Otakon 2009 Beyblade Cosplay

Hello, all!

I was just wondering if there are any Beyblade fans out there who are going to Otakon this year and, if so, would like to form a cosplay group! I, myself, have been planning to go as Kai since October and I have a friend who is coming with me who is going to be Rei so we'd love to have the company of some fellow BB fans at the event!

Although we are going as characters from the original series, we'd love to see some Metal Fight Beyblade cosplayers, too! Maybe we could even meet somewhere on the grounds to have a few battles!

Hope to hear some responses!
I will be attending Otakon, and I will be there in cosplay as Rei Kon. Hoping to see more people there who will support the event of a Bey Battle.
Good luck with that.
I am going to Otakon.
I dunno what I gonna cosplay as.
Maybe Daichi XD
(Thing is I not aloud to dye my hair ;[)
the only cosplay i will endorse is blader dj cosplay
(May. 05, 2009  3:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: the only cosplay i will endorse is blader dj cosplay

Someone needs to do this at BWR.
(May. 05, 2009  3:46 AM)Khel Wrote: Someone needs to do this at BWR.

if someone else makes me the costume i'll wear it

actually all i'd need is a vest and a bandana and i could do it
Rofl Brad sell to blades or your body lol.
And I think you will have enough for a vest and bandanna.
(May. 05, 2009  3:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: the only cosplay i will endorse is blader dj cosplay

I would love to see that so try and get photos done if it ever gets done, please.
I volunteered. :o If I do it, can I call the battles? xD
(May. 05, 2009  2:56 AM)BDaichi Wrote: I am going to Otakon.
I dunno what I gonna cosplay as.
Maybe Daichi XD
(Thing is I not aloud to dye my hair ;[)

Well, even if you're not going to cosplay, I'd love to meet you there so we could hang out for a while! Unfortunately I don't have many friends that are very accepting of my Beyblade fandom, so being able to talk to someone who isn't as judging would be nice!

If you do, I'd love some pictures! Especially of you, Brad! XD
Yeah AcousticHamster that would be kool ;]
Beybattle ;]
(May. 05, 2009  11:49 PM)BDaichi Wrote: Yeah AcousticHamster that would be kool ;]
Beybattle ;]

Totally!~
I don't know if I'll be bringing any of my HMS or MFBs, but I'm gonna have to bring at least one of my plastic Dranzers to complete the outfit, so we can definitely battle! I'll have my 'Ray' bring a stadium or something!
It'll be epic because, honestly, I have yet to see anyone Beybattling at Otakon! XD
if its close to me ill buy a white scarf , blue t-shirt, and a blue head band.
(May. 06, 2009  3:02 AM)BDaichi Wrote: Ha Hamster what MFB you have?

At the moment, I have a Pegasus BB-01 and a Capricorne BB-27. I'd buy more but I'm not yet as keen on MFBs as I am plastics and I just ran out of money -- getting all the necessary materials to make my costume cost me a couple paychecks! XD

What about you?
(May. 06, 2009  2:41 AM)Ginga Hagane Wrote: if its close to me ill buy a white scarf , blue t-shirt, and a blue head band.

Otakon's in Baltimore, Maryland so if it's close enough, I'd love to see you there!
Hm I got no MFB, I getting some when I go to japan. XD
I come back like a few days before the con.
Ha might get my band and my bros band to.
My bros band is touring the east coast in the summer. And my bro likes otakon sooo maybe they might go and play lol.
(May. 06, 2009  9:11 PM)BDaichi Wrote: Hm I got no MFB, I getting some when I go to japan. XD
I come back like a few days before the con.
Ha might get my band and my bros band to.
My bros band is touring the east coast in the summer. And my bro likes otakon sooo maybe they might go and play lol.

You're going to Japan this summer? Lucky!~
It'd be cool to meet your brother at Otakon, too, if he's there with you!
What kind of music do you play?
Yepp Japan I am sooo ready for it!
We both play hardcore music.
www.myspace.com/camisadorock Is his band
While my band, I am kinda lazy to set up the myspace
But we got a live on youtube and a music video XD

DAmn what am I gonna go to Otakon as lol
(May. 06, 2009  11:45 PM)BDaichi Wrote: Yepp Japan I am sooo ready for it!
We both play hardcore music.
www.myspace.com/camisadorock Is his band
While my band, I am kinda lazy to set up the myspace
But we got a live on youtube and a music video XD

DAmn what am I gonna go to Otakon as lol

I really like their music; it's pretty awesome!~ Metal with some moments of screamo thrown in there -- nice!

You don't really have to cosplay for Otakon if you don't want to. I made the thread, mainly, for the purpose of gathering together people who were already going to be cosplaying characters from the Beyblade universe(s). After all, cosplaying's pretty expensive.
Psh I always cosplay when I went to Otakon.
First year (07) I was my gaia character XD (aka a ninja)
and then 08 I was Kiba from nartuo.
haha post a pic of one of your cosplay costume?
(May. 07, 2009  7:58 PM)BDaichi Wrote: Psh I always cosplay when I went to Otakon.
First year (07) I was my gaia character XD (aka a ninja)
and then 08 I was Kiba from nartuo.
haha post a pic of one of your cosplay costume?

I would, but this is actually going to be my first time cosplaying at Otakon, so I don't have any to share. I'll post my Kai costume when it's finished and I've gotten all the necessary layers to wear underneath -- I'm crossplaying, so I have to get some new ACE bandages and a pair of compression shorts. XD
This is awesome, right, Kai? People actually wanting to join this event of ours. I cannot wait!

-Rei Kon.
haha Yeah it looks like its gonna be beasting.