Sept

PROJECT BEYHEM 5.0 (Burst GT Format)

Toronto, Ontario
High Park
375 Colborne Lodge Dr
  Enter park via Bloor St W. entrance and drive down Colborne Lodge Dr. We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre.
12:00PM on 09/18/2022
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
Experimental

An experimental ruleset is in place for this event (see event description).

Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join the Toronto Beyblade community for a Burst GT Format tournament using the 1on1 and 5G Match Types at High Park on Sunday, September 18, 2022! Burst GT Format is a new, experimental Beyblade tournament format by the WBO.

Please note that this event will be using a slightly modified version of the 5G Match Type rules compared to those used in recent tournaments.

Read the 1on1, 5G, and Burst GT Format rules below.

MUST READ: COVID-19 Recommendations in Effect
Due to COVID-19, all tournament participants and attendees are recommended to abide by the recommendations outlined and linked in full detail below. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

1. Feeling unwell? Stay at home.
2. Wear a Mask or Face Covering
3. Thumbs Up Instead of Handshakes
4. Do Not Lend or Play with Others Equipment
5. During Beyblade Inspection, Disassemble Beyblades for Judges
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
7. Maintain Physical Distancing (2 meters/6 feet apart)
8. After each Match Judges Should Disinfect Stadium
9. Only Bladers Registered Before the Tournament Day may Participate
10. Eliminated from the tournament? You should leave the tournament area.

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below.

The health and safety of each participant in this event will be our top priority. We expect all participants to abide by any requirements outlined on the page linked below.

This event is being hosted in accordance with the WBO's COVID-19 event recommendations outlined above, as well as:

Check-in, Registration & Participant Limit (22) Details

Tournament Check-in Details
  • Check-in begins at 12:00PM
  • Check-in ends at 12:30PM. We will begin the tournament shortly thereafter.
  • See more details under "Need-to-Know Information" below.
Registration & Participant Limit Details
  • This tournament has a maximum participant limit of 22 players.
  • If you are certain you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page to register confirm your spot!
  • Once 22 players have registered, you will not be able to enter the tournament.
  • As such, only users registered on the list at the top of the event page can participate in the tournament. No exceptions.
  • If you are unable to make it to the event, DO NOT hit the "Join Tournament" button. If you need to withdraw, hit the UNJOIN/LEAVE TOURNAMENT button.
  • If something unexpected comes up last minute and you cannot come, please post in this thread. Any players who sign up on this thread and do not show up without any prior notice will receive a warning in accordance with our Community Rules.

Burst GT Experimental Format
This is an experimental Burst GT (BGT) Format event. Please refer to the rulebook link below to review the game play rules for the event:

Here is a summary of the parts banned for this format:

Banned Layers
  • All Super King/Sparking System Layers (Takara Tomy), except: Glide, Curse, Super, King, Variant, Death, Abyss, First
  • All Dynamite System Layers (Takara Tomy)
Banned Forge Discs
  • All Super King/Sparking, and Dynamite Battle System Forge Discs (Takara Tomy)
Banned Chassis
  • All Super King/Sparking System Double Chassis

After the event, we'd love to hear your feedback about the format in the official Burst GT Format discussion thread.

We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre. See below:

[Image: TxXvWNn.jpg]

If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. We will be playing in the area on the grass in front of it. If you have any questions about the location, please post here!

NOTE: Public washrooms can be found just west of the Bloor St W entrance of High Park. There are no public washrooms available at the High Park Nature Centre. Do not knock on their door asking to enter.

Match Types: 1on1 & 5G

First Stage – 1on1 Match Type
The first stage of this tournament will be played using the WBO 1on1 Match Type

Final Stage – 5G Match Type
The top eight players from the first stage will advance to a single elimination final using the 5G Match Type rules:

View 5G Match Type Rules (Click to View)

Note: All other existing WBO Burst GT Format rules unrelated to the match ruleset outlined above will apply for this event.

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

Have a BeyStadium or Deck Box? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums and some deck boxes for this event, but more are always welcome!

Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but Burst BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Deck Boxes or any container enabling concealment and ordering of 3-5 Beyblades are also welcome, as they will be integral for the 5G Match Type in use at this event.

[Image: aunbxVE.png]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 13, 2022  12:59 AM)Eli09 Wrote: Can you mix pro series part with tt parts

From the rulebook:

Quote:
  • Hasbro Pro Series Layers/Drivers are not allowed to be combined with regular Hasbro Burst Layers/Drivers
  • Hasbro Pro Series Layers/Drivers are allowed to be combined with Takara Tomy Layers/Drivers.

I would suggest first checking the rulebook if you have any other similar questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vhry...8uz1k1iztg

If you can't find the answer, feel free to ask here, though.
BladerBeast Tahoor jamie Dan CelesReturner Abellia SuperBeyFan Aced Dachu Eli09 Rew Rose BurstUltimate73 DeathOfTheGhost Samurai evileye Jackson2016 johanq24 Ojack9002 Kwimu noahspriggan

Hello everyone! I just found out henwooja1 likely can't make it to the event this weekend, and he has many of the stadiums we normally use for tournaments.

I have at least one I can bring, but was wondering: can anyone else confirm if they can bring a Burst BeyStadium Standard Type with them to use for the tournament? Thank you! It's this one:

im bringing mine ill try to get my smoothed out cuz my cousin put sticker in the middle and now its sticky there so maybe idk if ill bring mine

(Sep. 15, 2022  3:13 AM)Eli09 Wrote: im bringing mine ill try to get my smoothed out cuz my cousin put sticker in the middle and now its sticky there so maybe idk if ill bring mine

but ill keep you posted
Where do you get a standard type bye stadium
Are hasbro stadiums fine because I have a chaos core stadium
(Sep. 15, 2022  3:13 AM)Eli09 Wrote: im bringing mine ill try to get my smoothed out cuz my cousin put sticker in the middle and now its sticky there so maybe idk if ill bring mine

but ill keep you posted

Thank you! Please let me know.

(Sep. 15, 2022  3:35 AM)DeathOfTheGhost Wrote: Where do you get a standard type bye stadium

It's a Takara-Tomy stadium, so you'd have to purchase it online.

(Sep. 16, 2022  12:07 AM)Dachu Wrote: Are hasbro stadiums fine because I have a chaos core stadium

You're welcome to bring a Hasbro stadium for free play, but we'll need the Takara-Tomy Burst BeyStadium Standard Type for the tournament battles. If you don't have one, it's okay!
My stadium won’t be done by then and is this event still going on
(Sep. 17, 2022  4:30 AM)Eli09 Wrote: My stadium won’t be done by then and is this event still going on

Okay, no problem. Yes, it is.
(Sep. 15, 2022  2:46 AM)Kei Wrote: BladerBeast Tahoor jamie Dan CelesReturner Abellia SuperBeyFan Aced Dachu Eli09 Rew Rose BurstUltimate73 DeathOfTheGhost Samurai evileye Jackson2016 johanq24 Ojack9002 Kwimu noahspriggan

Hello everyone! I just found out henwooja1 likely can't make it to the event this weekend, and he has many of the stadiums we normally use for tournaments.

I have at least one I can bring, but was wondering: can anyone else confirm if they can bring a Burst BeyStadium Standard Type with them to use for the tournament? Thank you! It's this one:

(Sep. 15, 2022  2:46 AM)Kei Wrote: BladerBeast Tahoor jamie Dan CelesReturner Abellia SuperBeyFan Aced Dachu Eli09 Rew Rose BurstUltimate73 DeathOfTheGhost Samurai evileye Jackson2016 johanq24 Ojack9002 Kwimu noahspriggan

I can bring one.
Tournament brackets have now been created. Participants will be added on the day of the event.

Kei Wrote:Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

What’s the weather gonna be like tmr
Ok but how does the event go on without stadiums?
(Sep. 18, 2022  12:48 AM)Eli09 Wrote: What’s the weather gonna be like tmr

It keeps changing, but seems there is a chance of rain. The space is covered though, so we’re fine.

(Sep. 18, 2022  12:57 AM)Dachu Wrote: Ok but how does the event go on without stadiums?

We have stadiums confirmed now, don’t worry.
Ok thx for letting me know
Gm. Btw I might be late
(Sep. 18, 2022  3:40 PM)Eli09 Wrote: Gm. Btw I might be late

What time will you be there?
Hey everyone, we might have to play at the other end of the nature centre. There’s two people doing something in our regular spot. I’m waiting at the other end for now. We’ll move back if we can when it’s time to start the tournament.
Where’s the other end of the part I’m close

5 - 10 minutes away
This matches for event have now been processed.