Omega Discussion

I'm (sort of) surprised there's no thread for Omega yet. Are you all afraid to use it? LOL

Attack Stadium
BeyLauncher LR for both
Omega custom launched second
Worn RFs
Mint R2F
Worn WD
Calm CS

vs. STAMINA

MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Phantom Aquario AD145WD
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 15 wins
MF-H Phantom Aquario AD145WD: 5 wins
Omega win percentage: 75%

MF Omega (Assault Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Phantom Aquario AD145WD
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 14 wins
MF-H Phantom Aquario AD145WD: 6 wins
Omega win percentage: 70%

Most of Phantom's wins in both sets of results were a result of wall saves.

MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145R2F vs. MF-H Duo Cancer TH170CS (170 Height)
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 8 wins
MF-H Duo Cancer TH170CS: 12 wins
Omega win percentage: 40%

vs. DEFENSE
MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 7 wins
MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS: 13 wins
Omega win percentage: 35%

MF Omega (Assault Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 1 win
MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS: 9 wins
Omega win percentage: 10%

I thought it was odd that Assault Mode would be so far inferior, so I conducted ten more tests with Barrage Mode ...

MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS: 8 wins
1 draw

It must have been the RF, I guess? I switched it out for another one and did ten more tests with each mode:

MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 5 wins
MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS: 5 wins
Omega win percentage: 50%

MF Omega (Assault Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 3 wins
MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS: 7 wins
Omega win percentage: 30%

As I suspected, Barrage Mode still ended up being slightly better. The set up of Barrage Mode is better than Assault Mode, I think. In Assault Mode, the protrusions/wings of the Metal Frame sit between both the rounded protrusion of the Core and the sloped one. In Barrage Mode, the wings of the Metal Frame sit directly on top of the sloped protrusions of the Core, allowing for a thicker, more concentrated attack point, rather than having it spread out like it is in Assault Mode.

Mind you, this is simply a hypothesis. I'd love to hear what other people think once they've experimented with both modes.

Also, I didn't bother recording any tests against RDF because the the movement it does have usually inhibits Omega's ability to make any strong hits, and any hits it is able to make are neutralized by the grip it has.

MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Fusion Aquario BD145CS
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 14 wins
MF-H Fusion Aquario BD145CS: 4 wins
2 draws
Omega win percentage: 70%

No contest. Omega KOed Fusion with ease, even at a low spin velocity.

MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Death Aquario BD145CS
MF-H Death Aquario BD145CS: 9 wins

Need more tests against Death ... it seems odd that it was able to KO Duo as much as it did, while struggling against Death.

Keep in mind that for the next two sets of results, Basalt was not launched at 100% so that it would not move excessively. If I had shot it at 100% and Basalt had circled the Tornado Ridge, Omega would likely have done worse:

MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145RF vs. MF-H Basalt Cancer BD145CS
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 5 wins
MF-H Basalt Cancer BD145CS: 15 wins
Omega win percentage: 33%

MF Omega (Barrage Mode) Unicorno TR145R2F vs. MF-H Basalt Cancer BD145CS
MF Omega Unicorno TR145RF: 3 wins
MF-H Basalt Cancer BD145CS: 6 wins
1 draw
Omega win percentage: 30%

So, Omega does have some respectable Smash Attack. Not great, but respectable. To make it work, you absolutely have to shoot as hard as possible, and you have to know how to bank really well. It has no real sharp Smash Attack points like VariAres does–which is both a good and a bad thing–and the wings are smooth for the most part, unlike Blitz's. The design is similar to Lightning actually (what a surprise); both have six wings and most of them are relatively smooth.

It did surprisingly well against MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS, but it was by no means easy, and I was probably a bit lucky too!

And in case you're wondering: I used Unicorno and TR145 because they have good synergy with Omega. Unicorno lines up perfectly with the wings of the Metal Frame in Barrage Mode (the sharp point at the end of each "horn" is exposed as well, which could potentially add more Smash Attack), and TR145 is close to doing the same. I chose TR145 over R145 because it's more compact and fits more snugly up against the Metal Wheel, thus increasing spin velocity, which is necessary to maximize the performance of Omega. It might be interesting to see some people test it with R145, though!
Thanks for all of the great tests Kei!

You're absolutely right, I haven't done any tests because I didn't want to ruin the beautiful finish. Aaaand now I don't have to! ;p
Wow! Didn't even realize it came out yet >.>

Promising, that's for sure!!
CoolGrin I will post other test results, assult mode works sometimes better but most of time is barrage better
Hm, interesting results so far, Phantom really struggled against Omega, while Duo was a bit harder for Omega to beat, while Death and Basalt made it look so inferior.... that being said, I would like to see how this performs in Attack.
So....
MF Omega (Barrage Mode) CH120/TR145RF Vs VariAres (Left Spin) CH120/R145RF
and
MF Omega (Assault Mode) CH120/TR145RF Vs VariAres (Left Spin) CH120/R145RF
If you don't mind.
Standard procedure
Mint rf and r2f
Omega started with sliding shoot
semi aggrissive cs

Mf-h basalt bull bd145cs vs mf- h omega dragonis 85rf ( barrage)

Basalt - 19 wins(17 os, 2ko)
Omega 1 win ( ko)
draws - 1
omega 5%

Mf-h basalt bull bd145cs vs mf- h omega dragonis 85rf ( assult)
Basalt - 15 wins(14 os, 1ko)
Omega - 5 wins( ko)
Draws - 1

omega- 25%

Mf- h Vari Ares r145 rf( right) vs mf-h omega dragonis ch120 r2f (assult)
Vari ares- 10 wins(3 os, 7ko)
Omega - 10 wins (8 ko, 2os)
Draws- 5 ( lol)

Omega - 50%

Mf-h Omega Kerbecs ch120rf (barrage) vs Mf-h Death Bull Bd145cs(defense)
Omega - 0 wins
Death - 10 wins(os)

Omega - 0%

Mf-h omega kerbecs ch120rf (assult) vs mf-h death bull bd145cs ( defense)
Omega - 1 win(ko)
Death - 9 wins(os)

Omega - 10%

mf-h omega kerbecs ch120r2f (assult) vs mf-h death bull bd145cs(defense)
Omega - 3 wins(ko)
Death - 7 wins (6 os, 1ko)
1draw

Omega - 30%

mf-h omega kerbecs ch120r2f (barrage) vs mf-h death bull bd145cs (defense)
omega - 1win(ko)
Death - 9 wins (os)

omega - 10%

I will post the other test results when I have time

Lol..it's not that I'm afraid to use it, it' just that I don't have it yet. By the way can you test this combo please

Omega Kerbecs CH120RF vs Top Tier defend combos..

Thanks in advanceSmile
CH120R2F tests would be cool. (vs BD145CS/RDF customs)

Strange that Death did better.. Perhaps its design is just more desirable for certain situations? :V
I add new results, yeah I know that only 10 fights are not much but I didn' t had the time for more
Haha, I was waiting for this thread. Smile
Try OmegaDragonis S130RF/R2F vs. Death/Duo/Basalt__ BD145CS

RDF and RB testing is good too. Thanks in advance.
Sooooo 85 and CH120 are a wash on this one, how sad, I was hoping for a small attack combo to win again.

Try him on R145, that's the results I'm waiting to see!

Andddd why not, we should test him for defense, or counter-attack perhaps lol
Yeah i will make, but wait the tests with 85 was with RF, with r2f it's much better, I 'll post the 85r2f tests too
Hmm, it seems that Omega sucks. How disappointing.
Anyway, will buy an another one tomorrow (maybe),and I'll do more tests.
It is not surprising in the least that Omega isn't particularly good - it's too lightweight, and the contact points on it really don't seem to mean much, comparatively.

I'm thinking this might've been alright had it come out during the Libra/Earth days, though... if anyone feels like just goofing around with those to see if it handles them any better, that would be neat!
Omega Dragonis R145RF (Barrage Mode) VS. Scythe Kronos 230D
Omega Dragonis R145RF: 5/10
Scythe Kronos 230D: 5/10
Omega Dragonis R145RF win rate: 50%
All that really matters now is comparative tests, guys.

It's bad, I know, but what's most similar to it?
My guess would be that it's a right-spin LLD in form and function, essentially. Looks like it's just below being competitive against 4D, so it would probably do what LLD does - Earth, Libra, maybe certain Basalt combos, etc.
In form..? What do you mean by that?

I won't put it down just yet considering we've had, like, 3 testers so far.
I remember one little thread where a Metal Wheel called VariAres got 0% vs Basalt BD145CS in its initial testings, but look where it is now? :V
The design is very LLD, and intended to be as such.

I know underestimating it is a bit soonish, but it is very lightweight comparably.

That is why I want to see it tossed up against Earth and Libra and non-BD145 Basalt combos.
Have you tried testing it on slightly higher tracks than 85, such as 100,etc?
I did some new tests, I will post when I'm back from school, but how it seems it performs with lf105( in some days I get my df105), 85,90 really good
(Feb. 15, 2012  7:48 AM)Hazel Wrote: The design is very LLD, and intended to be as such.

I know underestimating it is a bit soonish, but it is very lightweight comparably.

That is why I want to see it tossed up against Earth and Libra and non-BD145 Basalt combos.

The wheels are completely different/similar in absolutely zero ways, though..?

"Great it would have been useful 15 releases ago!"
I mean, it would be interesting to know, but won't hold water, really.
Omega Unicorno BD145RF VS. Scythe Kronos 230D
Omega Unicorno BD145RF: 8/10
Scythe Kronos 230D: 2/10
Omega Unicorno BD145RF win rate: 80%
Tests which can actually validate a Metal Wheels potential are what we want..

Your tests don't tell us anything new, really.

Meaningful tests, Mars.
(When we get a new attack wheel, we test it vs top-tier Defense, Balance and perhaps other Attack wheels. We already know Attack can beat Stamina.)
(Feb. 15, 2012  10:48 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2012  7:48 AM)Hazel Wrote: The design is very LLD, and intended to be as such.

The wheels are completely different/similar in absolutely zero ways, though..?

I'm going to have to agree with Hazel. As I mentioned in the OP, both Lightning and Omega have six wings, and each of them are relatively smooth. They're not mirror images of each other by any means, but their design in principle is similar. I'd like to say that their performance is similar as well; neither Lightning or Omega have the type of devastating Smash that something like VariAres does, but they also don't have a high amount of recoil (again, I alluded to these things in the OP).