Nintendo 3DS

(Jun. 16, 2010  3:26 AM)To Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2010  2:51 AM)The LVJ Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2010  7:20 PM)To Wrote: That thing is worse than the 360 slim.

Are you going to state your reasoning?

I said it in the E3 thread, but I have an issue with the clamshell design and my hands so this using that design is something I already have a problem with. The two screens taking up different real estate on each shell looks really cheap and ugly. Also, the positioning of the one (!) analog nub is so weird and off putting. That last part also is something that'll cramp up my hands.

While it is a mockup, I doubt much will change before launch.

Er, um, guess how dramatic the changes of the first DS had been at launch, no ugly black borders. Tired
(Apr. 01, 2010  9:58 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2010  4:00 PM)To Wrote: I'm actually not buying this because I'm sure that by mid 2011, or early 2012 Nintendo will release the 3DSlite.

Well the DS lite didn't really update the DS in any way except it looks a bit better and the screen has different backlight settings. The only reason I have one is my DS phat's L button doesn't work.

Don't spend 2 years not playing games because a slightly better looking console that is the same might be released. Uncertain
i too still own the OG ds. Plus my L button isn't working either, lol
ITT: To nags about negligible design decisions that will almost certainly be dropped/changed before release.
(Jun. 16, 2010  7:07 AM)Roan Wrote: ITT: To nags about negligible design decisions that will almost certainly be dropped/changed before release.

They aren't going to change it from a clamshell, lol. Though they could swap the positions of the D-Pad and the nub. The bottom screen is most likely not going to get bigger as there is no space left on the sides, so the top screen would have to get smaller (but I think that screen being the way it is, is due to it being a 3D display).
The release date for the 3DS is going to be annouced on Sepetember 29th
http://spawnkill.com/2010/07/29/3ds-rele...g-sept-29/
So, they've revealed the date that they will announce the release date...
they should have 2 touch screens.
(Jul. 30, 2010  3:50 AM)BlackAcePegasus Wrote: they should have 2 touch screens.

That would unnecessarily ride up production and retail costs, but please state your reasoning.
(Jul. 29, 2010  11:45 PM)The LVJ Wrote: So, they've revealed the date that they will announce the release date...

Announcement of announcements.
I wouldn't get this just yet. It's the Mark I of the 3DS, so they'll obviously have a much better version coming out in store (and a much better looking one at that). It's just like the iPad. The next one will have a camera.

It's nice to see some interesting innovation, but to be honest, it's not as appealing to me just yet.
Do you mean that the iPad will have a camera? The 3DS already has 3.
3dsi look like it is going to be cool when do it come out
I'm probably not going to get this. My parents would not let me buy a 3d game after I bought this. So I'm just going to wait for the system after this. But still it looks cool.
Personally I can't wait for it to come out. I'm just worried about the price.
(Jul. 30, 2010  6:04 PM)The LVJ Wrote: Do you mean that the iPad will have a camera? The 3DS already has 3.

Yes, I meant the iPad.

Back to the 3DS, I'm not saying it's bad; it seems quite phenomenal as is. I'm just saying, Nintendo is going to redesign it and upgrade features. I'm not a huge fan of the black top part of the clamshell, to be honest.
(Jul. 31, 2010  6:43 AM)桃太郎 Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2010  6:04 PM)The LVJ Wrote: Do you mean that the iPad will have a camera? The 3DS already has 3.

Yes, I meant the iPad.

Back to the 3DS, I'm not saying it's bad; it seems quite phenomenal as is. I'm just saying, Nintendo is going to redesign it and upgrade features. I'm not a huge fan of the black top part of the clamshell, to be honest.

I'm not a fan of the black part either but it is part of the screen needed to use the 3D effect without glasses.
For the record, I'm sold on this piece of hardware. Plus, tons of N64 games are getting ported to it, including OoT and SF64 :3 I'm excited for the prospect of a possible SSBPortable!
i am tottaly gonna buy this
Don't know if i should get it. If its $200 maybe, but I could get so much other things with that money :l
I hope they dont raise the game prices from 30$-36$ to like over 40$. If they do then im probally getting only 1 game every two or three months for them Chocked_2.
i cant wait to see Oot and mgs3 in 3d and kid icarus looks epic
(Jul. 31, 2010  9:41 PM)fragbait Wrote: I'm excited for the prospect of a possible SSBPortable!

I would eat my hat if this happened.
Extremely limited capacity/SAKURAIIIIIIIII : [
Maybe a SSB Port? Nintendo would be crazy not to release it!
Sakurai isn't going to make another Smash Bros, Nintendo practically forced the guy to do Brawl. Melee was mean't to be the final one. But there is hope for another developer to make it.
(Jul. 31, 2010  6:43 AM)桃太郎 Wrote:

Yes, I meant the iPad.

May I remind you that Nintendo has said the 3DS has been in development since the Nintendo DS came out. That's about six years. And that the 3DS has been in its current form for about 3 years. I'm not saying that there won't be a new redesign for the 3DS, but the way you have written it is that there will be lots. There won't be Nintendo has had six years to make this system near perfection. As for the current DS redesigns, they were tests.

The original DS was never gonna live up to the GBA in its form, Nintendo had to release a slimmer and lighter DS in order to attract a wider range of customers.
The DSi was a test, to see if people liked having cameras on the DS..etc. The DSiXL was a test to see if bigger is better, but it largely attracted the 'older' generation of gamers. Now the 3DS is the successor to the DS and is not a test seeing as Nintendo have been experimenting with it for six years.
(Aug. 01, 2010  6:57 PM)Akel Wrote: I hope they dont raise the game prices from 30$-36$ to like over 40$. If they do then im probally getting only 1 game every two or three months for them Chocked_2.

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the prices for the games shot above $40. All over the net people are ranting over the revolutionary gameplay that's going to be experienced once the 3DS comes out. That being said, there's going to be a different amount of effort needed to put together games for the 3DS and companies most likely will obviously want more money from them =_=; I mean people are comparing the graphics from the 3DS to current gen home consoles. That mentality is bound to lead them to think their games can hold the same price tags as current gen home console games...
(Aug. 08, 2010  8:30 PM)otastam Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2010  6:57 PM)Akel Wrote: I hope they dont raise the game prices from 30$-36$ to like over 40$. If they do then im probally getting only 1 game every two or three months for them Chocked_2.

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the prices for the games shot above $40. All over the net people are ranting over the revolutionary gameplay that's going to be experienced once the 3DS comes out. That being said, there's going to be a different amount of effort needed to put together games for the 3DS and companies most likely will obviously want more money from them =_=; I mean people are comparing the graphics from the 3DS to current gen home consoles. That mentality is bound to lead them to think their games can hold the same price tags as current gen home console games...
Actually, Capcom have stated that the 3DS development costs aren't high.