Other Versions

Greetings! Leon here with a new idea!

Ok, so lately, I have been very interested in ltd beys, or even just color variants. I even prefer a faceoff set to a standard release bey, which has got me looking at alot of the pages "Other Versions" sections on the wiki. However, I have noticed that ALOT of these sections are inconsistant with other pages and they provide virtualy no information on these bey variants. Also note that I added in the section about the Super Vortex battle set.

I wish to change this. Here is an example of what I want to do by using the Storm Pegasis 105 RF page. Plesase note that the sizing format i used here in this example does not match wikia format or WBO standard formatting for the wiki

Other Releases

Wind Pegasis DF145 FS
Avaliable through the [[Random Booster Light Volume 1]], this bey includes a green colored Pegasis Clear wheel and recolored stickers to match

Heat Pegasis 100 WB
Avaliable through the [[Random Booster Light Volume 1]], this bey includes a orange colored Pegasis Clear wheel and recolored stickers to match.
Heat Pegasis DF145 WB
Avaliable through the [[Random Booster Light Volume 2]], this bey includes a black colored Pegasis Clear wheel and recolored stickers to match.

Clay Pegasis 145S
Avaliable through the [[Random Booster Light Volume 3]], this bey includes a yellow colored Pegasis Clear wheel and recolored stickers to match.

Storm Pegasis 100RF (Stardust Version)
Avaliable through the [[Random Booster Volume 3]], this bey is the prize bey in the set. It is identical to the standard Storm Pegasis 105 RF, with the exceptions of the Clear wheel being a darker translucent blue, the metal wheel being a metalic blue, the replacment of the 105 track with the 100, and the inclusion of a brand new sticker sheet not seen on the regular version.

Storm Pegasis 105 F (WBBA Exclusive)
A standard Storm Pegasis, with the exception of the F in place of the RF preformance tip, with all of the parts molded in entirly clear plastic. This variant is only obtainable by placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in an official WBBA tournament. 3rd place gives you a clear facebolt with the Pegasis emblem colored in bronze, and placing 2nd or 1st give you the same item, but in silver and gold respectivly.

Storm Pegasis 105 RF (Hasbro Version)
TT's standard version of the bey was released by Hasbro in most of North America. Unlike its TT counterpart, the bey uses stronger molding materials in all of its parts, and as a result, the bey and its parts weigh more and are more durable. The only other difference between the TT and Hasbro version are the new stickers included with the Hasbro version.

Storm Pegasis 105 RF (Hasbro Faceoff: Pegais Tornado Wing)
The main beyblade in the set, this bey is identical to the standard Hasbro Storm Pegasis, however the clear wheel now has some parts painted in solid yellow and the light launcher is now a translucent red. It was packaged with Rock Aquario 125SF.

Rock Pegasis 105 WB (Hasbro Faceoff: Sagitario Flame Claw)
The secondary beyblade in the set, this bey includes an orange colored Pegasis clear wheel and facebolt. The bey also includes recolored stickers to match the recolored Pegasis wheel.

Storm Pegasis 105 RF (Hasbro Super Vortex Battle Set)
A standard Storm Pegasis recolored in red and blue chrome. The set included rulebooks, guides, a stadium, and a similarily recolored [[Lightning Ldrago 100 HF]]. Due to the bey weighing less than the standard Hasbro versions, it is unknown if the bey uses a seperate Hasbro mold or the TT mold. If ordered via a telephone or online, a Hasbro [[Flame Sagitario C145 S]] with a luancher grip was also included in its normal colors.

----------------------------------------

I am open to all appropriete suggestions, questions, comments, and concerns! Thank you for reading!

LeontempestXIII
not to sure, just saying the name in the other version, where it comes from, and a small desciprion for color variants( ex.(super vortex storm pegasus) recolor, clear wheel red and metal wheel blue) is all that is neccessary :\
I think pictures would suffice.
That is, if you can get them.
(Nov. 15, 2010  1:00 AM)tman14 Wrote: not to sure, just saying the name in the other version, where it comes from, and a small desciprion for color variants( ex.(super vortex storm pegasus) recolor, clear wheel red and metal wheel blue) is all that is neccessary :\

Yeah, precisely. I think the format we have now is perfect, since further information can be found in the links anyway.

Quote:Wind Pegasis DF145 FS
Avaliable through the [[Random Booster Light Volume 1]], this bey includes a green colored Pegasis wheel as well as a Wind light wheel, DF145 spin track and a FS preformance tip. The bey also includes recolored stickers to match the recolored Pegasis wheel.

This has so much redundant text. You're inflating the content for no reason; it can all be condensed into "Wind Pegasis DF145FS", or the conventional name.
People should be able to tell from the name what parts are with the Beys, so the explanation of what it comes with is rather unnecessary. You shouldn't need to elaborate that it comes with ___performance tip or ____ spin track.

EDIT: Hmm, beaten.
removed alot of unnecisary/repeated information.

i did this for one main reason - inconsistancy. The current formatt for the Other vesions section is not specififc at all and very inconsistant in terms of the formatting. Also, when we just say the beys name, then the word "green" that is not telling us anything. Green could be anything. This is much more specific and informative

True, but color/minor part variants ussualy dont get pages, so what links? Are you refering to the random booster pages? those ages have a similar problem with just stating a color and not what the color is of. there are also no specififcs there either. plus, what about the hasbro variants?

blah: Pictures would actualy be a great alternative... and less complicated too

still open for more suggestions, questions, comments, concerns and ideas!
If you insist on specifying the clear wheel, it would be easier on the eyes if you did something like say "all recolours of the clear wheel have recoloured stickers to match" at the front instead of stating it in each description.

If you wanted to clarify, you could just say "Black Clear Wheel" instead of "this bey includes a black colored Pegasis Clear wheel" out to the side of what it comes from.
that is true...but i like documenting detail on this kind of stuff (OCD lol)

i will update this with the even shorter version tomarrow.
(Nov. 15, 2010  1:24 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: removed alot of unnecisary/repeated information.

i did this for one main reason - inconsistancy. The current formatt for the Other vesions section is not specififc at all and very inconsistant in terms of the formatting. Also, when we just say the beys name, then the word "green" that is not telling us anything. Green could be anything. This is much more specific and informative

True, but color/minor part variants ussualy dont get pages, so what links? Are you refering to the random booster pages? those ages have a similar problem with just stating a color and not what the color is of. there are also no specififcs there either. plus, what about the hasbro variants?

blah: Pictures would actualy be a great alternative... and less complicated too

still open for more suggestions, questions, comments, concerns and ideas!

In what way is this more detailed? You've added one extra clause, "and recolored stickers to match", which is generic and colloquial anyway.

What's inconsistent about it? I don't understand how "green" isn't informative enough, anyway. We try to give a good descriptor of colour, but we're not running an art or graphics wiki. It's absurd to put something like "Air Force Blue, #5D8AA8". The colour in the parentheses is obvious, given that the common denominator in all the Other Versions is the Clear Wheel; using simple logic, it's obvious what the colour is referring to. Additionally, the Random Booster pages all have the official Takara Tomy image on them, so it's just a case of matching the contents to the image. Admittedly, we could crop the image and have some sort of table matching the contents with the Beyblade image, but it's really not a massive concern, compared with the massive amounts of articles we need to get through.

Again, Hasbro variants will be added when someone can compile information on them.

Without sounding condescending towards your idea, we should really be focusing on producing drafts and redrafts of important articles, such as those concerning Metal Fight Beyblade, instead of these smaller article changes which will be of significantly less interest to the majority of people.
regarding that one comment, it may seem obvious to us, but what about people who are learning about beyblade for the 1st time?

i guess i did makee this overly complicated...agian, i will have a much different version up tomarrow
(Nov. 15, 2010  3:02 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: regarding that one comment, it may seem obvious to us, but what about people who are learning about beyblade for the 1st time?

i guess i did makee this overly complicated...agian, i will have a much different version up tomarrow

I'm not shure if this needs to go further btw we should update some articles such as beys with DF145 and such Speechless