Nintendo 3DS

nintendo's next handheld despite the name it is not a revamp of the dsi but an entirely new console. It will keep the 2 screens but atleast one will be 3d. it will also have a rumble feature motion sensing a camera and mic and bigger carteredges.

post your opinions and rumors Smile
The only confirmed news is that it'll have tilt sensing, 3D, and have two screens. Everything else you posted isn't confirmed.
yep btw the rumble and cartredges are from patients and the camera and mic is there cause nintender said dat it can play dsi games lol Smile
I have one thing to say, NINTENDO!!!! You just released the DSI! LET THAT SINK IN BEFORE YOU MAKE SOMETHING NEW!!!!
The design concept seems solid. I mean the DS was a HIT; don't fix what ain't broke.
Comparing the new handheld with the DS/Lite/i/iXL it'll be the same feeling, I have a strong feeling about it.
Im just happy they said that old DS games will work on it.

EDIT: 100 post!!!
Any mock ups or design concepts you've seen are made by some person who doesn't work for Nintendo. Nintendo just released a press release for the 3DS with like a paragraph of information, saying that it'll be full unveiled at E3 in June.
lol all i want to sasy is owned to people who bought the dsi like recently.
And i still have my Phat DS! finally a worthy upgrade.
I wish people cared more about buttons than flashy touch screen, motion sensing, tilt controlling rubbish. Sure they can be fun at times but there's nothing wrong with buttons. Confused
(Apr. 01, 2010  3:15 PM)Pikachao Wrote: I wish people cared more about buttons than flashy touch screen, motion sensing, tilt controlling rubbish. Sure they can be fun at times but there's nothing wrong with buttons. Confused

yeah, man, i wish there was at least one games console out there that still used buttons
(Apr. 01, 2010  3:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: yeah, man, i wish there was at least one games console out there that still used buttons

I didn't say there weren't any.
I'm actually not buying this because I'm sure that by mid 2011, or early 2012 Nintendo will release the 3DSlite.

They've really become pretty arrogant getting consumers and developers to support the DSi only to send it to it's death only two years after launch (DSi launched in 2008 in Japan, 3DS will be out this year in Japan). Like really, there is no reason for the DSi to exist at this point in time. There hasn't been any worthwhile exclusive titles that either use the cameras in a meaningful way, or use the extra processing power. And any games you've bought from the DSi Shop will have to be purchased again on the 3DS because Nintendo doesn't know how to manage a download store like Sony, or Microsoft. I use the same PSN ID on PSP and PS3, with games that are compatible with both platforms, and that account can be activated on 5 systems at once, where as with Nintendo my downloads are tied to only the console it was downloaded on.
(Apr. 01, 2010  4:00 PM)To Wrote: I'm actually not buying this because I'm sure that by mid 2011, or early 2012 Nintendo will release the 3DSlite.

Well the DS lite didn't really update the DS in any way except it looks a bit better and the screen has different backlight settings. The only reason I have one is my DS phat's L button doesn't work.

Don't spend 2 years not playing games because a slightly better looking console that is the same might be released. Uncertain
Knowing Nintendo of current, the 3DS probably won't fit in my pocket because they want to make the screen large enough for seniors to see. So I'll wait for a revision, and it's not like I expect a huge tonne of quality software on the 3DS in a year.
(Apr. 01, 2010  10:26 PM)To Wrote: Knowing Nintendo of current, the 3DS probably won't fit in my pocket because they want to make the screen large enough for seniors to see. So I'll wait for a revision, and it's not like I expect a huge tonne of quality software on the 3DS in a year.

Actually the Screens will be smaller than 4.0 inches. So that could be the same size as the DSi screens.
(Apr. 01, 2010  10:33 PM)mezz Wrote: Actually the Screens will be smaller than 4.0 inches. So that could be the same size as the DSi screens.

This. That huge DS they made wasn't meant to be the main product. It was a very recently added larger version of the regular product. If they made all their consoles that size THEN it'd be time to worry.
(Apr. 01, 2010  10:26 PM)To Wrote: Knowing Nintendo of current, the 3DS probably won't fit in my pocket because they want to make the screen large enough for seniors to see. So I'll wait for a revision, and it's not like I expect a huge tonne of quality software on the 3DS in a year.

is portability that much of a gamebreaker [excuse the pun] now? in fact, was it ever? the only console which fits into my pocket without making me look like a serious idiot is the gameboy micro
(Apr. 02, 2010  1:32 AM)♥ Wrote: is portability that much of a gamebreaker [excuse the pun] now? in fact, was it ever? the only console which fits into my pocket without making me look like a serious idiot is the gameboy micro

I clearly have bigger pockets than you.
(Apr. 01, 2010  10:33 PM)mezz Wrote: Actually the Screens will be smaller than 4.0 inches. So that could be the same size as the DSi screens.

For a person who doesn't work for Nintendo, you sure know a lot about a device they haven't spoken more than a paragraph about.
(Apr. 02, 2010  2:01 AM)To Wrote: I clearly have bigger pockets than you.

For a person who doesn't work for Nintendo, you sure know a lot about a device they haven't spoken more than a paragraph about.
lol GoNintendo.com Wink
(Apr. 01, 2010  12:08 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: I have one thing to say, NINTENDO!!!! You just released the DSI! LET THAT SINK IN BEFORE YOU MAKE SOMETHING NEW!!!!
Nintendo's Strategy is simple release more consoles= more choice for consumers= More money for Nintendo= less money for the competitors aka Sony.
All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be posting speculation as fact. If I were to believe every bit of speculation regarding the PSP Go, it should have launched with a phone model, 3G support on that one, a touch screen, camera, extra graphics and processing prower, a hard-drive, slide-out design, bluetooth linking, and GPS built in. Only three of those were actually true.

There are things we can assume will be fact, but ain't close to 100%. We can assume it will have access to the DSi-Shop if it's compatible with DSi software. We can maybe assume it'll have a camera, since some DSi software is reliant on the camera. We can assume that DSi owners won't be able to bring their legacy games from the Shop because the way Nintendo has handled itself on the DD front in the past. They could somehow link it to the Club Nintendo accounts, so maybe not all hope is lost on that regard (but it most likely will be).
(Apr. 02, 2010  5:48 PM)To Wrote: All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be posting speculation as fact. If I were to believe every bit of speculation regarding the PSP Go, it should have launched with a phone model, 3G support on that one, a touch screen, camera, extra graphics and processing prower, a hard-drive, slide-out design, bluetooth linking, and GPS built in. Only three of those were actually true.

There are things we can assume will be fact, but ain't close to 100%. We can assume it will have access to the DSi-Shop if it's compatible with DSi software. We can maybe assume it'll have a camera, since some DSi software is reliant on the camera. We can assume that DSi owners won't be able to bring their legacy games from the Shop because the way Nintendo has handled itself on the DD front in the past. They could somehow link it to the Club Nintendo accounts, so maybe not all hope is lost on that regard (but it most likely will be).

I know, but all the rumours and speculation fit together like a puzzle, and Nintendo have confirmed it will be Backwards compatible(i think lol) with DSi games,which means DSi Shop. And to be honest once Nintendo release the 3DS, i will buy it.
To is saying it's unlikely to be able to rebuy purchased games for free on the 3DS
(Apr. 05, 2010  5:35 PM)Giga Wrote: To is saying it's unlikely to be able to rebuy purchased games for free on the 3DS

That's because Nintendo has one of the most inempt storefronts in the history of modern digital distribution.
Ok to clear things up here is the OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE DIRECTLY from NINTENDO:

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Minami-ward of Kyoto-city, President Satoru Iwata) will launch "Nintendo 3DS"(temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011, on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses.

"Nintendo 3DS"(temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed "Nintendo DS series", whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.

We are planning to announce additional details at E3 show, which is scheduled to be held from June 15, 2010 at Los Angeles in the U.S.