Upper Dragoon (master/kid dragoon)
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Jumping Base (Sharp Tip)

Is pretty cool to play around with, very luck based but it can net outspins by jumping away right at the end of the battle so it survives a little longer.
? I dont understand. Jumping Base came with one "tip" right? "Tips" arent even considered parts in Plastics, and are just lumped together with either the BB or SG...

I miss the days were lucky based combos had competative use. To bad that doesn't even exist in MFB...

Do Cyber Dragoon and Trygle share a SG and BB, or is there a difference?

Which base had mkre competative value, the Trygle BB or Jumping Base? Obviously they basicly hane none, but to rephrase my question, which one is the most fun to play with? Which one seems to win more often?

I never owned Jumping Base, sadly, but Trygle was always a good time.

Speaking of, what would happen if the Takara Trypio AR was used with either Jumping Base or Trygle's BB? (cant remember name)(i believe that only Takara's version of the AR can only "fly" in left spin, and Hasbri's cannot fly at all, but is more useful competativly, even though its outclassed anyway)
(Feb. 28, 2012  12:30 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: ? I dont understand. Jumping Base came with one "tip" right? "Tips" arent even considered parts in Plastics, and are just lumped together with either the BB or SG...

No, I just said it came with three tips because it comes with one, and specified a specific shape of tip because there is only one tip, and the article says that it comes with three tips because it comes with one tip. Serious

The SG and BB's are different. Different tip shapes, different sorts of casings, sizes, etc. The bases, well, you can find images of both easily, Jumping Base 2 (Cyber Dragoon) has a trypio-like part (slightly smaller), which, when hit, releases the spring and spins relatively freely. Jumping Base (Trygle) has two fragile ski-like parts.

Trygle's is more useful as it can KO stuff sometimes in weird gimmicky combos.

The actual idea with trypio's AR is to put the AR itself on a right spin launcher, with the launcher upside down (prongs facing up, top side of trypio's AR facing up). It flies nicely like that. You can use a left SG to make flying combos but they need to be light, I usually use wide survivor and trygle's sg with no base for shock absorption on landing and light weight. Still not legal.

Using those bases and such just weighs it down a lot, and, in left spin, trypio's flying defense has bad stability.

Hasbro's has niche use, but really was only good in hasbro stadiums on Storm grip where it could push defensively weak opponents into pockets and couldn't fall in them itself due to its width.

someone please sand the little prongs off the side of Trygle's SG (SG Jumping Ver.) then mess around with Customize Grip Base + Upper Attack SP or like Wolborg's BB and Trypio's AR or just use your imagination.
I'm afraid you'll have to explain a little better exactly what you mean. I can spare an SG Jumping Ver to try ridiculous things if need be.
@th!nk: For me, Trypio always scraped the stadium after losing balance, and lost all spin power relatively quickly. Saying the AR actualy has minor competative value comes as a shock to me, but you would know more than I would, so I do not doubt you, haha.

I never did use Trypio with any major attack bases. Come to think of it, I don't believe I owned many attack bases at all, only a few. Most of my beys had Semi-Flats (as that was arguebly the most common part variant in plastics), and I remember only having 3 or 4 super aggresive beys. Maybe 5?
(Feb. 28, 2012  4:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'm afraid you'll have to explain a little better exactly what you mean. I can spare an SG Jumping Ver to try ridiculous things if need be.

Trygles jumping Spin Gear piece SHOULD fit inside Customize Grip Base if you sand off the prongs on the side that allow Trygle's BB to lock the spring in the compressed position.

It would be illegal I guess but it could be really fun to play with.
(Feb. 29, 2012  1:28 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: @th!nk: For me, Trypio always scraped the stadium after losing balance, and lost all spin power relatively quickly. Saying the AR actualy has minor competative value comes as a shock to me, but you would know more than I would, so I do not doubt you, haha.

I never did use Trypio with any major attack bases. Come to think of it, I don't believe I owned many attack bases at all, only a few. Most of my beys had Semi-Flats (as that was arguebly the most common part variant in plastics), and I remember only having 3 or 4 super aggresive beys. Maybe 5?

Yeah, the whole idea was being really low to the ground so you didn't get destabilised and then shoving your opponent out. It was a reliable enough way to kill zombies in hasbro stadiums.

Trypio sucked carps but it looked cool.

(Feb. 29, 2012  2:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2012  4:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'm afraid you'll have to explain a little better exactly what you mean. I can spare an SG Jumping Ver to try ridiculous things if need be.

Trygles jumping Spin Gear piece SHOULD fit inside Customize Grip Base if you sand off the prongs on the side that allow Trygle's BB to lock the spring in the compressed position.

It would be illegal I guess but it could be really fun to play with.

Interesting, I'll look into it and let you know Smile
I remember always thinking to myself how cool Trypio looked, and even though in the back of my head I knew Trypio sucked, I always wanted to try and use it to see if it could win just a few times

I had never thought of that before. What would one call that type of beyblade style? The, "Get out of my @#$-ing way" attack type? How obnoxious, haha Wink
It was just generally referred to as an attack combination, hah.

Currently, beywiki states that with a low BB the hasbro mold can be used to defeat spin stealers because it is hard to steal spin from, I haven't had any luck with that in tornado attack, it just gets pushed into the ground and dies.
I do remember a battle with a Dragoon variant that somehow won in Hasbro Trypio's favor. Is it possible that Hasbro Trypio's AR has spin stealing/equalization properties of its own, when used with the right combo?

If there was a large enough interest/People still owned hasbro plastic gen stadiums, because Hasbro's crappy old plastics gen stadiums did not last longer than a month, I would start up a new hasbro thread for the plastics era, haha. Perhaps the Hasbro Trypio AR really only works well in the Hasbro stadiums it was intended for?
I guess but it sucks at everything because it scrapes and has really bad stability. It probably just won because dragoon's have terrible stamina and you can't pocket a trypio in a hasbro stadium.

Ugh, no, you can find plenty out about it from stuff on the wiki, just look at the Bistool article for example. Sagittario_RollEyes
Yes, we do have stuff in hasbro stadiums on the wiki that doesn't apply to the legal stadiums even remotely yet was used to write articles. Yes, it is just a total delight for me having to separate the good stuff from the ridiculous stuff like that which only works in hasbro stadiums and try to deal with the fact that everyone considers that sort of stuff as "Immutable fact due to tradition" or whatever. Loads of fun. Speechless Loads.

Honestly, my fake Takara Trypio sucked there too, and the combo was still quite niche anyway.
I give credit where credit is due. You basicly rebuilt the Plastics meta Grin. You have done so much already to fix the misinformation of the past, and re-test everything, and re-inform the community about the changes to the old game. That is alot of great effort there.

Correction, you can barley pocket anything in a Hasbro stadium, haha. Trypio's AR was just a kick in the pants. Although I do remember the old Hasbro stadiums having somewhat deeper pockets than the current BMF/BMM ones we have now. And why did Hasbro abandone the 3-sided stadium? It doesnt feel right playing in 2 sided stadiums...

Thanks for all your help, as always, the great and mystical plastic th!nk, haha Grin
Hah, thanks, but I didn't do it alone, haha, plenty of others have helped and I had to learn from somewhere anyway.

Heh, I used to be able to pocket attack types in them in plastics. Well, they used to pocket themselves.
Two sided looks more EXTREEEEEME, I guess :c

Pah, I'm hardly mystical, just very good at wasting money on plastic spinning tops Wink
I consider myself a formal expert on Plastics-era Hasbro Stadia(and I still own one in very good condition). I could pocket, I could KO, and in more than one instance, but in most cases, mid-air KOing was the way I succeeded with Attack-type tips.

SG Metal Change dominates in Hasbro Stadia, as well as the Dranzer V2 base.

My expertise is purely by memory, though. Blizzard Bowl was always my favorite.
Credit should also go to users like Ultra, but it is clear that you have wanted this from the get-go, and you had the desire and will to have it happen too.

I was about to make a joke about how the next generation of beyblade hasbro releases would have a stadium with just one side to it, but then I realized that is just every single gimmicky XTS stadium like these crappy Graffiti Den's. Skater Blader BRO! Tired

I would much rather spend money on plastics than MFB, but such is life. MFB just fills the void in my heart left there when plastics stopped being made, and my parents sold all my beybaldes Unhappy

If there is the rarest MFB in existance on a shelf for $5, and a common plastics blade on the same shelf for the same price, and I can only buy one...
hey th!nk pointed this Q&A forum. and i was hoping somebody could build me some good plastic combos. here's a complete list of blades i have:
Dragoon G
Draciel G
Dranzer G
Driger G
Rock Bison
Driger V2
Driger S(sono kong, improberly moled parts, but still useable)
Dranzer V
Master Dragoon
Flash Leopard 2
Griffolyon
Flame Pegasus
Wolborg
Trypio(hasbro)
Dragoon F
and a random combo with a red kellogs AR, 6 balance and flat(from roller attacker) <-- I know the kellogs AR's aren't legal for tournaments, but this is just for fun. and i also have a purple kellogs AR.
Sweet okay.

You really need better attack bases, but yeah.

Smash Attack:

AR: Griffolyon
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Right SG
BB: Dragoon F
Can also use Driger G's AR, or Dragoon G's and a Left SG

Driger V2 is good uncustomized, a 10 Heavy and an MG Core will improve it, get Metal Driger for the HMC.

AR: Driger G
WD: 10 Wide/10 Balance/10 Heavy (probably wide though)
SG: Dranzer V (it's got a slightly shorter magnet in the MG Core, making the base lower to the ground. Don't use that SG wherever else I say MG Core though, it's lighter.)
BB: Dranzer V (Attack Mode)

Put a 10 Heavy on Driger S, it'll improve, though the sonokong gold ones can't fit HMC's.

If you get wide defense/survivor WD's, you can make a basic zombie, too, though a better base (dragon V2's or at least wolborg 2's, or, if you get a neo left SG somehow (dragoon V/V2), burning kerberous's base and SG), would be much preferred.

thanks. and i thought metal driger had a HMC & master driger had a normal right SG. and my driger s isn't gold. must be a sono kong thing Confused