North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion.

I dont stay far from Charlotte. I live about 3 hours. out... What does it take to orginize an event or find someone to orginize one? It looks like many people are interested.
After Christmas we may host an event at a local park in Gastonia. Not a tournament yet just looking to see who is interested. Who's up for it?
I could see if I could come.
(Dec. 24, 2018  2:32 PM)Takko_The_Boss Wrote: Yooooo, this'd be so sick!!!!

I know I'm hyped too!
Very interested in starting Bey Blade club in Raleigh, NC area anyone else interested or is there already one around?
I'm actually in Raleigh. What would be the goal of said club? Like, what kinds of activities, etc etc?
(Dec. 26, 2018  10:11 PM)Takko_The_Boss Wrote: I'm actually in Raleigh. What would be the goal of said club? Like, what kinds of activities, etc etc?
We are thinking of monthly meet ups and training sessions as well as two tournaments a year if there is interest. What do you think? Events could be held at local parks or other gaming, comic book shops, ice cream parlors. The goal would be to cover both NC and SC so we will need help. ?
I like this idea a lot. But now what about logistics? This begs the question of "How do we generate interest?"

The way I see it, WorldBeyblade.org is a rather esoteric site, in that if I'm someone who enjoys the sport of Beyblade, I am not going to find this site right away. This was exactly the case with me, it was totally random that I even knew this site existed.

So I am thinking about some groups on social media. Hit up good old facebook, create some groups and events, etc.

Regarding the contents of trainings, meetups and tournaments, my inquiries are as follows:

1. Meetups
- We need to figure out what we're going to discuss and cover. Could be a myriad of topics.

2. Training
- What constitutes effective training? Beyblade is part luck, strength of your launch, and then feats of engineering to tailor the result you want in your performance/matches.

3. Tournaments
- How do we go about sanctioning official tournament through WBO? Lets ensure that what we do, we are at least meeting base requirements.
I'm down for tournaments in the metro NC area.
(Dec. 27, 2018  4:24 AM)Sent you a PM with more details.  Takko_The_Boss Wrote: I like this idea a lot. But now what about logistics? This begs the question of "How do we generate interest?"

The way I see it, WorldBeyblade.org is a rather esoteric site, in that if I'm someone who enjoys the sport of Beyblade, I am not going to find this site right away. This was exactly the case with me, it was totally random that I even knew this site existed.

So I am thinking about some groups on social media. Hit up good old facebook, create some groups and events, etc.

Regarding the contents of trainings, meetups and tournaments, my inquiries are as follows:

1. Meetups
- We need to figure out what we're going to discuss and cover. Could be a myriad of topics.

2. Training
- What constitutes effective training? Beyblade is part luck, strength of your launch, and then feats of engineering to tailor the result you want in your performance/matches.

3. Tournaments
- How do we go about sanctioning official tournament through WBO? Lets ensure that what we do, we are at least meeting base requirements.
Bumping the thread
Wow it's crazy for me to log back in and see all of this interest in the North Carolina Community. I realize I'm a little late, but if we can get enough people together I'd be all for hosting an event. I live in the Raliegh area, but I would be willing to drive if most people live further away.
(Jan. 15, 2019  8:10 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Wow it's crazy for me to log back in and see all of this interest in the North Carolina Community. I realize I'm a little late, but if we can get enough people together I'd be all for hosting an event. I live in the Raliegh area, but I would be willing to drive if most people live further away.

I'm down for a tournament! I think others are interested too.
@[Draketv07], are you interseted in @[Stormscorpio1] hosting a tournament?
Bumping the thread.
(Jan. 17, 2019  10:20 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: @[Draketv07], are you interseted in @[Stormscorpio1] hosting a tournament?

Absolutely. We are thinking spring of this year for our first one.
(Jan. 27, 2019  6:24 PM)Draketv07 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2019  10:20 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: @[Draketv07], are you interseted in @[Stormscorpio1] hosting a tournament?

That's awesome!
(Jan. 27, 2019  6:24 PM)Draketv07 Wrote:

Hello Draketv07,

This is wertsdb71 (Blake) posting from Charlotte.  Relatively new to Beyblade but always passionate about my interests.  I'm an adult with keen interest in helping you guys out with setting up and participating in a tourney in the area.  I have access to our neighborhood clubhouse if we need a nice, clean, and safe place, with lots of parking, to hold the tourney.

Please do keep me posted and let me know how I can help,
Sincerely,
wertsdb71
(Feb. 03, 2019  3:16 PM)wertsdb71 Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2019  6:24 PM)Draketv07 Wrote: Absolutely. We are thinking spring of this year for our first one.

Hello Draketv07,

This is wertsdb71 (Blake) posting from Charlotte.  Relatively new to Beyblade but always passionate about my interests.  I'm an adult with keen interest in helping you guys out with setting up and participating in a tourney in the area.  I have access to our neighborhood clubhouse if we need a nice, clean, and safe place, with lots of parking, to hold the tourney.

Sincerely,
wertsdb71

Thank you @[wertsdb71] !
I would love to have one in onslow county since we need it
(Feb. 03, 2019  3:16 PM)wertsdb71 Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2019  6:24 PM)Draketv07 Wrote: Absolutely. We are thinking spring of this year for our first one.

Hello Draketv07,

Sincerely,
wertsdb71

Outstanding. More info coming soon.
(Dec. 25, 2018  9:29 PM)gypsemoth Wrote: Very interested in starting Bey Blade club in Raleigh, NC area anyone else interested or is there already one around?

I may be able to join, but where in Raleigh?

And, is it burst, metal, or both