Ommy's Corner

What's this, you ask? Why it's quite simple!

People have been posting serious stuff in the Random Thoughts topic, and it often gets lost or diluted in all the hoopla that is the not-so-serious stuff. This thread will hopefully remedy that.

I realize that you guys are older than the kind of demographic that we had in OtC, since kids tend to grow up. As such, an 'Ask Ommy' section may not be as appropriate, but there's still some wisdom in these bones of mine, and if you still have meaningful questions, issues about life, or other serious matters you would enjoy discussing, post here! You all may be older, but I am older still and have quite a fair bit of experience to share. Note, that I am not trying to be condescending. Think of me as a coach, of sorts. And who knows - maybe if people have a lot of stuff on their minds, it can open up the possibility of Brad creating a separate (or child) forum section for it. *crosses fingers*

I will personally do my best to provide my input, and it will be available to see for others to provide input as well to help support anything I say (or to steer you in the right direction should I be off the mark). No topic is taboo to me. It can be about relationships, family, school life, sex, growing up - anything (though I'd have to double-check with Brad to see if there really are any restrictions for the sake of appropriate censorship, if need be).

However before anyone begins, some ground rules:
-This is a serious thread, and I would like everyone to keep this in mind. Leave your jokes, sarcasm, ridicule, memes/internet pictures, prejudice, and malice at the door (no matter if it's light-hearted or severe). We have no place for it here, as this is a place of healing and enlightenment.
-Have an open mind, and an open heart.
-Do not be argumentative or bitter. Be constructive. We are here to build each other up, not tear each other down. On the flip side, try not to be overly sensitive to feedback you hear. The truth can be bittersweet or downright heavy to intake, but sometimes you need to hear it.

Should you fall out of line, I will call you out (though not in a demeaning way - it will be a gentle correction). Do so repeatedly, and it might be harsher.
Do you have sample of appropriate post for this topic?
I'd say use your better judgment. Unless Brad gives me some form of confirmation, then try to avoid posting things that might be offensive or graphic to younger viewers.
hahaha gay fag is gay foreign countries are dumb and

[Image: Seaking_Kombat.gif]

There, I think that's everything out of the way.
Yes. :-3

Good luck with this, but what I said to you earlier still stands. I'm pretty content right now. Hopefully my life will fall to shambles soon so we can give this a whirl!
From the stuff I read in Random Thoughts, there are times people feel down. And it's not like it's me alone dishing out the advice. This is for everyone to contribute.