Nic went down to the zoo...

....and I ripped this off a passing zebra!

[Image: 900b5f4a.jpg]
[Image: 226d63c1.jpg]

And the result is.....

[Image: ff6dd202.jpg]

First, some background information! I did this for a venue with live music. They have two drumkits, a Tama Stagestar on the first floor and a Pearl Target on the 3rd floor. I don't dare to touch the stagestar, and anyway the first floor is already psychedelic enough:

[Image: f76c16a7.jpg]

Upstairs, though...

[Image: b234c921.jpg]
[Image: 17607a12.jpg]
[Image: 29ebc52f.jpg]
[Image: 74f631dc.jpg]

I just wrapped this over the pre-existing wrap. Considering that they're using coated powerstrokes and emperors on the drums and muffling the bass, I don't think it'll suffer much from any decreased resonance. Later, while playing, I find the sound quite focused but doesn't sound very muffled (except the bass)

[Image: 685e2514.jpg]
[Image: 6dbf2f18.jpg]
[Image: 050d7fad.jpg]
[Image: 638e4be9.jpg]

The surface looks a little warped, but actually the cloth itself already had an existing "wavy" texture on top of the zebra-print texture. It's actually flat.

However, I think if the heads are tensioned too tight, it'll push at the fur. Since it made the surface thicker, I noticed the heads were a little harder to tension.

I think this suits the venue well. In fact, on the first floor I think there's a sofa in the exact same fabric!
this carp owns
very cool manSmile
drums and venue. got any reception on your enhancement?
The Drum Kit looks awsome! Looks like a really nice place aswell.
I think you win the contest for best interior decorating here lol
They look really awesome. Nice venue. Grin
like the owners or customers sayin "thats cool".. I Dunno
Thats majorly epic dude!
To me it feels revolutionary and retro at the same time, an indescribable sensation.
i hope you don't plan to take that off once your done with the venue.
I'm not performing at the venue. I did this for the owner.
Dude that looks sick! How long did it take?
I love it man! The heads on your Toms are bugging me though lol, I'm like carp about heads on drums being perfect
As I might have mentioned before, these are not my drums.