Plastic Testings

Hey Community Smile

I've collected a good amount of plastic beyparts within the last years. And as I want to help out in a way, I would do some testings (if they're needed).

Competitive Parts:

If you guys want to request anything else: Let me know Wink

Test #1: Smash Attack
AR: Cross Griffon
WD: Magnetic WD
SG: Neo Right SG (Metal Weight)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

Test #2: War Bear Saucer
AR: War Bear
SAR: Dragon Saucer
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Core)
SG Shaft: SG (Bearing Version 2)
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customize Grip Base

Test #3: Tornado Staller
AR: Tiger Defenser
SG: Neo Left SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Metal Flat 2

Test #4: Square Edge 4 Smash
AR: Square Edge
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Defense Grip Base (tip inverted)

Test #5: Smash Attack vs. Weight Based Defense
AR: Try Cutter
WD: Heavy Attack

AR: Dark Wing

AR: Triple Tiger

AR: Eight Spiker
WD: Magna Weight Disk (North up)
SG: Neo Left SG (South Magna Core)
can you do
Ar: Cross Griffin
Wd: Magne
Sg: Neo right with metal weight core
Bb: SG Metal flat 2
Test #1:

AR: Cross Griffon
WD: Magnetic WD
SG: Neo Right SG (Metal Weight)

Opponents (Click to View)

Smash Attack vs. Weight Based Defense
WB Defense always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Smash Attack: 7 (6 OS, 1 KO)
WB Defense: 13 (9 OS, 4 KO)
Smash Attack Win %: 35.0%

Smash Attack vs. Upper Attack
Upper Attack launched first on even launches, Smash Attack launched first on odd.
Smash Attack: 11 (11 OS, 0 KO)
Upper Attack: 9 (5 OS, 4 KO)
Smash Attack Win %: 55.0%

Smash Attack vs. Circle Survivor
Circle Survivor always launched first.
Smash Attack: 1 (1 OS, 0 KO)
Circle Survivor: 9 (8 OS, 1 KO)
Smash Attack Win %: 10.0%

Smash Attack vs. Spin Stealing Upper Attack
SSUA launched first on even launches, Smash Attack launched first on odd.
Smash Attack: 8 (1 OS, 7 KO)
SSUA: 12 (3 OS, 9 KO)
Smash Attack Win %: 40.0%

Tell me if you need more testings.
Yeah Metal Flat 2 really doesn't do well against Customize Metal Change in my experience. Oh and you forgot the list SP of the weight based combo.
Yeah... it had struggle to do effective hits as it doesn't have the grip... and yeah thanks, haven't noticed that, edited it Smile
i forgot to mention the name of my combo
it's Acinonyx

and please do more testing
In that case you need to tell us the purpose of your combo, i.e. what it should be used for. It didn't perform that well against any combo I've tested so far. I've done some rounds against Defensive Zombie as well and Metal Flat 2 is neither able to K.O. nor to outspin the combo. Furthermore it seems pretty light with Magnetic WD and Metal Weight, it has had big problems against Weight Based Defense because of that.
could you test this combo:

AR: holy despell
s-ar: dragon saucer
wd: wide survivor
bb:bearing base.

thanx!
Do you want me to use the classic Bearing Base (Metal Dragoon) or should I use the SG Bearing Base casing (I guess along with Defense Grip Base 2 BB)? I will use Metal Dragoon's tip in both cases.
actually, try using sg bearing base 2 with draciel fortress's bb.
So the rubber tip of SG Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2)? I can also use Neo Right SG with its double bearing as casing for the tip. And I guess 4 metal balls?
Edit: You're right, I forgot that only one pair of metal balls is legal.
I have a couple of things for you

Sub-AR: Dragon Saucer
SG: Neo-Left SG (Double Bearing Core)

I want to see it used as an alternative to twin horn, because it has a similar shape. Pros being that it's heavier, and cons being that its shape isn't that efficient for left spin. Th!nk said that it functions the same as most dragon saucer based combos should, but I want to see some results from it.

The next combo:

AR: Tiger Defenser
SG: Neo Left (HMC)

Originally Wombat's idea as a tornado staller. I'd like to see if it can actually bring in some results. I only really want to see it used against Twin Saucer the most though, and you'd want to launch it with a tornado stall.

The final combo (Depends if you have the AR or not):

AR: Square Edge
SG: Neo Left (HMC) (But I guess it works in both directions)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Inverted)

I want to finally put this theory to rest. It's supposedly really good as a smash attacker, and apparently brings good results against Twin Saucer. Test it against pure stamina, Twin Saucer, and Weight Based Defense

Thanks!
Uh Square Edge is good based on what? th!nk tested literally everything for his tier list so I kinda doubt it, although he may not have owned it (I doubt this possibility too though since he owned like every part). Also i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be for Defence not Attack.
I don't think he ever owned it. Grab one and try it. You wont be disappointed. That and Neo Cross Horn are my two favorites for attack currently
(Mar. 20, 2016  10:52 PM)Ultra Wrote: Uh Square Edge is good based on what? th!nk tested literally everything for his tier list so I kinda doubt it, although he may not have owned it (I doubt this possibility too though since he owned like every part). Also i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be for Defence not Attack.

That's why I'm asking about it, we've had user testimonials say that it's good, but no actual tests for it. I doubt it could even be used for defense because of the recoil you get from it either way.

Quote:Manta Diver: First off, please tell me people aren't calling it OHKO again. It's Smash Attack. Just strong, recoil-y Smash Attack. If you only get one hit in before being useless then it's just unreliable strong, recoil-y Smash Attack and you should use a competitive strong, recoil-y Smash Attack AR instead. There are already a plethora of great options for Smash and looking at it I'd be surprised if it wasn't a case of "unreliable strong, recoil-y smash attack". Maybe someday when I'm not stone broke I'll try to get my hands on one and give it a shot, just for old times' sake. Not a big deal though, one more good smash AR in the very large pile, if it works, it works.

Leads me to believe that he hasn't tested it for attack.
Unfortunately I do not own it... had a couple chances to get it, but I never thought it would be good.
I can do the other tests of course Smile

Zoroaste: Would you do testings on Square Edge? Would be interesting.
We saw how my last thread trying to change something in the plastics meta went (really bad), not looking to do that again. I will offer my opinion and people can take it or leave it.
So that means that you won't share any testings for Square Edge because some of us disagreed with the idea to put Defense Grip Base tip in Metal Ball Base? I mean I believe you that Square Edge is a decent AR - at least it looks pretty promising to me... -, but yeah, test results are used to tell how good a combo is and against which combos it has advantages/disadvatages. And as the WBO is not floated by owners of Manta Diver it would be nice if you could help us writing down how good it is Wink
(Mar. 21, 2016  2:58 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: We saw how my last thread trying to change something in the plastics meta went (really bad), not looking to do that again. I will offer my opinion and people can take it or leave it.

What are you referring to?
I am talking about my Seaborg tip in SG Metal Ball base thread. I don't want to argue points anymore. I tend to take it too personally. I lost a friend over it last time and it is not worth it to me. If you guys wanna believe what I say about parts or whatever then cool. If not then thats cool too. Ultimately I don't really care and don't want to get worked up about it
Surprised to hear that. Just read through the thread and everyone seemed quite cordial to me. Oh well. You do you.
Acinonyx is mostly a Anti-Stamina and what i call a Smash-destabilizer
Uh what. All you did was change Wide Defence to a worst weight disk. It's still the same combo. It doesn't destabilize and it's still just smash attack.
Test #2:

SAR: Dragon Saucer
SG: Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Core)

Opponents (Click to View)

War Saucer = War Lion AR / Great Tiger AR & Dragon Saucer SAR
Bear Saucer = War Bear AR & Dragon Saucer SAR
Twin Saucer = Twin Horn AR & Dragon Saucer SAR

War Bear Saucer vs. Weight Based Defense
WB Defense launched first on even launches, Bear Saucer launched first on odd.
Bear Saucer: 9 (9 OS, 0 KO)
WB Defense: 1 (0 OS, 1 KO)
Bear Saucer Win %: 90.0%

War Bear Saucer vs. Dragon Saucer Screw Zeus
Bear Saucer always launched first.
Bear Saucer: 14 (13 OS, 1 KO)
DSSZ: 6 (0 OS, 6 KO)
Bear Saucer Win %: 70.0%
War Saucer Win %: 53.0% (by NEO, DSSZ with Uriel 2's tip instead)
Twin Horn Win %: 79.0% (by NEO)

War Bear Saucer vs. Circle Survivor
Circle Survivor launched first on even launches, Bear Saucer launched first on odd.
Bear Saucer: 14 (14 OS, 0 KO)
Circle Survivor: 6 (6 OS, 0 KO)
Bear Saucer Win %: 70.0%
War Saucer Win %: 57.0% (by NEO)
Twin Horn Win %: 100.0% (by NEO)

As you can see War Bear did a pretty good job against each of the three combos. On the downside, it seems to perform worse than Twin Horn, but I actually don't have a reason why. The test against Circle Survivor was kind of frustrating with 19 ties in total.
@Shirayuki: Tell me if you need something else.