Palm Pre

(Jun. 15, 2009  6:28 AM)Roan Wrote: lol you must have typoed then because in your post before you said that SD only supports 32 MB max.
Oh, whoops. My bad. lmao dunno where I pulled that one from.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:28 AM)Roan Wrote: lol you must have typoed then because in your post before you said that SD only supports 32 MB max.

pretty obvious it was a typo :\
So anyway, uh... How 'bout that Palm Pre huh?
It doesn't take Micro SD. Unhappy

The TV is also pretty lousy. I tried watching Monk. It's worse than youtube.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: It doesn't take Micro SD. Unhappy

or any storage devices really Unhappy I wonder why, that would've made it even more perfect.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: or any storage devices really Unhappy I wonder why, that would've made it even more perfect.
I dislike not having a directional pad. The worst part about this phone is when I made a typo, and want to go back and edit my post. I try clicking the space between two words, but I land in the middle of one word. If I had a directional pad, I could just cycle back, but nooo. I have to spend 30 seconds of my life trying to click perfect. Pinching_eyes_2

I didn't realize this camera had a flash until I set off the camera at night in the car when my boss was driving me home. I had this stupid exited look on my face when I found it. Like Leo from VG cats.
do do do do dooooo

still waiting for that GSM release.

Yay for Macboys! Grin

also, it has 8gb internal storage, right?
(Jun. 15, 2009  8:55 AM)Baronrana Wrote: do do do do dooooo

still waiting for that GSM release.

Yay for Macboys! Grin

also, it has 8gb internal storage, right?
Yes. Not enough for me. Crying

GSM probably won't be released 'til next year.

I'll live with CDMA as long as I have one GSM phone. CDMA has faster connect time provided it's in a serviced area.
Yeah 8gb is starting to get outdated.. 3GS only comes in 16 and 32gb now.. no more 8.

next year?! dang, i was kinda hoping christmastime. bummer.

so wait, you have two contracts right now or what? i'm starting to get confuseddddd
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:02 AM)Baronrana Wrote: Yeah 8gb is starting to get outdated.. 3GS only comes in 16 and 32gb now.. no more 8.

next year?! dang, i was kinda hoping christmastime. bummer.

so wait, you have two contracts right now or what? i'm starting to get confuseddddd
I get two employee discount rates - one through sprint, one through AT&T

Sprint -
$20.99 + $4.99 roaming a month
  • 3,000 anytime minutes
  • unlimited nights and weekend minutes
  • unlimited mobile to mobile
  • unlimited text
  • unlimited web
  • Two year contract - all phones bought outright with $150 mail-in rebate

AT&T -
$20 a month
  • 2,000 anytime minutes
  • unlimited nights and weekends
  • unlimited mobile to mobile
  • unlimited text
  • unlimited media web
  • $10+ a month unlimited PDA
  • $10+ a month 5gb tethering
  • $3+ unlimited GPS
  • No contract - all phones bought outright

Unfortunately, Pre isn't eligible for my discount until fall.
you own two cell phones?

~western excess~

(seriously that's really redundant)
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you own two cell phones?

~western excess~

(seriously that's really redundant)
My job is to sell cell phones. By having two, I can demonstrate both services to the customer. Since I work on commission, I basically make my money back by having the knowledge to sell both.

For example, just because I knew about the battery life on the Pre, I convinced a customer to start a brand new line just for his Pre for $19.99 additional a month to save on battery life when he talks. I made about $20 extra by selling him an add-a-line phone.

That's actually why they offer us a discounted rate. So I can let the customer play with my phone.
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:09 AM)Deikailo Wrote: blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

so, for the record...you suck.

Grin

I need to work at some type of electronics store. My cell bill is killing me. errugghhgh
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:14 AM)Baronrana Wrote: so, for the record...you suck.

Grin

I need to work at some type of electronics store. My cell bill is killing me. errugghhgh
Don't, they don't pay well.
In all honesty, it probably pays better than what I make right now.

I'm a slaaaaaaaaaaaaave
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:14 AM)Deikailo Wrote: My job is to sell cell phones. By having two, I can demonstrate both services to the customer. Since I work on commission, I basically make my money back by having the knowledge to sell both.

For example, just because I knew about the battery life on the Pre, I convinced a customer to start a brand new line just for his Pre for $19.99 additional a month to save on battery life when he talks. I made about $20 extra by selling him an add-a-line phone.

That's actually why they offer us a discounted rate. So I can let the customer play with my phone.

that's a lot of words to justify owning two phones that you totally don't need

if you can't understand how the phone works without owning one permanently then you're in the wrong business. i was a high-rated customer support rep for sprint and i don't even own a cell phone
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that's a lot of words to justify owning two phones that you totally don't need

if you can't understand how the phone works without owning one permanently then you're in the wrong business. i was a high-rated customer support rep for sprint and i don't even own a cell phone
I would like to know coverage when I travel, I need to be able to show the customer the phone's features because the customers that walk in are very reluctant to buy, and ever since I've been able to shove the phone into their hands, they've been showing interest. They also tend to trust someone who can personally relate to the product.

I also don't pay for any internet bills or cable bills because I use my cell phone. Internet and cable together would cost me $50.

All in all, this is actually cheaper than anyone who pays for one cell phone without a discount.

Customer support is a little different than sales, especially when you're not working at a corporate store.
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:27 AM)Deikailo Wrote: All in all, this is actually cheaper than anyone who pays for one cell phone without a discount.

so instead of saving money you just buy a second phone so you're paying almost as much as people with no discount at all

brilliant

also tell your crappy store to get sample models, you should never EVER let a customer use your personal phone you lunatic
You don't have any phones under the counter for a customer to mess around with rather than give them your own? That's kind of weird everywhere else I've been to has had some sort of setup like that.

Also, how do you get cable on a cell phone..? I do not understand this.
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: so instead of saving money you just buy a second phone so you're paying almost as much as people with no discount at all

brilliant
...because I make my money back by being able to show the customer the phone. A lot of people are reluctant to go to Sprint out here. They've also heard of the Pre, but they all are under the impression that the iPhone is by far superior to any other phone. I can now physically show them that that is not true. They are very much moved by "seeing is believing".

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this. Speechless

(Jun. 15, 2009  9:32 AM)Baronrana Wrote: You don't have any phones under the counter for a customer to mess around with rather than give them your own? That's kind of weird everywhere else I've been to has had some sort of setup like that.

Also, how do you get cable on a cell phone..? I do not understand this.
We do, but our Sprint rep is lazy. He still has us under the old Instinct as a store demo. As far as AT&T, I think we actually sold our demo.

No cable, just TV as a live service.
also maybe if you dropped a cell phone you could actually get a real internet plan instead of browsing on your phone and complaining about getting PMs because its too hard to read PMs on a phone
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:32 AM)Deikailo Wrote: ...because I make my money back by being able to show the customer the phone. A lot of people are reluctant to go to Sprint out here. They've also heard of the Pre, but they all are under the impression that the iPhone is by far superior to any other phone. I can now physically show them that that is not true. They are very much moved by "seeing is believing".

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this. Speechless

so keep the pre and drop the other phone and use display models for the rest and oh my god seriously i want to aghhhhhhhhh
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: also maybe if you dropped a cell phone you could actually get a real internet plan instead of browsing on your phone and complaining about getting PMs because its too hard to read PMs on a phone

so keep the pre and drop the other phone and use display models for the rest and oh my god seriously i want to aghhhhhhhhh
Optimum Online has horrible service. After the ordeal I kept having to go through back when Scotty and I lived together, I said no more Optimum.

AT&T has better reception where I go. Plus, everyone has my AT&T number. Sprint's service actually cuts out in certain places.

Why do you care so much about my finances? Speechless I could say very similar things about you.
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:41 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Why do you care so much about my finances? Speechless I could say very similar things about you.

i truly do not care in the slightest about your finances, i just can't believe how wasteful and totally unnecessary that is, but whatever

also what are you going to call me out on? buying clothes?
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:41 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Optimum Online has horrible service. After the ordeal I kept having to go through back when Scotty and I lived together, I said no more Optimum.

You DO know there's more than one ISP, right?

So you basically just got another phone line that no one is going to talk to you on just because you thought it was cool?

Talk about a waste.
$25 extra a month is just like 2 hours extra work a month. I either go to school and work one job, or work two jobs. As far as I'm concerned, I'm out of the house too much to enjoy anything else. Last summer I worked 60-70 hours a week. I wanted to see Evan, but I was always canceling last minute because I'd be called into work. Think summer is only different because I'm working on moving.
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i truly do not care in the slightest about your finances, i just can't believe how wasteful and totally unnecessary that is, but whatever

also what are you going to call me out on? buying clothes?
No, I'd prefer you clothed.

Brad, I'd prefer not to get into a conflict about what I'd "call you out on". I'm not going to back up that statement because that's all we ever seem to do. We only argue. It's getting old, and I don't want to be a part of it.
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:48 AM)Baronrana Wrote: You DO know there's more than one ISP, right?

So you basically just got another phone line that no one is going to talk to you on just because you thought it was cool?

Talk about a waste.
Not in my area. Or else nothing cost effective. In certain parts of my area, only satellite service is offered at a minimum rate of $50+ a month (as I've been told).

I use it mostly as a data line. Kinda got it so I wouldn't get incoming calls.