Aug

Now That's What I Call CLASSIC Vol 1.

New York, New York
Tournament Results
Riverbank State Park
679 Riverside Dr
  Meet at lawns by the southern end of the Track/ Football Field. Near the community Garde.
12:00 PM on 08/19/2023
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey Everyone!

We're back at it again with another tournament! This time we'll be in Manhattan's Riverbank State Park.

Our current tournament date is Saturday, August 19th, 2023 at Riverbank State park for a Beyblade Burst Classic Format tournament!

Important Information:

1. Tournament Registration begins at 11:30 AM. 

Please plan to arrive at our meetup location before registration starts. The later you arrive, the longer it will take to start the tournament.

2. The Tournament begins at 12:00pm. 

You will not be able to register after 12:00pm. Even if you are joined to this tournament on this thread, if you are not registered by 12:00pm or arrive after 12:00pm we will be unable to fit you into the bracket.

Tournament System:

Depending on the number of participants we will use one of the following systems to run the first stage of this tournament:

Group Round Robin (12–16 players)
Bladers are split into two evenly-sized groups and play against every other blader in their group. The top two players from each group advance to the final stage using Single Elimination.

Swiss (17 - 32 Players):
Bladers play 5 rounds. After the first round, bladers are paired based on their match history. Bladers with the highest records face each other, then the second-highest, etc. The top eight players advance to the final stage.

The tournament will take place at Riverbank State Park. Because this is an outdoor venue, the date may be subject to change due to inclement weather. We will meet at the benches by the carousel on the 145th Street entrance side of the park.

Pedestrian Accessible entrance on West 145th and Riverside Drive. Vehicle Entrance is also on W 145th Street and Riverside Drive but parking is not guaranteed.

See image below for a guide:

[Image: view?usp=sharing]

Here is the address of the Carousel/ Merry-Go-Round on Google Maps:

http://maps.app.goo.gl/LWkvY1AXnFbvoHwQ6

Please Arrive On Time

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will start registration at 11:30 AM and will begin the tournament at approximately 12:00PM. If you think you're going to run a bit late, please let me know via a post through this thread or a PM and I'll see what I can do!

If you plan on attending, please click the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
(Aug. 01, 2023  7:22 PM)Beyblader101_ Wrote: This event has been approved.

Thanks Beyblader101_ ! Would it be possible to get a Participant Cap of 24 added to this tourney as it is y first time hosting in quite some time?
Yooooo glad to see you back! Good luck and have fun! 😎
(Aug. 01, 2023  7:30 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2023  7:22 PM)Beyblader101_ Wrote: This event has been approved.

Thanks Beyblader101_ ! Would it be possible to get a Participant Cap of 24 added to this tourney as it is y first time hosting in quite some time?

done !
i want to join but the only legal parts i have is a hasbro valtryek v2 layer and a hasbro yell disc
Hey, question for ya LazerBeamz , what Ranked Clauses are you running at this tournament? I didn't see them listed so I though I'd ask. I hope you're not planning on running no Clauses, cuz that's by far the worst format to play for sure haha!
are u gonna be selling any classic beys?
Is it Hasbro and what generation is it
(Aug. 01, 2023  9:59 PM)bladekid Wrote: Hey, question for ya LazerBeamz , what Ranked Clauses are you running at this tournament? I didn't see them listed so I though I'd ask. I hope you're not planning on running no Clauses, cuz that's by far the worst format to play for sure haha!

Hey bladekid ! Thanks for your question. No Ranked Clauses this time around. It's NYC's first Burst tournament in 3 years, so we're going to run the basic Burst Classic rulebook to start. We'll experiment with Ranked Clauses as we continue to have more events, but for now, I don't see a need to restrict players and their parts any further or overcomplicate the rules we'll be using. Just happy to get Bladers playing again!
I’m so happy to see burst coming back around to NY as it’s the most local beyblade can get for me. Unfortunately every time there seems to be a chance of me finally getting to a beyblade tournament my schedule always gets in the way. I hope the event goes well and I wish that everyone going has a great time!
(Aug. 10, 2023  9:10 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2023  9:59 PM)bladekid Wrote: Hey, question for ya LazerBeamz , what Ranked Clauses are you running at this tournament? I didn't see them listed so I though I'd ask. I hope you're not planning on running no Clauses, cuz that's by far the worst format to play for sure haha!

Hey bladekid ! Thanks for your question. No Ranked Clauses this time around. It's NYC's first Burst tournament in 3 years, so we're going to run the basic Burst Classic rulebook to start. We'll experiment with Ranked Clauses as we continue to have more events, but for now, I don't see a need to restrict players and their parts any further or overcomplicate the rules we'll be using. Just happy to get Bladers playing again!
I'll be honest, Clausless classic is honestly way more restrictive, but I understand why you did what you did.

(Aug. 10, 2023  6:11 PM)Davi franca Wrote: Is it Hasbro and what generation is it
Burst Classic. It's both hasbro and TT, but only allows single and dual layer parts and some of the hasbro turbo exclusives (think season 1 of the Burst anime). It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the base of the format
Trying to figure out which Beyblades we can actually use for this tournament. Anyone have a list? Sorry newbie here.
(Aug. 16, 2023  4:23 PM)loubankai Wrote: Trying to figure out which Beyblades we can actually use for this tournament. Anyone have a list? Sorry newbie here.

Single layers and dual layers.
Man, I would've come but I'm gonna be at Pokémon GO Fest on Saturday. Have fun though! I'll try to make it to the next one!
Thiss is perfect for me because tournament is happening and go fest is right around the corner
Do you have any extra parts that I could use if I were to participate?
MEETING LOCATION UPDATED

Hey Bladers! Please note that the meeting location has been updated! We will meet at the benches by the Carousel/ Merry-Go-Round on the 145th Street Entrance side of Riverbank State Park. Please click on the link below to see a map with a guide of where in the park we will meet.

[Image: view?usp=sharing]

See you all soon!

Here is the address of the Carousel/ Merry-Go-Round on google maps:

http://maps.app.goo.gl/LWkvY1AXnFbvoHwQ6
Got caught in a lot of standstill traffic on the West Side Highway. Running late, but should hopefully get past this soon. 🤞🏻
On our way. Should be there in about 20 minutes.
This matches for event have now been processed.