PSP

Surfingpikachao Wrote:3. If I want to use the internet I go home. Portable internet will never be smaller than a laptop, waiting for a page to load for fifteen minutes FTL.

ipod touch has internets and that's smaller than a laptop lol

loads pretty fast on my connection too lol
I'd never want to use the internet on a handheld, which is why I got a MacBook; however, I can see the interest in it.

The PSP is getting better and better. I'd consider picking one up soon.
Tamer Brad Wrote:The PSP is getting better and better. I'd consider picking one up soon.

It really is. I think you guys are going to be surprised in the next few months.

I'm predicting PSP as the comeback kid this gen.
DS is unstoppable, but really, everyone owns the damn thing; nowhere for the PSP to go but up.
Mr. Toto Wrote:
ЯOAN Wrote:I did enjoy the online modes briefly, but then Ratchet and Clank came along and I totally forgot MPO even existed.

Which by the way, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters is one of the best PSP games, if not THE best. (I know that's not saying much, but still...)
Make that two reasons on my list.

lol ported to PS2, scratch that

Anything not created by Square-Enix worth playing on the PSP?
What?

When did Size Matters get ported? O.o
ЯOAN Wrote:What?

When did Size Matters get ported? O.o

It was recently announced, lol.
I hope to get the Daxter bundle thingy fo' christmas. I didn't know either that the psp got so good, especially with the redesign.
so yea...
Mr. Toto Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:
ЯOAN Wrote:I did enjoy the online modes briefly, but then Ratchet and Clank came along and I totally forgot MPO even existed.

Which by the way, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters is one of the best PSP games, if not THE best. (I know that's not saying much, but still...)
Make that two reasons on my list.

lol ported to PS2, scratch that

Anything not created by Square-Enix worth playing on the PSP?

Jeanne d'Arc. Seriously; it's really good. Also Lumines II and any of the GTA: [Insert City Here] Stories games. Lastly, Daxter. If you enjoyed any of the Jak games on PS2, Daxter is an awesome PSP version with Daxter as the main character (obviously). Seeing as how Daxter comes free with the system now, I'd say go for it. It's pretty good; not the best game ever created, but certainly enjoyable and for a free pack-in game, it doesn't get much better than this.

Also, the PSP got internet radio (powered by Shoutcast) in the latest firmware update (3.80). It's totally awesome and I can see myself using it a lot. I hope a lot of people get PSP for Christmas. It really is a good system with a few gems worth playing. Not to mention the awesome stuff that's in the pipeline. (God of War, Crisis Core FFVII, Secret Agent Clank etc.)

Having said that, if you're going to get a PSP, spring for the Daxter bundle over the Star Wars one. The Daxter bundle comes with a 1 GB memory stick and the Star Wars one doesn't come with one at all -- yet it's still the same price ($199). Wtf is that?
Quote:ipod touch has internets and that's smaller than a laptop lol

Yes but it's not fast to use. You can't type things properly, the screen is way too small and you have to scroll up and down all the time. Why this message would have taken me a LOT longer to write.

I can see the interest in it but it's not exactly practical =S

I bet it costs a load too.
Surfingpikachao Wrote:

Yes but it's not fast to use. You can't type things properly, the screen is way too small and you have to scroll up and down all the time. Why this message would have taken me a LOT longer to write.

Do you even own an ipod touch? because I do, and its nothing like you describe...

and congratulations, you can type faster on a computer than a handheld device.
Surfingpikachao Wrote:

You bet? Why didn't you just look up the price instead of talking out of your carp?

(btw, I don't really see the point of the iPod touch either, but don't talk about things you've barely researched)
I will basicly use the PSP for Movies and games and thx to Ichida he is getting me something called Custom Firmware where I can dl PSP and PS1 games onto my PSP MUHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
Well I just use it for Music and picture and Video but I diden't touch it for awhile, I thinking about selling it.
I heard Tekken was good, if not better then the 5th Tekken for the PS2.

I really want a PSP now Gasp. I want Tekken for sure, and I also want Star Wars Battlefront 2 just for the hell of it (I've played it before, it's really not that bad). What other games (for the PSP) are worth buying? Ratchet and Clank is obviously a must.
Elmo Wrote:I heard Tekken was good, if not better then the 5th Tekken for the PS2.

I really want a PSP now Gasp. I want Tekken for sure, and I also want Star Wars Battlefront 2 just for the hell of it (I've played it before, it's really not that bad). What other games (for the PSP) are worth buying? Ratchet and Clank is obviously a must.

Lumines I+II, Jeanne d'Arc, Daxter, Either of the GTA: Stories (Vice City is better though, imo) games, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (If you're into MGS at all. If not, avoid this game at all costs lol).
damn yo, Im the only killzone fanboy round here, liberation is a worthy title too
a few burnout games too, wipeout
HOW DO I HAXED PSP
tell us how the ipod touch's screen is small.

---

Thinking of saving up for the new versions of the PSP. It's getting more and more promising now.
i'm trying to make my psp battery into a pandoras box but i dont know how to
I'll be all over the PSP like batter on CHIKIN when they finish that landstalker remake.
Proud owner of Daxter Bundle. what what
its a fun-carp game
Blue Wrote:Proud owner of Daxter Bundle. what what
its a fun-carp game

gg

I have the same bundle. It's hawt.
djspida5 Wrote:i'm trying to make my psp battery into a pandoras box but i dont know how to

You should check out :

http://www.psp-hacks.com

And their forum community. They will be happy to help. Never done the Pandora hack, I had an original PSP and so i've had an easy way to free PSP games and homebrew. I just gave it away to my brother and moved onto the iFewn. PSP was good while it lasted but it doesn't appeal to me anymore Unhappy