Palm Pre

I could have sworn there was another Palm Pre topic, but I couldn't find it in the forum search. :s If it still exists, sorry for the duplicate.

Today was its release date through the US carrier Sprint PCS. I was rrally hesitant to get a CDMA phone through one of the worst carriers I've seen, but the plan rate I'm offered through my company just made it too good to pass up.

Web OS is amazing! After hearing Palm released the software for programming third party apps based in CSS and Javascript (as opposed to C++) I can't wait to see what follows.

I love multitasking, so the ability to open multiple browser windows at once really appeals to me. The keyboard is really easy to use, and the texture on it has some nice grip to it. "Throwing" apps is fun, too.

But I do not like the battery life on this. I'm going to need to more batteries, probably. Lips_sealed
THIS

PHONE

LOOKS

SO

GOOD
I wanna play with this. It looks slick. My HP ipaq is a piece of carp
(Jun. 07, 2009  2:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: THIS

PHONE

LOOKS

SO

GOOD
It is. I'm on it right now. ;D
Stop mocking us Crying
If my phone is tilted downward, like it's laying flat, it will go to horizontal viewing. Not a fan of this.

Palm needs more third party apps for me to play with.
(Jun. 07, 2009  3:04 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If my phone is tilted downward, like it's laying flat, it will go to horizontal viewing. Not a fan of this.

Palm needs more third party apps for me to play with.
well your an early adopter, Im sure it will get better.

hows the feel of it? like fit and finish / build quality compared to your Black Jack?
not that good but IPHONE STILL OWNS ALL but probably it would be be the second best =) keypad and design looks COol
(Jun. 07, 2009  5:06 AM)Muslimboi Wrote: not that good but IPHONE STILL OWNS ALL but probably it would be be the second best =) keypad and design looks COol

have you used it? how can you say the iphone "owns all"?

iphone fans are the worst
(Jun. 07, 2009  5:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: have you used it? how can you say the iphone "owns all"?

apple faboys/fangirls are the worst

fixed
^ yeah but iphone fanatics are the worst of the bunch

i'm a mac fan but apple fanatics are really embarrassing
I am definitely an avid iPhone supporter, but that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge its (many) faults.

Granted, a lot of them are about to be rectified with the 3.0 firmware update, but still... The iPhone isn't the be-all end-all of smartphones. Much like gaming consoles, it all comes down to personal preference and the individual user's needs/desires in a phone.

For me personally the iPhone was the best choice, but I can see why so many people are excited for the Pre. It's honestly a really cool phone with a lot of interesting features. If this gets released on Verizon I honestly might switch. I carp hate AT&T's coverage where I live, it's god awful.
(Jun. 07, 2009  5:00 AM)Blue Wrote: well your an early adopter, Im sure it will get better.

hows the feel of it? like fit and finish / build quality compared to your Black Jack?
It. Is. Amazing! It's so much easier to view webpages, it's easy to figure it out, and the touch screen has a pretty fast response time. This is in every way (with the exception of battery life) better than my black jack.

The iPhone owns your wallet. Uncertain For what you pay in just unlimited service on an iPhone ($60//month) you can basically get an entire plan for with the pre on sprint ($69.99/month 450min unlimited web and text)

Everytime someone comes into my store and announces that they have a mac, we can see why they think they know what they are doing when they pick out the wrong cables and parts. I'm half tempted everytime to tell them about our weekly sale on the half terabyte sd cards. Uncertain
I'm waiting for the GSM release.

It's coming! I know it will!
better than the iphone thats for sure
(Jun. 07, 2009  1:01 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm half tempted everytime to tell them about our weekly sale on the half terabyte sd cards. Uncertain

Do it. Don't you work on commission?
(Jun. 15, 2009  2:55 AM)fragbait Wrote: Do it. Don't you work on commission?
Well, yeah, I work on commission, but I make nothing on 1/2 terabyte SD cards.
pretty sure there's no such thing as a half terabyte SD card

in fact i'm absolutely positive
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: pretty sure there's no such thing as a half terabyte SD card

in fact i'm absolutely positive
That's the joke. SD supports 32mb max. They'll probably believe that we have half terabyte SD cards. It's a running joke since last year. Guy called up and asked about a half terabyte SD card. Said Best Buy had it for $80.

I can't make money on something that doesn't exist.
hey btw i own a mac

so screw you
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:03 AM)Deikailo Wrote: SD supports 32mb max.

Um... Pretty sure standard SD cards support 2 GB max, and the High Capacity ones go all the way up to 16 GB.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:07 AM)Roan Wrote: Um... Pretty sure standard SD cards support 2 GB max, and the High Capacity ones go all the way up to 16 GB.
SDHC supports 32gb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digi...B_capacity

(Jun. 15, 2009  6:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hey btw i own a mac

so screw you
Yes, but you don't smugly announce it like you're better than everyone else. They'll announce that they are a mac user even when OS is irrelevant.

Only four reasons I hate macs:
- Most of their users drive me crazy at work
- price
- compatibility
- I forgot the fourth one. I'll remember it at the least inconvenient time.
smug mac users are the worst human beings on this planet i will give you that
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: smug mac users are the worst human beings on this planet i will give you that
lol Brad's sympathies - all I've ever wanted.

Mac users in my area tend to think that the technologically impossible is achievable because they deem it so. They also still believe firewire to USB is a functioning cable.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:12 AM)Deikailo Wrote: SDHC supports 32gb

lol you must have typoed then because in your post before you said that SD only supports 32 MB max.