PSP

I have Patapon pre-ordered.

I'm so pumped.
buttt did you get the demo??? that will somewhat tide you over
Nah, I can wait.

I already know the game is going to be awesome. lol
kingdom hearts birth by sleep looks hot i cant wait for it to come out the best one of all 3 is aqua(the girl with blue hair), then would be ven(looks a lot like roxas?), but terra looks cool at the end when his eyes turn yellow and black
KHBbS is gonna be awesome; Terra's got that Haseo/Sasuke hairstyle to him, I noticed. XD I'm looking forward to seeing how KH 358/2 Days will turn out too.
I'm curious, how the carp does Birth by Sleep fit into the overall KH storyline?

Everything I've seen from the game looks totally unrelated to the other KH games.
Roan Wrote:I'm curious, how the carp does Birth by Sleep fit into the overall KH storyline?

i believe birth by sleep takes place 10 years before part 1 so they were the keyblade masters before sora riku and kairi or mickey and there doing the same thing that sora trys to do in the future also i believe it also explains how kairi got on to the island(she came from another world) and how shes a princess
so its like ff7crisis core
kira729 Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I'm curious, how the carp does Birth by Sleep fit into the overall KH storyline?

Only much worse and not really necessary.

I see.
roan it explains a lot of questions left from kingdom hearts 2 final mix cause in this version you face one of the chassers named terra and then theres the fact that ansem(xehanort) lost his memory and how ansem the wise took him as a partner
kira729 Wrote:i believe birth by sleep takes place 10 years before part 1 so they were the keyblade masters before sora riku and kairi or mickey and there doing the same thing that sora trys to do in the future also i believe it also explains how kairi got on to the island(she came from another world) and how shes a princess
kira729 Wrote:roan it explains a lot of questions left from kingdom hearts 2 final mix cause in this version you face one of the chassers named terra and then theres the fact that ansem(xehanort) lost his memory and how ansem the wise took him as a partner
This is why people don't take video game plots seriously.
Indian Wrote:
kira729 Wrote:i believe birth by sleep takes place 10 years before part 1 so they were the keyblade masters before sora riku and kairi or mickey and there doing the same thing that sora trys to do in the future also i believe it also explains how kairi got on to the island(she came from another world) and how shes a princess
kira729 Wrote:roan it explains a lot of questions left from kingdom hearts 2 final mix cause in this version you face one of the chassers named terra and then theres the fact that ansem(xehanort) lost his memory and how ansem the wise took him as a partner
This is why people don't take video game plots seriously.

Yeah for real, this sounds like the most outlandish, grasping for anything solid plot ever.

I mean sure, its not like KH1 or 2 had a groundbreaking story or anything, but at least they attempted to make sense.

It sounds to me like KH is devolving into the typical Square formula, even more so than it was originally.
It's a fantasy game. It's supposed to be outlandish.
Ichida Wrote:It's a fantasy game. It's supposed to be outlandish.

being a fantasy game does not really excuse terrible writing
PSP is great and all, especially when it comes to homebrew. But it gets boring after awhile and the homebrew scene is nearly dead. Most of the best apps and emulators have been put on hiatus for a good 5-6 months and counting...
Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general rant:

I have no problem with original homebrew aps,games etc. But I do have a problem with piracy:

You know I blame the pirates for the drought of PSP games. It costs money to make games, if you get them for free, the publishers and developers get no money, so in turn they cut their loses by no longer making games on that platform. Sony is trying with the PSN, but things will likely not change until a sucessor to the PSP is born. It's sad that most new PSP games sell 12,000 units a month in the US, unless they have something to do with a big franchise. Sony even released good calibre games at different price points(Patapon-$20, Various-$30,Various-$40) to try to lure the pirates.

It's sad, because of them they killed the greatest handheld ever. It's too late now. It's amazing how PSP sales rose 30% last year, yet software sales fell 13%. Surely more people buying the handheld means more people buying the games right? Obviously not.
Takao Wrote:Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general rant:

I have no problem with original homebrew aps,games etc. But I do have a problem with piracy:

You know I blame the pirates for the drought of PSP games. It costs money to make games, if you get them for free, the publishers and developers get no money, so in turn they cut their loses by no longer making games on that platform. Sony is trying with the PSN, but things will likely not change until a sucessor to the PSP is born. It's sad that most new PSP games sell 12,000 units a month in the US, unless they have something to do with a big franchise. Sony even released good calibre games at different price points(Patapon-$20, Various-$30,Various-$40) to try to lure the pirates.

It's sad, because of them they killed the greatest handheld ever. It's too late now. It's amazing how PSP sales rose 30% last year, yet software sales fell 13%. Surely more people buying the handheld means more people buying the games right? Obviously not.

Same as used games. People spend money on them, but none of it goes towards the developers/ publishers.
saiyanangel5 Wrote:

Same as used games. People spend money on them, but none of it goes towards the developers/ publishers.

Shoot, I wasn't relly sure about used games.
carp. makes me want to trade in some used games and buy new.

I have to agree with piracy though, it really hurt the PSP.
thus I buy my games, now preferably new or after price drops.

Ps2 I bought so many used games though.

Funny though how I don't think of music or movies in the same way. Bottom line is if you want to keep the good stuff coming, buy it.
saiyanangel5 Wrote:

Yes but with used games, the publishers and developers had already made their money once the original transaction happened.
Yes, developers and publishers get no profit whatsoever from used game sales, but as clearly shown in GameStop's latest earnings reports, the sale of used games definitely benefits the industry financially.

Personally, I almost always buy my games new, but the reason I am able to do this is because I can trade old games in. If I had to drop $60 on a game every time I wanted to buy one I probably wouldn't be buying very many games throughout the course of a year.

The way I do it is to trade in towards a new game to lower the price tag to about $25-$30, blaze through the new game and if its really something awesome I'll probably keep it in my library (Games like BioShock, MGS4, Halo 3, etc. will never be traded in) but if its something that loses its luster (GTA IV) I trade it in ASAP while the trade-in amount is still high (I got almost $39 when I traded GTA IV in, which is more than I actually paid for the game lol).

I got over $50 for SSBB when I traded that in, but that was due to a promotional "pre-order X game and get 20% extra trade-in credit".
saiyanangel5 Wrote:

half the reason why i don't buy used games

i try not to trade games in either but i still do every now and then...
That's the reason why so many great PSP games didn't do well and didn't generate enough popularity...

monsterhunterfreedom2
I blame Monster Hunter for the all the mini game compilations, and garbage without a plot in the world. Those games are terrible. It's really startles me that they are popular, although considering there are still Dynasty Warriors, and Gundam games, maybe I shouldn't be.
Gasp
Sure it doesn't have a plot, but there aren't really any "mini-games" in the game. All of the things you do help you progress through the game.

Dynasty Warriors = hack 'n slash at the armies until you've liberated the whole area. Requires NO strategy and planning.

Monster Hunter = each monster presents a new set of attacks (and a few attacks that are present in all monsters) that challenge the player into using a new weapon along with a new strategy and method of killing the monster.
Until Capcom decides to add in online co-op I cannot take Monster Hunter seriously.