Next Gen Hardware Predictions

(Dec. 14, 2008  7:41 PM)Evan Wrote: I think we should use this topic for next gen handhelds too.

For some reason, I'm seeing the next PSP having tilt control. But I'm not seeing a very good use for it Tongue_out_wink

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it sported a touch screen, judging by the popularity of the DS and iPhone/iPod Touch.
they can't possibly do that much more with handhelds to improve gameplay that much can they? improvement of graphic is proboably all they can do to keep the thing pocket-sized
EDIT- Sorry, this was a ill-intended post, I've decided its' not worth the space. So once again, I apologize for a useless post.
microsoft better make a handheld since sony said there's no plans for a PSP2
(Dec. 15, 2008  6:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: microsoft better make a handheld since sony said there's no plans for a PSP2

PSP 3000 is supposed to come out (not that I'm impressed)
(Dec. 15, 2008  7:27 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2008  6:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: microsoft better make a handheld since sony said there's no plans for a PSP2

That's just a remodel, not a new generation.
i dunno, i have a feeling microsoft handheld would end up being a lot like a PSP.
what decent games would be on it that are exclusive to microsoft?
:\
(Dec. 15, 2008  7:53 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: i dunno, i have a feeling microsoft handheld would end up being a lot like a PSP.
what decent games would be on it that are exclusive to microsoft?
:\

uhhh how can we say this about a system that doesn't exist?
Not related: I just want to say is gets me annoyed to hear people complain about lack of new games during any lull. there are more great old games than can be played in a regular lifetime. So carp shut up. LOL not directed at anyone, but i read it all over the net and hear about it often....

(Dec. 13, 2008  5:55 PM)To Wrote: MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (Can't play till X-mas)
Prince Of Persia (Can't play till X-mas)
Mirror's Edge (Can't play till X-mas)
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Can't play till X-mas)
Dead Space (Can't play till X-mas)
Call of Duty 5: World At War (Can't play till X-mas)
Folklore
LittleBigPlanet( EVERYONE MUST PLAY THIS GAME)

DragonBall Z: Burst Limit
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction
Motorstorm
The Eye Of Judgement
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Heavenly Sword
Lair

Grand Theft Auto IV
TimeShift (If I didn't get this for free...)
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (I told him it was like a demo...)

Soul Calibur IV
SOCOM: Confrontation (But neither of us can play it...)
Assasin's Creed
NHL 09
Valkyria Chronicles ( EVERYONE MUST PLAY THIS GAME) do wanttt demo was superprise[/b]
Fallout 3
The Orange Box

reading back a few pages LOLOMGBBQ! Dude theres some hating. :]
Brad shut up, To listed infact a bunch of great ps games there.

I dunno why its become the thing to hate on Sony and the PS3.
The PS2 was a carp awsome console, I don't think we will see another console like that for a while. Did everyone forget the great games were delivered? was it the PS3's launch price? Was it the delays?

W.E. I think the greatest thing about the PS3 is seeing how much it has improved. Being a owner since June and I am more than pleased with mine. I have about 4 games to play, and make use of its other features alot.

Not related: I just want to say is gets me annoyed to hear people complain about lack of new games during any lull. there are more great old games than can be played in a regular lifetime. So carp shut up. LOL not directed at anyone, but i read it all over the net and hear about it often....

If you do love games and gaming, now there isn't much reason to not have both systems. Both platforms have great selection of games available.

I'll acknowledge coming from me its hypocritical, because I don't plan to buy 360. If I do it will all be second hand.
why I have never wanted an xbox:
1. I don't want to give my money to Microsoft. As little as possible, Sure I have vista, but it was packaged, and the family PC is a freedistro of XP.
2. Design. Like the first Xbox, there not much tech innovation here. Moreless off the self PC components & architecture. I saw that back in 2002 as such an easy way out. Irony is= rrod.
3.RROD. Yeah it is hind sight, but carp as a consumer I would not take that kind of carp. I'd want my money back. Things can and do break, but a 30%+- failure rate is not expected from an appliance of a few hundred dollars with a big name behind it.
4.Microsoft Nickle-diming. network adapter? proprietory Headset? chat pad? HDD? Live?(I am aware its good, but for me the differences from the PSN today is not enough to pay for. Plus In not big on online yet anyway)
5.demographics-live. you can just mute players but I've played on live and the swearing and immaturity I've come across is not appealing.

There is lots of great IP for the Xbox though, I don't have any badblood for. I suck at halo, but 4 player split was so awsome with friends (at that time I had no console cept PS, since 98 lol)

Its that I've boycott M$ basically. The vote with you dollar thing.

Sony is not doing that bad. Great games are still coming. They are paying for thier blunders too. UGHGGH market dpt. is wack, overcomplicate every advert. Plus Sony just don't buy as much ad time I think.

ANYWAY the thread carp title says next gen prediction.

So I won't count Sony out, Nintendo has so much cash it ought to have something Crazy, MS will have learned from their rrod mistake. Hopefully a new platform arises while/or PC gaming comes back some fierce.
Sega Dreamcast 2
(Dec. 16, 2008  3:18 AM)Kei Wrote: Sega Dreamcast 2

I would buy 3 just to make sure sega doesn't PHAIL this time.

This won't happen and I hope against hope that it never ever does.

We don't need an excuse to allow more carp Sonic games into the world.
(Dec. 15, 2008  7:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2008  7:27 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:

That's just a remodel, not a new generation.

I'm saying that they're focusing on the system they have right now, and because of this it wouldn't seem they would be announcing another generation.
(Dec. 16, 2008  3:51 AM)Roan Wrote:

This won't happen and I hope against hope that it never ever does.

We don't need an excuse to allow more carp Sonic games into the world.

Dream Cast was a good console. This console does not get the credit it deserves, and that's partially due to bad marketing.
there's a difference between announcing a new generation and declaring you're at least thinking of the next generation
(Dec. 16, 2008  6:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: there's a difference between announcing a new generation and declaring you're at least thinking of the next generation

Thinking usually means they will announce...eventually.
Whatever, PSP has been ruined by piracy anyway.

Anything they release after this will likely meet the same fate.
(Dec. 16, 2008  6:06 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  6:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: there's a difference between announcing a new generation and declaring you're at least thinking of the next generation

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/11/scee-b...last-pick/
(Dec. 16, 2008  6:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

? That's what I said. there's no plan, no thinking, therefore no announcements.
Next gen consoles i think won't be out for a while. Ps3 hasn't really reached its full potential (PS Home was just released)
Wii sales are going great even 2 years after the release date, they're prolly gonna do different colours of the console before making a new one.
Xbox 360 - Maybe, its pretty carp - so they should make a new one.
------
Don't get me wrong xbox 360 has some great games, but with the red ring of death a common problem, it really makes the buyer try to avoid it. I can leave my ps3 or wii on for as long as i want without it dieing. With the 360 my friend's died in less than 2 weeks of him getting it.

How it happened (Don't read this unless you want to know how his 360 died)
Red ring of death is a common problem. (Search it up if you dunno about it)
My friend a hardcore gamer got his 360 and was so happy. Unfortunately he was unknowing of the overheating problem and left is 360 on over 3 nights, what made things worse was that he leaves his 360 on carpet, which insulates heat.
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:16 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:

the fact that there's no plan for a PSP2 this far into the PSP's lifecycle is a seriously bad sign
that would be cool, he more the merrier IMO. I wwant to play the DC pretty bad..

Roan, saying you don't like Sonic suffices. They aren't all "carp", I think thats disrespect even though the best of them being older.

Right now idc for psp2. I know they have done R&D for a second psp, likely just going to shelve it given the consumer climate.
(Dec. 16, 2008  5:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:16 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:

the fact that there's no plan for a PSP2 this far into the PSP's lifecycle is a seriously bad sign

I agree. They should have been trying to make a better console a year ago in my opinion.
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:53 AM)Taiki Wrote: How it happened (Don't read this unless you want to know how his 360 died)
Red ring of death is a common problem. (Search it up if you dunno about it)
My friend a hardcore gamer got his 360 and was so happy. Unfortunately he was unknowing of the overheating problem and left is 360 on over 3 nights, what made things worse was that he leaves his 360 on carpet, which insulates heat.

My 360 works fine, however It had the rings of death one time. I fixed it easily turning it off, taking the hard drive out, blowing dust out, putting it back in nicely, and it worked again.
(Dec. 16, 2008  6:45 PM)Blue Wrote:
Roan, saying you don't like Sonic suffices. They aren't all "carp", I think thats disrespect even though the best of them being older.

I don't think its being disrespectful at all, its being truthful. There hasn't been a good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 1, and its not as if I'm in the minority with that opinion.
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:00 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  6:45 PM)Blue Wrote:

I don't think its being disrespectful at all, its being truthful. There hasn't been a good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 1, and its not as if I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Sonic Rush says Hi. Anyways, I understand that most Sonic games after SA weren't as good as they could have been (especially in comparison to the originals), but in a number of them, they were most definitely not "carp" by any means; one bright spot being the Sonic Rush series.

also Blue, that render is sweeet