Plastic Beyblade parts testing requests

(Jul. 17, 2014  8:06 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Yeah sounds good
Just a word of advice never to use cybernetic dragon; jus smash is minisclule compared to its recoil. You'll be lucky to tie with it

For a part to have any recoil, it needs to have smash, coupled with a light weight, which it does have a light weight, but as you said, not high smash.
Are you kidding 0.o
Cybernetic Dragon is one of the best right spin smash ARs.
It's like Spike Dragon but more reliable.
All you need is some weight and a rubber flat. Perhaps Defense Grip Inverted, or Grip Base. The latter isn't as reliable, it's too light. You can use HMC on Defense Grip Inverted.
It's essentially based on th!nk's testing, I believe.

Cybernetic Dragoon is one of the Hyper-aggro parts, along with Corona Saber etc

A Hyper-aggro AR plus grippy base makes a high-risk, high-reward bey.

Okay seriously,

Draciels never have any competitive ARs.
MBD and Draciel S are the only competitive beys in that line.

Neo's a big fan of the OHKO hyper-aggro style from what I've gathered, which is contrary to the general concensus of reliable attacker for competitive play, so it's not surprising that folk disagree with his AR choices.
(Jul. 17, 2014  4:35 PM)TortoiseGrenade Wrote: It's essentially based on th!nk's testing, I believe.

Cybernetic Dragoon is one of the Hyper-aggro parts, along with Corona Saber etc

A Hyper-aggro AR plus grippy base makes a high-risk, high-reward bey.

Okay seriously,

Draciels never have any competitive ARs.
MBD and Draciel S are the only competitive beys in that line.

Neo's a big fan of the OHKO hyper-aggro style from what I've gathered, which is contrary to the general concensus of reliable attacker for competitive play, so it's not surprising that folk disagree with his AR choices.

I don't want to say Draciel ARs are good. That's not what I said. I don't want Ten Spike to be good, and I don't consider it good. I just want to figure out if there's a usage.

As for Hyper Aggressive ARs, you are right that they're unreliable. I'm just saying I've learned how to control attack rings that can land big hits. I actually encourage people try things like these; because if you can use them well, you don't need to use ARs that are deemed good for surviving and dishing out hits like Eight Spiker or Cross Attacker.
And hey; at least I'm not suggesting you use Driger F's fragile as hell AR.. And my Upper Force Ring combo was made for fun mostly.
Th!nk fully investigated a lot of the OHKO parts (of which Cybernetic Dragoon is definitely one of them) and found that for most of them once they were paired with a Uriel 2 base that could control the immense recoil there was no point using them.
Oh my, there is no hope for Draciel V. The thing is so damn AWFUL...
The spin gear is the most useful part.

(Aug. 04, 2014  2:26 AM)Ultra Wrote: Th!nk fully investigated a lot of the OHKO parts (of which Cybernetic Dragoon is definitely one of them) and found that for most of them once they were paired with a Uriel 2 base that could control the immense recoil there was no point using them.

I found a reliable use for Cybernetic Dragon; in Left Spin it's actually a very good smash attack wheel. A watered down G-Upper, in a way..
Neo, any chance of some videos using the Hyper-Aggro ARs like cybernetic dragoon?
(Aug. 04, 2014  1:31 PM)TortoiseGrenade Wrote: Neo, any chance of some videos using the Hyper-Aggro ARs like cybernetic dragoon?

I'll see what I can do.
iPhone Camera should be good enough, I hope,
(Aug. 04, 2014  1:36 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I'll do some when I get back. With the Uriel tip?

Ah thanks very much Poseidon.
I was hoping to see bump king, cybernetic dragoon etc with my own eyes so I can really learn about its OHKO potential.
I'd never burn up a Uriel tip on a request though, that's mighty generous haha. Don't feel obliged to use it.

(Aug. 04, 2014  9:09 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2014  1:31 PM)TortoiseGrenade Wrote: Neo, any chance of some videos using the Hyper-Aggro ARs like cybernetic dragoon?

I'll see what I can do.

Great, cheers Neo.
(Aug. 05, 2014  1:34 AM)TortoiseGrenade Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2014  1:36 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I'll do some when I get back. With the Uriel tip?

Ah thanks very much Poseidon.
I was hoping to see bump king, cybernetic dragoon etc with my own eyes so I can really learn about its OHKO potential.
I'd never burn up a Uriel tip on a request though, that's mighty generous haha. Don't feel obliged to use it.

(Aug. 04, 2014  9:09 PM)Neo Wrote:

I'll see what I can do.

Great, cheers Neo.

Definitely.
I'd love to show off those Attack Rings.
With Seaborg Base? Storm Grip?
Hah, I'd love to see someone Self-Destruct a Uriel 2. Would I feel sad? Yup. Would it be AWESOME? YUP.
Call me new to this, but while looking at how much people really hate on Torch/Flame Pegasus just because of how it is made, and how gimmicky it is... I got to theory crafting last night.

What if its gimmick is its strength? Has anyone extensively tested its parts for all around potential?
While playing around with it, I took note that because it uses a Gyro Gear instead of the normal spin gear/engine gear + weight disk combo, it had a bit of Life After Death with it, and with the plain shape of the Wing Upper AR, it had some spin stealing promise.

So it got me to thinking. Because of the BB being able to rotate in BOTH directions, could the Gyro Gear possibly have a zombie style to it, or a counter zombie style?

I would most likely recommend testing it with these parts:
AR: Tiger Defenser/War Lion
SG: Gyro Gear
BB: Engine Stopper Base (Free spin mode)
CEW: Metal Change

Now, this idea for a combo was strictly from the spin steal aspect of it. I'm not expecting it to work, given that the Gyro Gear can be very unsteady at times. If it does work, then I'd be a happy person.

Anyone mind testing this theory?
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:41 PM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Call me new to this, but while looking at how much people really hate on Torch/Flame Pegasus just because of how it is made, and how gimmicky it is... I got to theory crafting last night.

What if its gimmick is its strength? Has anyone extensively tested its parts for all around potential?
While playing around with it, I took note that because it uses a Gyro Gear instead of the normal spin gear/engine gear + weight disk combo, it had a bit of Life After Death with it, and with the plain shape of the Wing Upper AR, it had some spin stealing promise.

So it got me to thinking. Because of the BB being able to rotate in BOTH directions, could the Gyro Gear possibly have a zombie style to it, or a counter zombie style?

Now, this idea for a combo was strictly from the spin steal aspect of it. I'm not expecting it to work, given that the Gyro Gear can be very unsteady at times. If it does work, then I'd be a happy person.

It's only upside is being able to use 4 Layer ARs in Left Spin.
But since the upper portion gets stopped easily and stops rotating on the above portion.
It's banned from play anyways.
I quite enjoy the gimmick.
(Aug. 27, 2014  2:27 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2014  3:41 PM)FT-Sprite Wrote: Call me new to this, but while looking at how much people really hate on Torch/Flame Pegasus just because of how it is made, and how gimmicky it is... I got to theory crafting last night.

But since the upper portion gets stopped easily and stops rotating on the above portion.

Why is it banned? Just because it is a gimmick Beyblade? Doesn't sound like a good reason to me...
(Aug. 28, 2014  2:52 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  2:27 AM)Neo Wrote:

Why is it banned? Just because it is a gimmick Beyblade? Doesn't sound like a good reason to me...
It's a gimmick.
That's about it.
(Aug. 28, 2014  3:06 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  2:52 AM)FT-Sprite Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  2:27 AM)Neo Wrote: It's only upside is being able to use 4 Layer ARs in Left Spin.

It's a gimmick.
That's about it.

Now, I'm not going to be some major-line hotshot over this, but... Gimmick or not, I THINK it has the potential to be a good part, gimmick or not. That's why I would like it to be tested, regardless.. Sadly, I don't have the parts or the money to dish out for the parts at the moment, which is why I (obviously) came here. :c
Oh well... WBO will still be WBO, regardless of what the community wants.
Lol no one hates on it. It's just that the base sucks. The AR is alright for zombies. A bit under the performance of Tiger Defenser I thinl
I was actually playing around with mine a few days ago and I was pretty impressed by its performance, although I wouldn't honestly compare it as high as Tiger Defencer.
TBH, being a sucky base doesn't seem like fair reason to have a part banned.
Is there more to it?
I haven't looked into it but I think it's the way the EG must work. And whether it's launch without launcher is considered legal or whether it is to be considered an extra "boost" like an engine gear.
Honestly I wasn't even aware it was banned.
I don't know myself.
It's powerful though.
TP's Gyro BB can be launched either by using the Gyro Mode or the normal mode. Though it's mostly used with Gyro mode simply because of two reasons:
1. Normal mode has far less stamina and stability due to how the locking mechanism works.
2. The locking mechanism has a tenancy to retract itself mid-battle which can mess up how the gyro works.

Not to mention, by starting with free-spin you can easily take hits that would normally smash a blade out and only take a little bit of recoil and forcing your AR to stop spinning for a second or two.
TBH it is fun to use and probably should be unbanned. Not a game breaker.