Old Project: Make the Stadium articles burst!

Since no one has stepped up to do the HMS stadiums i'm going to make an attempt at them. They might not be amazing but they should still be there to document them (would have been so much easier if someone had done this in 2007 when loads of people who had these and had used them were around!) Also is there a reason no one is doing anything for this apart from me?! We had like a surge of effort for like a week and now when we're approaching the deadline nothing. I know there are some people here who could be doing something for MFB stadiums. Even just stuff like the extreme beystadium needs to be done.
Who knows : considering that some plastic Beyblades articles had major flaws, perhaps articles on stadiums written by the same people from back then would also not have been too good, hah ...

I had some exams this week, but I should have more time now, after the weekend's work. Also, nobody is really replying to the Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium draft anymore, and that needs to be cleared before any other Hasbro Beyblade Metal Fusion stadium drafts get approved.
Many of the articles are not good because they missed things that should be noticed by someone with experience with the parts and other parts that relate to it competitively.
As much as I'm working to get the best estimations I can for these articles, I worry that we're similarly going to miss things, though given the rarity of most of these stadiums and the fact that the only way to get most of them involves Y!JA and exorbitant shipping costs even when they do pop up means we almost certainly won't ever complete them if we don't use estimation... Still, each error on the wiki reflects badly on the useful content.......

Tornado Balance and TBTS though, should be done by now, and there are certainly people who should be pulling some of the weight, though I guess I haven't contributed much thus far (which will change in the coming days.)

Personally, Tornado Balance's validity as a plastics stadium needs to be tested - plastics is already slightly defensively biased even without taking into account the extremely poor accessibility of the two best attack parts, so a stadium with less exit area alone strikes me as a bad idea, let alone one that manages to inhibit the extremely powerful HMS attackers.
I would think the Sonokong Triple Battle Type Stadium (or whatever it is called) should be legalized in its place, though really between BB-10 and Tornado Attack things are already covered.

At the very least, I think we should have a note on articles that haven't been fully tested explaining that that is the case and giving a short explanation of why, and perhaps an indication of somewhere where anyone who has the stadium or whatever could help out... It's better than pretending we know something for sure when we don't.
I was thinking something similar in terms of that note. At the top in the place of where the statement that an article is a stub would go for unfinished articles.
I'll write up something suitably officious tonight/tomorrow (seeing as the one used for MFB won't cover it), perhaps alongside one for plastic articles which contain a significant amount of incorrect information seeing as I've been meaning to suggest that for a while (though this is the first time I've mentioned it, I think).
(Oct. 19, 2012  5:22 PM)Ultra Wrote: I was thinking something similar in terms of that note. At the top in the place of where the statement that an article is a stub would go for unfinished articles.

That is probably the best solution.
Another thing: I have very little to really write on the tornado Balance article apart from stuff about wolborg MS. Should I still create a draft for it?
Has anyone done the Hades Gate Beystadium or the Grafiti Den Beystadiums(both by Hasbro)
(Oct. 20, 2012  5:13 PM)Ultra Wrote: Another thing: I have very little to really write on the tornado Balance article apart from stuff about wolborg MS. Should I still create a draft for it?

Write as much you as you can, and we will see if it is really not enough.

(Oct. 20, 2012  7:55 PM)wtater888 Wrote: Has anyone done the Hades Gate Beystadium or the Grafiti Den Beystadiums(both by Hasbro)

Not from what I can remember, but using the Search function would really help ...
The deadline's today! If there's a stadium you own or used to own in the past that has not gotten a draft yet, be quick! It is quite sad that nobody seems to remember the old Hasbro stadiums; nobody wrote anything about them ...
I have a draft of one of those half finished but I've been much, much busier than expected the past few days (and I guess the past month, too, though that was less unexpected), so it (and the tornado attack draft) probably won't be done in time. Unfortunate, but largely unavoidable.
The deadline for this Project of the Moment has passed. It might not appear as productive as the first Project of the Moment, but its nature was completely different, and drafts need more time to revise and modify to a point where they are ready to be published on Beywiki. As such, we were still able to come up with 14 new drafts on BeyStadiums, so we can definitely consider this a success regardless. Congratulations and thank you everyone who contributed!

I had sent a message to keyblader007 on YouTube asking if he could help in any way, but he never replied ...

As a conclusive note, if anybody knows anything at all about the old Hasbro BeyStadiums, bring back this topic at any time. They were greatly undevelopped during this Project, which is sad considering that people used to own at least one of them a few years ago...

As usual, the ending of this Project of the Moment does not mean that the effort to have more stadium articles written should stop.

The next Project of the Moment should be posted in the next few days.
Here or in the Fact Dépôt topic, here are a few points if anybody at all can write about Hasbro's old stadiums at least from memory :

- The Earthquake Arena is slightly smaller, because the walls are thicker.

- The Thunder Rumbler's shape is erratic, however it is mostly outside, so it cannot affect the performance.

- For the Driger Den stadium, there are three Driger emblems embossed into the top of the walls. The pockets also seem quite wide, but only in terms of horizontal depth.

What seems to change in most cases is only the vague shape of the back wall of the pockets.
Uh, I was just wondering if I'd be allowed to attempt an article on this- Beyblade A-44: Magne Stadium
I own this stadium, and I know just Dracomageat (apart from me) who owns this stadium- which probably means that the stadium is somewhat rare and hence no one has tried to make an article on it... Confused
I don't know how to take the measurements of a stadium though, and I wonder if I even have the right equipment to measure it or not. I suck at mensuration and geometry stuff, so maybe I wouldn't know any formulas to calculate such stuff(or even if I do, there are chances that the measurements may not be quite accurate?)

Of course, I have NEVER tried to write an BeyWiki article before, so I might make some horrendous mistakes. Still, I think its worth the try? Or maybe, if someone else owns this stadium and is better at writing drafts, I might be able to help with some "facts" in the "Fact Depot" thread if he/she needs it. Smile

P.S. I searched the BeyWiki Project Forum, but didn't find any thread like- Magne Stadium Draft(though I somewhat remember Ultra speaking about this stadium somewhere in this Forum).
To be more precise, I just typed- "Stadium" in the search box, so that I get results of all the stadium drafts posted. Smile
Yes, go ahead and write a draft about it. For the format, you can always look at the BeyStadium Attack Type (MFB) article, and hopefully we can drag Dracomageat into the draft thread as well.

I verified, and Ultra has not written an article about it.