Odin Discussion

Oh you can definitely continue, especially to see if new releases are able to be good elsewhere and counter it, making the game more balanced.
While you can still test there are a lot of other things that need testing (like Neptune).
Realizing this is old and I'm necroing it anyway.

I've recently gotten a purple Takara Odin from the Random Booster V2, and while it's amazing looking, it seems to burst extremely easy. Even in comparison to my poo beys. Anyone else have any experience with it or is mine just a janky Layer?
(May. 06, 2017  6:11 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: Realizing this is old and I'm necroing it anyway.

I've recently gotten a purple Takara Odin from the Random Booster V2, and while it's amazing looking, it seems to burst extremely easy. Even in comparison to my poo beys. Anyone else have any experience with it or is mine just a janky Layer?

What is the combo you use it on? Odin Heavy Defense is the best discovered for now. Also, it's important to give Odin a bit of a weaker launch compared to the other blade, as that is when it is at it's best.
(May. 06, 2017  6:16 PM)I\m Suzaku-X Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  6:11 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: Realizing this is old and I'm necroing it anyway.

What is the combo you use it on? Odin Heavy Defense is the best discovered for now. Also, it's important to give Odin a bit of a weaker launch compared to the other blade, as that is when it is at it's best.

With the parts I have currently it's mainly Odin/Heavy/Revolve or Needle. The launch may be my problem at that point, haven't quite got a handle on the string launcher yet.
(May. 06, 2017  7:07 PM)LetItDrip Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  6:16 PM)I\m Suzaku-X Wrote: What is the combo you use it on? Odin Heavy Defense is the best discovered for now. Also, it's important to give Odin a bit of a weaker launch compared to the other blade, as that is when it is at it's best.

With the parts I have currently it's mainly Odin/Heavy/Revolve or Needle. The launch may be my problem at that point, haven't quite got a handle on the string launcher yet.

Try to get a feel for when the string ends, that way you can let go when the string ends instead of slowing down in fear of breaking it. That's the best way to get a strong launch, a weak launch is easier since you don't have to let go at all.
you know i will use odin yell gyro whit a normal launch not to weak not to strong
The launcher tips have helped a lot. But the Ol' All-Father still keeps getting blown to bits 9 times out of 10. Even against stuff like Hasbro Nepstrius N2/Gravity/Massive. It honestly feels looser than the other two Takara ones I have. At this point, I'm pretty just it's just mine being weird.
(May. 06, 2017  7:46 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: The launcher tips have helped a lot. But the Ol' All-Father still keeps getting blown to bits 9 times out of 10. Even against stuff like Hasbro Nepstrius N2/Gravity/Massive. It honestly feels looser than the other two Takara ones I have. At this point, I'm pretty just it's just mine being weird.

Huh, maybe your's is just a manufacturing variant that is bad. I had a similar problem with a Defense driver once.
(May. 06, 2017  7:51 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  7:46 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: The launcher tips have helped a lot. But the Ol' All-Father still keeps getting blown to bits 9 times out of 10. Even against stuff like Hasbro Nepstrius N2/Gravity/Massive. It honestly feels looser than the other two Takara ones I have. At this point, I'm pretty just it's just mine being weird.

Huh, maybe your's is just a manufacturing variant that is bad. I had a similar problem with a Defense driver once.

Upon further inspection, it looks like the little teeth on the inner portion are kinda messed up. Dulled and like they've been used a lot. Which is disappoint since its brand new... oh well..