Parts Tiers

Well, of course, in TBTS there are many counters to WBMS and it's variants, so I agree that for TBTS I would use other things, and woudln't want to risk the spin direction guessing game.

But in TB WBMS is much harder to beat. While it is very unlikely that a match will be played exclusively in TB (or even split with TB and TBMS), if that ever occurs, RSMS is basically one of the best options against it, and because of it's ability to beat such a powerful blade in TB, it should be a must own. I would not like my chances going into a tournament if TB is the only stadium and I did not have a RSMS to counter WBMS.
I meant to write TB, not TBTS. Woops.

And I always have pretty good luck fighting WBMS with GFCUM-based combos in TB.
Yes, pretty good luck, but I would argue that RSMS is a little less dependent on luck (especially if you are aware of the skill level of the opponent, or just play averages), whereas luck plays a bit more with GFCUM and is less of a sure thing. I mean, not many people can control attack types at a level where they have a good victory rate against WBMS in TB.
Then they should practice until they do. You can't rely on Rubber Weight Core either, because if the opponent's spin direction is opposite, your chance to win goes down to nearly zero.
However, a person who can predict spin direction well (taking account opponents skill/play level, tendencies, direction combo was built for, what they have seen so far) can definitely use RSMS as a better counter.

I mean, I see the point about how RSMS is an all or nothing, where as GFCUM and attack types could have a consistent percent chance of winning.

I guess I'll agree with T2 then.
flashfox Wrote:However, a person who can predict spin direction well (taking account opponents skill/play level, tendencies, direction combo was built for, what they have seen so far) can definitely use RSMS as a better counter.

In a 3-point battle, you'd need to win three times with Rubber Weight Core. I simply have a hard time believing that the opponent isn't going to catch on and switch the spin direction, and if you both stall you're going to have to choose in secret and then it's going to be a 50/50 chance which still isn't very good.

A better Bearing Core combo or a GFCUM combo would both be more reliable. I'm the one who discovered the RWC combo so clearly I think it's a great option, but to place it up there with GFCUM etc. is just overshooting it.
I agree with KoD's list completely, except for Turtle Crusher/Knight Crusher. Even though they are not the most widely used AR, where they are used, they are effective. It could be tier 2 in my opinion, but if everyone else argues for tier 3, I won't really oppose you.
How is RSCMS a little less dependent on luck? With this strategy it can only go two ways. You get lucky and choose the same spin direction, or you aren't lucky and the spin directions are opposite.

tbh I think the best way to beat a bearing core combo in TB is with another bearing core combo. Rubber Weight Core is complete luck, and the more common upper attackers have to be in right spin direction to work, in which case the bearing core user could just switch spin direction. Sure, Advance Attacker can be considered, but then its back to being lucky with spin direction selection. Also, it is still pretty hard to knock something out of TB with Advance Attacker's smaller slopes even if you pick the right spin direction.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:How is RSCMS a little less dependent on luck? With this strategy it can only go two ways. You get lucky and choose the same spin direction, or you aren't lucky and the spin directions are opposite.

tbh I think the best way to beat a bearing core combo in TB is with another bearing core combo. Rubber Weight Core is complete luck, and the more common upper attackers have to be in right spin direction to work, in which case the bearing core user could just switch spin direction. Sure, Advance Attacker can be considered, but then its back to being lucky with spin direction selection. Also, it is still pretty hard to knock something out of TB with Advance Attacker's smaller slopes even if you pick the right spin direction.

I agree with this 100%.

If the WBMS user has any idea of what he's doing, he'll be trying his best to avoid a direct collision at the beginning of the match. I think RSMS is just as viable as an attack combo in TB, and that A better BC combo is the best bet overall.
I'm not even convinced that RWC is as viable as Attack-based combos. If you're in the opposite spin direction with RWC, your chance to win is effectively zero. If you're using a high speed attacker, you have a chance to KO the opposing Beyblade even if you're in the opposite spin direction.