Phantom as an attack wheel

I have recently tested the Phantom 4D wheel as an attack wheel. Now I know this sounds dumb, considering it's built for stamina, but I still think that Phantom has a lot of potential in the attack department. From the plastic gen, I learnt a lesson that for attack types,weight on the sides is a very vital component . So I decided to test the wheel in the MFB context. The combos I used were Phantom Pegasus(II) D: D , XGrin. I know this is even worse, but there are 2 reasons I didn't use Rubber Flat or Right Rubber Flat with smaller tracks
1.The RF and R2F need the beybattle to be finished quickly . Phantom can't do that, so using these tips will be suicide.
2.The plastic flats of the DGrin and XGrin don't give as much speed as an RF, but they allow more hits than it.
I used this combo against MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145 MB (sheer weight) in the BB10 attack type stadium. The results were as follows . (I will use D for Diablo Kerbecs and P for Phantom Pegasus)
1.D wins by sleep out (P used with DGrin)
2.P wins by knockout (P used with DGrin)
3.P wins by knockout ("""")
4. """ (P used with XGrin)
5. """ (""")
6. Draw (""")
7. P wins by knockout.( P used with DGrin)
Also I used a ripcord launcher for Phantom Pegasus and a String Launcher for Diablo. I launched them at the same time using my friends help. I think these results confirm my theory. Please note that I do not have a Metal Flat tip. Please help with your views.

Sorry, but the D signs in D: D and X: D have changed to smiles, please understand.
Pretty sure you need 20 test battles.(unsure?)
Also, I highly doubt this would be very valid consider one of you used a highly more powerful launcher in comparison to the weak standard ripcord launcher.

But, interesting idea. At least you have a BB-10 to test in.
I have used phantom in a few attack combos and i do like it. One of my favorite combos is Phantom 105R2f because the parts arent too hard to get and it is a good combo. I have no tests for it atm. If someone could get some for me that would be great
FYI, Phantom was one of the best Attack Wheels available upon its release, about on par with Beat actually, with the additional benefit of being able to sometimes outspin Basalt Defense customs, which were the staple back then.

However, just as Phantom's popularity as an Attack Wheel started to grow, it was quickly outclassed as an Attack Metal Wheel by the subsequent releases of VariAres and Blitz shortly after. Phantom's only competitive setup in Standard MFB Format today is in the low Track Stamina-Attack setup, Phantom Cygnus/Cancer/Hades 85/90 MF.

In the future, if you'd like to contribute tests for a certain combination or part, your tests must generally follow the guidelines in this post: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Posting-...#pid714101 Smile
But then i guess, Phantom is a good wheel for those who don't have Variares and Blitz.
That wouldn't really matter in a tournament, though. Most likely the opponent would have something that could outclass it. Plus, with Synchromes, I don't think it would do much to the opposing.
At least that's what I think.
(Nov. 12, 2015  6:44 AM)Upamanyu Wrote: But then i guess, Phantom is a good wheel for those who don't have Variares and Blitz.

Unfortunately, since better Wheels for Defense than Basalt have since been released, Phantom is no longer a relevant choice of Metal Wheel for Attack combos, as neither are Blitz nor VariAres. None of them can compete with top-tier Synchrome combinations.
(Nov. 12, 2015  4:10 AM)Angry Face Wrote: FYI, Phantom was one of the best Attack Wheels available upon its release, about on par with Beat actually, with the additional benefit of being able to sometimes outspin Basalt Defense customs, which were the staple back then.

However, just as Phantom's popularity as an Attack Wheel started to grow, it was quickly outclassed as an Attack Metal Wheel by the subsequent releases of VariAres and Blitz shortly after. Phantom's only competitive setup in Standard MFB Format today is in the low Track Stamina-Attack setup, Phantom Cygnus/Cancer/Hades 85/90 MF.

Just a small correction: VariAres and Blitz were actually released before Phantom. Phantom came out in September 2011, VariAres in July 2011, and Blitz in August 2011. I don't remember anyone really using it for Attack back then! At least in Toronto. It certainly does have an offensive upside, though. But yes, definitely outclassed at this point.
(Nov. 12, 2015  9:28 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2015  4:10 AM)Angry Face Wrote: FYI, Phantom was one of the best Attack Wheels available upon its release, about on par with Beat actually, with the additional benefit of being able to sometimes outspin Basalt Defense customs, which were the staple back then.

Just a small correction: VariAres and Blitz were actually released before Phantom. Phantom came out in September 2011, VariAres in July 2011, and Blitz in August 2011. I don't remember anyone really using it for Attack back then! At least in Toronto. It certainly does have an offensive upside, though. But yes, definitely outclassed at this point.

Oh, wow, should've done a bit of fact checking, lol. I think Phantom ___ AD145RF saw a little use in and around NC, but as Basalt's prominence diminished, Phantom Attack only began to see use as a surprise type combo. The combo's high point was that it could OS MF-H Basalt ___ BD145 CS even if it didn't KO it, and without stalling to boot.

It was also nice how after its little contact points wore down, Phantom only became a better Stamina Metal Wheel, ha.
(Nov. 12, 2015  4:49 PM)Neo Wrote: That wouldn't really matter in a tournament, though. Most likely the opponent would have something that could outclass it. Plus, with Synchromes, I don't think it would do much to the opposing.

The beauty of beyblade customizations.

Though speaking from the times I've used Phantom for attack sake, it's pretty interesting really. Though with the status' posted above it's combos are while i think iffy, seem to get the job done.
I had just gotten a Phantom Orion recently and have been using the Phantom wheel more for attack. In attack mode it seems to excel at upper attacks with a low track like 100 or 90. It is surprisingly good because of the high stamina and surprising amount of attack power especially when hitting from below. I've been testing it with a flat tip to give it more control and stamina as well to focus in on the opposing bey more quickly. Though my flat tip is really worn down. I'm sure metal flat or semi flat will work very well too though I don't have those parts yet.

(Nov. 12, 2015  4:49 PM)Neo Wrote: That wouldn't really matter in a tournament, though. Most likely the opponent would have something that could outclass it. Plus, with Synchromes, I don't think it would do much to the opposing.

Yeah it seems like it's easily countered with low tracked defense types but I'm also trying to find a good use in an attack combo.
Not really for attack, but they can be used as Tornado Stallers. Some examples are :-
1. Phantom Leone(2) 85MF
2. Phantom Leone(1) GB145MF
3. MF Phantom Fireblaze BD145HF/S