North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion.

(Jul. 25, 2014  10:55 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Sweet. I'll add you to the unconfirmed list.
what format is it
yes standard Joyful_2
Quite frankly, sorry to burst bubbles, but I'm not competing unless its at GT, so i'm out on that
(Jul. 26, 2014  2:20 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Quite frankly, sorry to burst bubbles, but I'm not competing unless its at GT, so i'm out on that

Well then its time to pick up your launcher, get me bacon and get to GT because on Auguat 16th. Proposal will be up this week.
Guys, I think our tournament activity is declining too fast. What ever happened to the North Carolina that could pull 20 participants out of the sky for a tournament like it was nothing?

I think our problem is time. TBH, the reason I think the Revival was so successful was because we posted the proposal 3 weeks in advance, and we got it in the official events section the day it was approved. After we did that, plenty of people saw the event posted in the main index, and they had plenty of time to organize themselves and sign up. Some people only ever check the upcoming events section, and, TBH, a lot of our tournaments never even end up there because the thread was posted on such short notice.

I think we should begin a coordinated schedule - 1 tournament every 3 weeks at the minimum, and the proposal for the next event should be posted immediately before the previous event begins. That way, while we are literally playing in the previous event, a committee member can review the proposal for the next tournament, and we can have it approved and posted in the upcoming events section by the end of the day.

Toronto posts all their event proposals early, and I think that's a huge part of why they can get so many participants so easily. I'd also like to work on a PM list at some point for potential attendees that we could send out when a tournament is approved. They Beymap system works well, but a lot of players aren't registered on it unfortunately, so...

If anyone wants to, it would also help to put this in your signature:

Quote:Click here for the next tournament coming up in North Carolina!

And update the hyperlink as events come and go.

This'll help get the word out.

I'm hoping the event on the 30th will get a decent turnout, since I posted it a month in advance, but we need more to follow.
His user title is NYCbeybladerevival. Not sure what that has to do with NC, you must've read it wrong.
Oh, perhaps I did. I could've sworn it said NC...

But still.
I do have a list like that already compiled. Emails have been sent out. Usually during the transition from Summer to school starting back we see a slight decline in tournament activity. It will go back up in September/October.
Also according to Midnight Canada hasn't been doing so hot this year with tournaments, I believe he told me there were barely hitting the minimum for tournaments (excluding AN). I think the problem is 1) Beyblade as a hobby is just generally losing interest 2) We missed Summer Oppurtunities sadly. It's about time for school to start up so more parents and students have that at the top of their list than beyblade. Not to mention our only Summer Event had Plastic as the first tournament and some people probably didn't exactly know when the other format would start because most people probably didn't want to attend a Plastic tournament. 3) We have nothing to get older members to start coming again or newer members to start joining. All of our tournaments are the same. Nothing special and never any prizes. At the BeyDays event that I hosted this year I gave a bag of candy to everyone (and they could take more if they wanted to since we had extra) and I had prizes (mainly candy, but a Beyblade for first). I think little things like that are nice, that wasn't really a reason we lost attendants but its something to think about.

I think our greatest opportunity will be if Toys R Us hosts a tournament, I only brought this up because Dark posted something that Hasbro said that hinted Tournents. Hopefully they do have some as we could easily get interest there. Also I think something like Durant Park can be an amazing tournament location. Game Theory is nice (Wi-Fi, Refresents, other Games) but I'm not sure all parents are willing to take there kid to GT because it mainly consists of upper teens and adults. When I was thinking about a location for BeyDays And then I remembered about Durant Park I was ready to host there. It has a playground for kids, parents can go take a walk and its a really nice place in general so I'm glad TBD is hosting an event there later this month.

I think we all hope this attendance decrease will stop, but we need to start doing something better and we need to start now.
Its like this every year. We will get the minimum number of people this weekend. Then afterwards Ill go on a recruiting rampage. NC will rise from this.
Well, yah; we always have ups and downs, but I say we try harder to take advantage of the ups and rev up the downs as much as we can.

And yah, Durant Park is great. Such a nice place.
That's not true for what was being said for Canada. We always hit the minimum and go above that, especially because we have about 8-9 members who already regularly attend tournaments. As long as we put up our tournament thread a few weeks before, we get a respectable amount of people (13-15).

You guys have a really active community and as long as you guys put up a thread early, it'll raise lot's of awareness for the tournament. You guys could easily get 20 people Smile
I think that the main reason that we are getting so few attendees for are events is that we are doing to many of them. We do about two events every month and in doing so it puts the mind set of " oh it doesn't matter if I miss this event they'll just have another in two weeks." Into potential participants heads. We started to have a decline of members ever since we started doing events so often. I think that how we can get attendance up is by only doing a max of one event a month, we can still do multiple tournaments on these dates just not have so many dates. That's just my opinion.
Except for like the past few years there has more or less been a tournament every 2/3 weeks. I haven't been to all of them but I keep up with this thread pretty consistently and the decline seemed to happen around late 2013.

I know at least one person here will blame the decline on a certain Spin Track but I think it might just be from just decline in Beyblade in general. The series is more or less over, TT has stopped production, the anime is over, and Hasbro only has remakes until what?

My best guess is to have different locations, like what Thunder Dome said. From what I've seen GT is mainly older teens/adults who already have their own hobbies and don't really show interest in us. If we could find younger kids they might see us as cool and want to go to a tournament themselves. Toys-"R"-Us might be the best idea if we can get permission.
I relly need to get back in to doing this, i've had a lot of stuff to do over the summer.
(Aug. 14, 2014  3:42 AM)Wombat Wrote: I know at least one person here will blame the decline on a certain Spin Track...

Hah hah hah. Very funny.

I think that's the reason for decline in attendance/frequency to/of Zero-G tournaments, but not the attendance rate of events in general.
I mean, Tier Zero profited with people until either people grew out of the toy or blamed the distance. Now we're only getting regulars. I agree, a recruitment thing would be nice to do, especially with how good Zero G is, anybody can make something competition worthy with two chrome wheels. Now would be a good time to do it...
(Aug. 16, 2014  12:11 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I mean, Tier Zero profited with people until either people grew out of the toy or blamed the distance. Now we're only getting regulars. I agree, a recruitment thing would be nice to do, especially with how good Zero G is, anybody can make something competition worthy with two chrome wheels. Now would be a good time to do it...

I have simethings in the works.

And in regsrds tontier zero, It was no longer beneficial for either party to host anymore. Ancouple months ago they asked mento come back, I declined.
So how are we gonna do this? Flyers? E-mail?

If only Toy R Us would have a couple tournaments. *SIGH*

Common Takara Tomy, release something new already.
(Aug. 22, 2014  3:25 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: So how are we gonna do this? Flyers? E-mail?

If only Toy R Us would have a couple tournaments. *SIGH*

Common Takara Tomy, release something new already.
Go to a store with promo cards and put them in the beyblade boxes. It should work and it would be fun to see if we get new people.
I'm thinking a big Limited event in October. A sort of promotional thing, like the Revival back in April (which was very successful). We could have legit prizes. Like, you know; good ones. Prizes that would make people want to come just for a chance to win them.

I was thinking "Limited Throwdown." We could do a whole signature advertising thing like we did with the revival, have the proposal posted super super early, with a really cool looking Graphic and everything.

I'd host and make the thread and everything. I think it'd be really cool.

Can't believe London hasn't had anything in over a year and they just pulled 17 people out of nowhere. We have tournaments every month and we can barely make 8. We've gotta kick it up a notch guys.

So who'd be willing to donate for prizes? I already asked the committee and they said they could reimburse like 20 bucks of it. I'm thinking like a total of $60 for the entire prize pool. I could throw in a little cash.

We'd have:

BB-96 Super Deck Set + BB-102 Screw Capricorn 90MF for first
BB-75 Deck Entry Set + BB-85 Metal Face 2 for second
BB-91 Ray Gil 100RSF + BB-85 Metal Face 2 for third

If I bought that all right now, it'd total to $60.02.

So who can help pay? I could do like 20 dollars max. The committee could do 20. That leaves us with 20 to cover.

I bet you people would come out of the woodwork for those prizes.
I could donate $10 to you guys if needed.
I could potentially be able to donate some. I can have a definite answer by to tomorrow.

Also I believe it's Screw Capricorne, you put Storm.

Hopefully it's a decent sized event. I'm tired and sick of Full Round Robin. Time to start stuffig promo cards in boxes.