Performance Tip - Xtend

Quote:==Description==
Xtend is a Performance Tip with a manual height-change gimmick, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Change Height 120 Track and a wide flat base that has a small sharp tip protruding in its center, akin to a wider Fusion. Like Fusion, when launched straight down into the stadium, the protrusion in the center will keep the Beyblade stable and still in the center, preventing stamina loss. When Xtend is either knocked off balance by an opponent or launched at an angle, the flat base will make contact with the stadium, creating an aggressive movement pattern with speeds equal to Assault. However this aggressive movement is somewhat unreliable as the protrusion can slow it down in the center of the stadium or stop the movement entirely and the greater surface area makes it difficult to maintain a banking pattern.

By pulling and twisting the Tip, Xtend's height can be changed. When using Xtend's lower setting, it is the height of a standard Performance Tip, allowing the Layer of the Xtend combination and the opponent to impact each other directly. When using Xtend's higher setting, in theory, it's height would increase contact between the Xtend's combination’s Disc and Frame and the Opponent’s Layer. Such contact would prevent the Xtend combination from Bursting and instead cause the opponent to Burst. In practice however, the height of most Layers and the minimal change in height means that there will be contact with the Layers regardless. Furthermore, Xtend's height change is less than that of Tower, a Performance Tip that already had performance issues with too little height change.

==Overall==

We need a Driver that shrinks in height, not grows in height Takara Tomy
wouldnt the height in theory give better stamina due to the angle the bey wobbles at increased or is the change too minimal. Also I've noticed on Xtend that there seems to be a slope where the tip is. If launched at a very steep angle, would there be a increase in speed
(Mar. 17, 2018  4:50 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Xtend is a Performance Tip with a manual height-change gimmick, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Change Height 120 Track and a wide flat base that has a small sharp tip protruding in its center, akin to a wider Fusion. Like Fusion, when launched straight down into the stadium, the protrusion in the center will keep the Beyblade stable and still in the center, preventing stamina loss. When Xtend is either knocked off balance by an opponent or launched at an angle, the flat base will make contact with the stadium, creating an aggressive movement pattern with speeds equal to Assault. However this aggressive movement is somewhat unreliable as the protrusion can slow it down in the center of the stadium or stop the movement entirely and the greater surface area makes it difficult to maintain a banking pattern.

By pulling and twisting the Tip, Xtend's height can be changed. When using Xtend's lower setting, it is the height of a standard Performance Tip, allowing the Layer of the Xtend combination and the opponent to impact each other directly. When using Xtend's higher setting, in theory, it's height would increase contact between the Xtend's combination’s Disc and Frame and the Opponent’s Layer. Such contact would prevent the Xtend combination from Bursting and instead cause the opponent to Burst. In practice however, the height of most Layers and the minimal change in height means that there will be contact with the Layers regardless. Furthermore, Xtend's height change is less than that of Tower, a Performance Tip that already had performance issues with too little height change.

==Overall==

Due to Xtend's similarities to Fusion with the same inconsistent performance in Attack and Stamina and the minimal and thus ineffective height change gimmick, it is recommended for collection purposes only.
In theory this driver should work well since it has a good mix of mobile attack stationary attack and disc attack. Has anyone tried this driver with a layer with enough attack potential to be good while stationary eg something like sX or tN(smash mode) with xtend?
tN on Xtend's tall mode is a really good counter for mG combos. The height and the extra stamina of the tip give it a very high victory rate against mG on standard height drivers like Orbit and Atomic. I don't think Xtend would be useful for much else, though.
(Apr. 18, 2018  7:31 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: tN on Xtend's tall mode is a really good counter for mG combos. The height and the extra stamina of the tip give it a very high victory rate against mG on standard height drivers like Orbit and Atomic. I don't think Xtend would be useful for much else, though.

tN._.Xt could also counter mG._. Yr on the lower mode?
(Apr. 18, 2018  7:33 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2018  7:31 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: tN on Xtend's tall mode is a really good counter for mG combos. The height and the extra stamina of the tip give it a very high victory rate against mG on standard height drivers like Orbit and Atomic. I don't think Xtend would be useful for much else, though.

tN._.Xt could also counter mG._. Yr on the lower mode?

I haven't tried that yet, but even if the tall mode on Xtend is too high to work, you can switch to the standard height to deal with mG on Yard. The only way it wouldn't work is if mG is on a taller height, but there aren't and good stamina or defense tips at that height yet, so that shouldn't be an issue.
(Apr. 18, 2018  8:08 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2018  7:33 PM)MWF Wrote: tN._.Xt could also counter mG._. Yr on the lower mode?

I haven't tried that yet, but even if the tall mode on Xtend is too high to work, you can switch to the standard height to deal with mG on Yard. The only way it wouldn't work is if mG is on a taller height, but there aren't and good stamina or defense tips at that height yet, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Put together some testing and I'll see what edits need to made
Can anyone confirm if this is a good or bad driver yet? Wiki says it's not that good and I feel like zAchilles always loses in my cases but not sure if it's really due to driver or layer.
(May. 05, 2018  11:58 PM)Arcosst Wrote: Can anyone confirm if this is a good or bad driver yet? Wiki says it's not that good and I feel like zAchilles always loses in my cases but not sure if it's really due to driver or layer.

Test for your self with a combo twin nemesis a good staller and attack layer, 7 because of weight, OWD and burst resistance, under because is really stable and goes well with tN
(May. 05, 2018  11:58 PM)Arcosst Wrote: Can anyone confirm if this is a good or bad driver yet? Wiki says it's not that good and I feel like zAchilles always loses in my cases but not sure if it's really due to driver or layer.

I think it's the driver. The driver has a Fusion style tip and Fusion isn't that good. The layer seems pretty good.
I've seen this tip win against some beyblade because of a little LAD left in it's round bottom where the fusion based tip is, although it is still pretty bad unless you can figure out how to use fusion for anything.
The wiki page for xtend and z achilles 4 xtend need to be updated for xtend +
(Sep. 19, 2018  6:20 AM)ubkiller Wrote: The wiki page for xtend and z achilles 4 xtend need to be updated for xtend +

Hey ubkiller, I've moved your post here to the thread for Xtend.

There is a separate page being made for Xtend Plus, so it is my guess that edits will come once that's more sorted out.
(Sep. 20, 2018  6:34 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2018  6:20 AM)ubkiller Wrote: The wiki page for xtend and z achilles 4 xtend need to be updated for xtend +

Hey ubkiller, I've moved your post here to the thread for Xtend.

There is a separate page being made for Xtend Plus, so it is my guess that edits will come once that's more sorted out.
Its good to know somebody is working hard ;D
I want to break it to you.
“However, due to the performance of Xtend+, Xtend is a must have for competitive bladers.”
As long as they have the Xtend+ Chip.

I know it sounds like I’m criticising and adding more context and blabbering around but I just like to do it sometime when I’m bored.
I’m okay with the addition of more content and swapped content in the wiki, but this sounds quite confusing.

z achilles layer is very bad
i think the wiki says it's good because with the xtend+ chip you can make it really good
(Nov. 01, 2021  11:33 AM)Eshay Wrote:

z achilles layer is very bad
i think the wiki says it's good because with the xtend+ chip you can make it really good

I think you shouldn't reply to two year old posts.