Oh, Bey Me! [Marietta, GA, USA] [2/25/12]

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Time for the first tournament in Georgia hosted by your's truly, and the first one in Marietta. Anyone get the pun? Obey me = Oh, Bey Me! I got the idea from a Family Guy shirt.

The park is called East Cobb Park, its address is:

3322 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062

Time: 2:00 PM is the start of the event.

Prizes: Flame Byxis, Ray Unicorno, Grand Ketos, and Rock Giraffe (Three of the prizes are for the main tournament, one of them is for the winner of the Rock side event).

Fee: $5 for standard attendance, $10 for a Blader Passport which in to all WBO events for free for a year.

There will be a team battle between the Blade Runners, the Raging Flames, and Team Endrajt, there will also be a Rock side event, the Rock side event is a tournament with Beyblade combos that include the Rock Wheel, and there's gonna be a tag team side event.

Attending
Mr. Harkins
Bey Taser
Meltex
waofautumn
MxGIC
Hintin
Universe²
Zer0
Primal
Demon
Sirius
ruggedhands
RAVENxX
themothership
neolrix
Whiteboy5
Marquiss99
Titi

Unconfirmed
Storm Dragoon
iBeyblader
bladermax
Battler66
Marquiss99

Not attending
OnyxKrowe
pegasusBD
Matthew 711
Lauren2011
MichaelWBO
Ari
Vulcan Blaze
thejakesword101

Everyone thank Kai-V for generously approving this tournament.

If anyone has any questions about the event or how to get to East Cobb Park, please call or text my cell phone: 404-604-0184.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Feb. 01, 2012  1:59 AM)Meltex Wrote: If you don't have the money to spend, then do we get nothing? And I know this is gonna be at a park but is it on table or ground?
Yep, unless someone else would want to bring prizes. It is not a rule to bring or have prizes, it is the host's decision.
If I can't afford Zero G pre-orders, the prizes would be Hasbro Beyblades.
Haha awesome, people can host tournaments without the fear of not having prizes, which means more frequent tourneys Grin
Anybody have Wing and/or Fang?
I'm willing to trade Beat (nothing wrong or cracked, I'm just not good at deep banking) and Death (nothing wrong with it either, it's just an outclassed wheel in my collection). Please PM me if any of yall do and will be going to the tourney Smile
It will be on the grass.
Actually, keep me unconfirmed.I might be able to go.Lucky for me, i just got duo, wing, diablo and phantom!Grin hopefully i can use them if i go.
Is there a rule anywhere that says you can't bring EVERY beyblade part in current production and a bring a non participant to a tournament, have them watch and tell you what parts certain people are working with, then build a kind of counter for what they will most likely use when you face them? Lol, and I've seen it's extremely easy to cheat, will there be anyone keeping things like this under control?

And I can bring a table and blanket if you want Harkins, I might be able to help you out with prizes as well.
(Feb. 01, 2012  2:29 PM)Meltex Wrote: Is there a rule anywhere that says you can't bring EVERY beyblade part in current production and a bring a non participant to a tournament, have them watch and tell you what parts certain people are working with, then build a kind of counter for what they will most likely use when you face them? Lol, and I've seen it's extremely easy to cheat, will there be anyone keeping things like this under control?

And I can bring a table and blanket if you want Harkins, I might be able to help you out with prizes as well.

That is part of good sportsmanship that we do not think we should even have to mention ... Personally if you do that I would have you disqualified. Judges and hosts are indeed supposed to check that.
YESSSSSSSSSS finally the tourney is approved can't wait to see everyone again thanks HARKINs and i see there are new people coming to this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES
(Feb. 01, 2012  4:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2012  2:29 PM)Meltex Wrote: Is there a rule anywhere that says you can't bring EVERY beyblade part in current production and a bring a non participant to a tournament, have them watch and tell you what parts certain people are working with, then build a kind of counter for what they will most likely use when you face them? Lol, and I've seen it's extremely easy to cheat, will there be anyone keeping things like this under control?

That is part of good sportsmanship that we do not think we should even have to mention ... Personally if you do that I would have you disqualified. Judges and hosts are indeed supposed to check that.

Im sure it doesnt happen on the level I described above, at least not to my knowledge, but it does happen. The rules I read say nothing against this on any level. Except for the stalling clause, which only touches base with this idea. I wasnt saying I was planning on doing this, I just dont want it done to me. Being defeated by someone that has been watching you all tourament and has so many beyblades with him/her that there is multiple combos to choose from would probably be quite frustrating. Frustrating enough for them to start doing this "shady" way of playing on their own.
(Feb. 01, 2012  5:54 PM)PAPaBlader Wrote: What is TBA

It is To Be Announced kind sir.
thanks Meltex ooh r u going to the tourney
What time?
Yea I'll for sure be there PAPA. We are gonna find somewhere to eat before the tourney. If anyone wants to join us say so lol.

If I'm not mistaken it starts at 2.
Awsome that SOUNDS COOL 2:00 IS GOOD
Could we do the Rock event before the tournament like last time it worked out good because aren't you doing team battles... Because not everyone can stay through the whole tournament because they have to go.
Double Posting is not allowed on the WBO. You should have just edited your last. And I'd gueess that he will do that again, as it did indeed work well.
Sorry???? How did you get your thing on the bottom of your post???
ViRuZ, this topic is about the tournament. Make sure to read the Help section below the site's banner, and otherwise search inside the "Questions about the WBO" thread to find answers to your questions.
I feel like this tournament will decide if beyblading will hold my interest or not. I'm really hoping for a clear atmosphere and fairness.
Meltex Wrote:Im sure it doesnt happen on the level I described above, at least not to my knowledge, but it does happen. The rules I read say nothing against this on any level. Except for the stalling clause, which only touches base with this idea. I wasnt saying I was planning on doing this, I just dont want it done to me. Being defeated by someone that has been watching you all tourament and has so many beyblades with him/her that there is multiple combos to choose from would probably be quite frustrating. Frustrating enough for them to start doing this "shady" way of playing on their own.

Report them to me.
Hey can i maybe bring my attack stadium to the tourney?????? Harkins put dranzerx24 on confirmed i will be taking him....
It would be much appreciated if you did, the more the merrier.
ok I will It should be coming in the mail and i wil bring it!!!! Harkins can you change the confirmed PAPaBlader to ViRuZ Plz.....