Osamu Mashimo - the creator of Beyblade!

Someone really needs to translate this.
(Dec. 11, 2012  6:20 PM)Luck Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2012  6:09 PM)W0LF Wrote: So he's the one that made beyblade to what it is today huh,well i guess that makes him a genius

Actually, I think it's interesting people call him a 'genius' since it wouldn't be that hard to think of the idea of customizable spinning tops. I mean, sure, I love him for what he's created, but the actual idea was pretty basic. the marketing would've been more complex. but to make beyblade the franchise it is today, yeah , he's pretty clever.

Yeah, and a whole lot of people apparently didn't beat him to making it a success, so he had to have something going for him.

This is quite interesting, and it's always nice to see plastics acknowledged at all these days, haha.

I agree with Kei on translation, haha.
Wait, I thought I had sent a reply to Kei's post ... Anyway, I had wanted to reply that I really translated the essential in the first post, there is nothing more substantial there where a word-for-word translation would be necessary.
Are both Battletop and Suge Goma both made by Takara or a different company? Just wondering.
Yes, they are from when Osamu Mashimo started working within Takara.
@ Kai-V: Thanks for clearing that up. I had also attempted to find anything of Suge Goma, but could not find it.
(Dec. 15, 2012  6:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Wait, I thought I had sent a reply to Kei's post ... Anyway, I had wanted to reply that I really translated the essential in the first post, there is nothing more substantial there where a word-for-word translation would be necessary.

Really? This:

Kai-V Wrote:The rest of the page is quite incomprehensible because I have no idea if they are talking about how Bakuten Shoot Beyblade did or how Metal Fight Beyblade perform now, but the text is very positive.

makes it sound as if there was a sizable amount of the text that you were unable to translate/understand.
It just says that Beyblade did really well in many countries around the world. Seriously, it is nothing I have not already posted once in a while in the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic.
I like that guy.If that guy didn't make beyblades it will be no WBBO!!!!
This guy is important.
(Dec. 21, 2012  2:45 PM)BeylordGT (BY) Wrote: I like that guy.If that guy didn't make beyblades it will no WBBO!!!!
This guy is important.

I'm touched! Haha. :p
Dude that guy is awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Please tell me we have an image of this Dragoon art board???

So this is the man that started it all...

I would love him more if he just made more products that directly acknowldged Bakuten Shoot. Otherwise, bravo sir
(Dec. 30, 2012  6:50 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Please tell me we have an image of this Dragoon art board???

You have really not read my whole post ...
It is good to see credit where it is due.

At this point it can only be speculated whether his recent promotion to Senior Managing Director (effective Oct 2012 - and perhaps, something to do with this dedication page) means he will work towards continuing the product line. As discussed, they don't tend to make publications like this for products with a hiatus just around the corner.
(Dec. 30, 2012  6:50 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Please tell me we have an image of this Dragoon art board???

So this is the man that started it all...

I would love him more if he just made more products that directly acknowldged Bakuten Shoot. Otherwise, bravo sir

The Dragoon artboard can be seen in the background of the article
I did read your post. I simply did not originally click the image, nor does it say anywhere to click the image in your post

Poster looks really cool. Really hoping whomever gets one will post a close up online or scan it for us

I see Performance Tips and Spin Tracks are being sold in small little booster packs...I wish more prts were sold that way. Takara TOMY could make a lot of money off replacement parts for beys and such
That is not even what I was referring to ... I clearly wrote in my post that we have to forget about ever seeing those artboards, because they are going to be way too rare.

Anyway, it is always cool to see you post again, Kuznetsov. It is great that you can see the optimistic side too.
By the way, it seems that the special WBBA Parts Sets had to be pre-ordered within a certain period, and now they are going to start being shipped, along with the limited artboards. It is normal that we have not even seen any of them yet then, hah. It will also be interesting to see what happens with TAKARA-TOMY, Osamu Mashimo, and Beyblade now that the campaign is basically finished ...
Wow, seems to me beyblade history is very interesting and I'm going to do research on that.
I don't understand any of that information but the 1st paragraph after i did research on beigoma. but i still dont know what are battletops and suge goma; i did searching and i didn't find anything understandable or has any information. this is the paragraph which will make lots of sense to me if i do understand:
" The rest of the page is quite incomprehensible because I have no idea if they are talking about how Bakuten Shoot Beyblade did or how Metal Fight Beyblade perform now, but the text is very positive. "
what does bakuten shoot and suge goma mean???

and last, what are artboards and what did Kai-V mean by there is still much hope?
hope in what?

i wonder if this should be moved to the q&a thread

thanks if i ever got an answer. Stupid
Hm, you have really not been into Beyblade for a long time ...

A simple search on Wikipedia could have told you that "Bakuten" means 'explosive', in this case, and that it is the original Beyblade series' name. "Suge" is another Japanese word that essentially means "cool".

All of the names are obviously series, toylines. I really think I have explained this before in one of my posts in this topic, even ...

As for hope for what, go read the BBG-28 topic in this section, and a few of the threads in the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum, on its first page ...
Osamu Mashimo - you are my HERO
(Jan. 29, 2013  6:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, you have really not been into Beyblade for a long time ...

A simple search on Wikipedia could have told you that "Bakuten" means 'explosive', in this case, and that it is the original Beyblade series' name. "Suge" is another Japanese word that essentially means "cool".

All of the names are obviously series, toylines. I really think I have explained this before in one of my posts in this topic, even ...

As for hope for what, go read the BBG-28 topic in this section, and a few of the threads in the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum, on its first page ...

yeah you're right i haven't been updated in beyblade for quite some time. Lips_sealed
thanks anyway Stupid
(Dec. 11, 2012  6:20 PM)Luck Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2012  6:09 PM)W0LF Wrote: So he's the one that made beyblade to what it is today huh,well i guess that makes him a genius

Actually, I think it's interesting people call him a 'genius' since it wouldn't be that hard to think of the idea of customizable spinning tops. I mean, sure, I love him for what he's created, but the actual idea was pretty basic. the marketing would've been more complex. but to make beyblade the franchise it is today, yeah , he's pretty clever.

Everything is obvious in hindsight, isn't it? It's easy for us to say this now, but the toy market back in 1998 was very different than it is now. There wasn't really anything like this on the market.

[Image: Bearingstingspgear.jpg]
[Image: Gripbase1.jpg]

Even looking at the first series of Beyblade's, the amount of design ingenuity there is just stunning. Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger and Dragoon Grip Attacker are incredible designs in retrospect. NSK ball bearings? Huge rubber tips to increase movement speed? We take these designs for granted now, but there was nothing like this at the time.

I mean, he's certainly no Einstein ... but let's give credit where credit is due. Beyblade's marketing is nothing extraordinary, and outside of Japan it's barely mediocre. Yet it managed to capture the hearts of children in a way similar to the juggernaut Pokémon was able to. That means something.
Not to mention the idea was resonant enough with kids that it became huge both times around - and it'll do so again in future, methinks.

I'm curious how much input he had into the blades you mentioned, though. The earliest beyblade tops are markedly simplistic, it's only after those initial nine that things suddenly become perhaps as experimental as beyblade design has ever been (at least for one part of each bey, generally the AR). If his input were only in the former, then while it's still pretty neat, it's not exceptional (though wing cross is neato!) If he had input into the examples you mentioned and their kin, then I hope he's getting a nice big royalties cheque on a regular basis. Of course, this doesn't detract from your point about customizable spinning tops either way, just my ramblings.
Osamu Mashimo is still in TAKARA-TOMY, so I really hope that he at least had occasional input ... They also mention Metal Fight Beyblade in the rest of the page I think, therefore he must have influenced that line too.